Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: LokiJake

Goldmember LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake's Avatar

Default Book Collection: LokiJake

Exclusively DT except for #51 Black House which I got with the #51 DT group most of my books are from, and a #36 Eyes of the Dragon. I wanted to incorporate into my home office/desk/gaming area and had wanted to put together a DT collection. Have other books in other rooms for reading, but keeping collection small for now.

Since originally posting collection, I've also been lucky enough to add some amazing art that helped take my enjoyment and Dark Tower focus to the next level. I have added works by Michael Whelan's and Rachel Readman's as well as their collaboration, The Crimson King sculpture. https://rachelreadman.com/ and http://www.michaelwhelan.com/

#51 of DT I, II, III, IV-S, V, VII, SoE & #51 AE SoE. #96 III, #226 IV, PC VI, #293 VI, Gunslinger 1st-1stp & 1st-2ndp (unsigned). Since i don't have very much display space, random reading books are on shelves in closets. I have unsigned 1st editions in a hallway area right next to office my wife just allowed me back in after remodel :-)
    Last edited by LokiJake; 03-16-2017 at 05:05 PM. Reason: updated office pics on later pages

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love your home office. Love your bookends. Love your books!
    Thanks for sharing!!

sk

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome. So that's where all those #51's went on ebay... Congrats!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Love your home office. Love your bookends. Love your books!
    Thanks for sharing!!

sk
    Concur on all accounts! Nice, Jake.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

New Collection thread! yay!!!

Nice set up Jake. I actually had to go and check my thread because I thought you had my matching number for W & G. You have #229, My number (for V, VI and VII) is #228!

Edit: and if you are looking for some extra special bookends, May I suggest "Constant Reader" and 'Silflay' from Rachel Readman. These are exquisite.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

He is on the go now! It's an addiction! You won't be able to stop
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for sharing LokiJake, nice set-up and nice editions!

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Love the Wizard Glass.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Very nice DT collection. I really like the bookends.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Always good to see a new collection thread. Congratulations!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for sharing LokiJake !!!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LokiJake View Post
    Thanks for the link Stroppy. These are really nice and i may have to incorporate a set of the Constant Reader
    Ditto on the link, Simon. Cool stuff.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations on the new acquisitions! I look forward to seeing your collection grow. Very nice set up. Kris is right--it is definitely an addiction. I think most of us on this board have impulse control issues

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice work, what a great tome of a book that is. You're going to be running out of room soon...

Gunslinger Apprentice ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice way to start a collection!! Won't be long before you will be complaining about more space!

Country
    Country Flag

That edition of EOTD is the best looking I think. Congrats!

Traveler Shawshank is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Love the bookends. Need to find me some!!!!!!!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice collection, LokiJake. The bookends are cool, too.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Goldmember LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake's Avatar

After discovering Rachel's work via Simon/Stroppygoblin, I couldn't wait to incorporate Rachel's sculptures intom my collection. I received my 2 Constant Reader sculptures and after remodel at my house was done in October, i am using as bookends on the end.

The almost empty area with DT is where the CK statue is going upon arrival.

Thanks you Rachel. You can see more of Rachel's amazing work at https://rachelreadman.com/

Last edited by LokiJake; 12-10-2016 at 01:43 PM.
    Wanted:
    Wizard & Glass S/L #51 (can trade #229 in plastic)
    Song of Susannah S/L #51 (can trade PC or #293) Found 3/12

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ction-LokiJake

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, VERY NICE !!!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Love the collection! You do have other books, right?

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice...

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very sharp. I like how you have them positioned on the desk. And cute doggie!

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Jake!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LokiJake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Love the collection! You do have other books, right?
    Of course. They are stashed in random closets and cabinets throughout the house. This is my only collection and favorite series, but I'm thinking of putting some shelves for display in a back bedroom. I've enjoyed putting this together and would like to start acquiring some other authors and a couple of King books. However, I've put this collection together over the last 3 months and have been advised by my wife my life will be easier if I quit buying books and Rachel Readman Sculptures (painted CK is final piece already ordered) until 2017
    My wife is the same way... BUT she has slowly come to the dark side and pretty much lets me collect what I want. She has seen there is money in the collecting side of thing and I play it off as an investment
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast