Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: LokiJake

Goldmember LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake's Avatar

I ran across #96 of Wastelands and replaced the 1st edition i had between bookend and the #51. It's in really great condition and I thought a reasonable price at under 600.

Wanted:
    Wizard & Glass S/L #51 (can trade #229 in plastic)
    Song of Susannah S/L #51 (can trade PC or #293) Found 3/12

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ction-LokiJake

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice grab, congrats!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Jake!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake's Avatar

I had to put the book collection away for the last couple months while we went through remodel. With painting and traveling in October, i'm going to put everything back up first week of November when hopefully my last sculpture will be completed and delivered. Got this back today from framers to replace a poster with a more appropriate DT Print from Michael Whelan: THE DARK TOWER: THE LONG ROAD

Last edited by LokiJake; 12-10-2016 at 01:44 PM.
    Wanted:

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Jake! Is that booze on the table
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    It's very rare for me to drink with the whole bottle out, but i got my first root canal this afternoon and was managing with El Tesoro Anejo tequila :-)
    Wanted:

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Looks GREAT Jake!!!!
    Sorry to hear about the root canal!!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice Jake !

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LokiJake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    It's very rare for me to drink with the whole bottle out, but i got my first root canal this afternoon and was managing with El Tesoro Anejo tequila :-)
    Pain management 101. Quick recovery, my friend.

Gunslinger Apprentice ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice job on the frame congrats, get well soon.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

NICE!!!!!!!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks great

This box arrived today on Halloween, that I have been waiting for to finish my office DT collection ever since i became aware of Rachel's work and the CK sculpture. I had everything put away until we finished our remodel which wrapped up a couple of weeks ago. I updated pictures at beginning of post with new addition and all the books back out.

I am very lucky that I came along when Rachel (https://rachelreadman.com/) was finalizing steps to creating this amazing piece. Thank you so much Rachel for helping me take my collection to the next level and making my office area an amazing place to work and relax!

Shih Tzu inspection:

Wanted:

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations... It is truly a stunning piece and a perfect addition to your Dark Tower focus.

Country
    Country Flag

Simply awesome, Jake! Congrats!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesomesuperbeautifulamazing !!!
    CONGRATS !!

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Outstanding! Big congrats!

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very Very Cool, Congrats.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

I know this may seem amusing to some, but i had a recent victory where my wife let me reclaim a hallway area next to the office (post remodel). I've put my unsigned 1st ed DT books there (except Gunslinger) and a hardback Gunslinger. Most of my read copies of different types of books are in different closets/shelves here and there.

Found permanent spot for the Crimson King Case (red box) which was built so well to ship from England, I had to make into a permanent table. Put a couple of updated pics of the office.

I'm sure this won't be a surprise to anyone here, but I decided i want to expand my collection size from office desk with limited real estate. With a baby coming and other rooms restricted, got permission (yes from wife) to make some changes to office. I'm on the lookout for some type of display case or bookshelf to go in open space underneath framed dragons to the left of TV when facing (bottom pic) where i'm thinking I can put non-DT books.

Hoping to have some additions over the next few months. I really enjoy the collection being where i work and play and plan on keeping it that way. For those thinking it, i do understand about kids and exposed books. Planned future barriers/doors aside, I completed a 2-month process of working with underwriters of homeowners insurance (after appraisal) to have collection covered at full retail. For those curious about this, it's just like insuring jewelry. Appraisal, approval (longer wait), increased premium.
    Last edited by LokiJake; 03-16-2017 at 05:07 PM. Reason: updated pics on late pages
    Wanted:

Country
    Country Flag

Looking good, Jake!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Brilliant idea using the case as an end table. I think I'll copycat that.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LokiJake View Post
    Hoping to have some additions over the next few months. I really enjoy the collection being where i work and play and plan on keeping it that way. For those thinking it, i do understand about kids and exposed books. Planned future barriers/doors aside, I completed a 2-month process of working with underwriters of homeowners insurance (after appraisal) to have collection covered at full retail. For those curious about this, it's just like insuring jewelry. Appraisal, approval (longer wait), increased premium.
    Are they insuring for full retail or market value? - that's a big difference. Also there are insurance companies that specialize in collectibles. Might be worth looking into.

https://collectinsure.com
    http://americancollectors.com
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Brilliant idea using the case as an end table. I think I'll copycat that.
    I'd like to see the pics with what you come up with. It also works for storage when you remove foam insert for infrequently accessed items :-)
    Wanted:

Traveler LokiJake2 is on a distinguished road

I was hoping someone could reactivate my LokiJake login so i don't have to re-do all my profile info. Sorry to post here, but my login has no permissions anymore to post or reply or send messages and hoping I can update my collection pics if someone reads here. Thanks Jerome/Adminstrator in advance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast