Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: John Hanic-jhanic Get well thread

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I echo the many sentiments that have been expressed above. You are a true gentlemen of the forum, a wealth of information and support, and a true class act. Beat this thing down and get well soon. You are missed!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad to hear from you, John. Glad you are on the road to recovery! Best wishes with it all, friend.

(Now I'm heading back upthread to read George's story outline...)
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    I'v been admitted to a long-term physical rehab facility for 2-4 weeks (maybe more). I got a severe blood infection and AM exremely week. I do plan on being bacK ASAP.

JOHN
    Sounds like the basis for a good short story, John.

Plot: Ink for a book printing by a certain author gets poisoned during the printing process when a psychotic worker is killed and his blood mixes with the ink. One of the book's readers, who happens to be a diehard collector of that author, has a small cut on his finger; ink gets inside, he gets blood poisoning. Somehow the story itself got mixed with the psycho's blood and gets in the reader's blood, giving him a blood poisoning that doctors can't identify or treat and which transforms the reader into a psychotic killer who thinks in terms of the book he was reading mixed with his own memories of being a collector.

The reader escapes the treatment facility and wreaks havoc on all those who have ever wronged him by buying one of that author's books out from under him, and makes sure they are all dispensed in manners similar to the characters in the book. Collectors on a certain website mysteriously start having accidents or disappearing, but the rest of the collector-geeks soon realize that they are being knocked off one-by-one per both their collecting specialty and the book's storyline. They set a trap where a certain book that never shows up for auction suddenly appears for one day only; knowing the killer must have it, they band their resources to snipe outbid him at the last moment. They publicize a celebratory collecting-geek party for their good fortune at having acquired the rare tome, knowing the killer will be so outraged at having been sniped that he will be unable to turn down the chance to show up and dispense of them all at the same time and in the same place.

The time comes; the book is left under a spotlight on a raised dais in the center of a room for all to admire. The killer watches from outside as the fools leave the room and gather around a large fireplace, sipping fine liquors in toast of their good fortune. The killer cannot help but also be the collector inside, and must first have the book. He enters silently, approaches the dais, and silently weeps to himself as he reaches for the cover. Suddenly there is a noise behind him; he turns to see a clown carrying balloons. He is startled, as the thing is hideous and just stares at him. He spins to grab the book, it is all about the book ... and hears another sound; this time a pale-skinned vampire approaches from the shadows. His mind reels in horror as to what is happening. More noises, more horrors coming at him; a man with an axe; a policeman; a girl covered in blood; a woman with a sledgehammer; a dark man. They slowly converge on him, surrounding him, staring silently; his mind reels. The book! He must save the book! He turns, reaches for it, and ...

So that's the plot; you have 2-4 weeks to flesh it out. Writing is a great recovery device; get well!

George
    Wow! That's pretty damn good actually. But anyone who knows John would know it would be the one off rare proof of said book that infects him
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Get well quickly John, so that you can get many more proofs !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Get well my Friend!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Gunslinger Apprentice you ever seen a ghost? is on a distinguished road

get well soon John!

a friend of ours had a similar issue and it was touch and go for awhile. how did it happen? with him the theory was a bug bite! scary stuff!

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

My first visit to the site for a while and I just read this. Glad to read that you are in recovery John. Like others I have 'known' you since way back in the days of tdt.net and I am almost certain that you were the first person I had a welcome reply from when I first joined the various forums. You've always been a goldmine of knowledge and have a big big heart! Take good care of yourself John and here's to a speedy recovery!

Best wishes from Mick and I. Xx
    Selling EVERYTHING! Come and get it!

(Except my Gunslinger First Edition. That ain't going nowhere. It's the only one I'm keeping, can't let that go)

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

JOHN
    I HOPE the physical rehab is going fine. I have noticed that some of the members here are looking forward to you joining them "BACK ON THE BOARDS".
    It may be me...But I just don't find that option all that appealing.
    Spoiler:
    But I do want you to hang in there...AND GET WELL.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Has anyone heard anything from/about John lately?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

He posted a day or two ago in the proof thread.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    He posted a day or two ago in the proof thread.
    Not that I can find: Last Activity 05-01-2016 11:15 AM

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I sent him a get well card a couple of days ago and asked if he would let me know how he was doing. If I hear from him I will post his reply.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I finally was able to use the computer in the rehab center I'm in. I'll probably be here for a month or so yet--I have some major problems still. I had my gall bladder removed but there's still something wrong. Using this computer is very difficult for me. I thank everyone for their well-wishes very much.

The thoughts are great but any donations should go to the Haven fund.

John

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Good to hear from you, John. Get well soon! We miss you.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thinking of you, John. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
    Wishing you the very best and hopefully, a speedy recovery.

sk

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

"One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Good to hear from you John. You're in my prayers.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Great to hear from you, John. Thoughts are with you my friend.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

My thoughts and prayers are with you too, John. Get well and get back to us soon.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Glad you were able to check in, John. Feel better soon!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

John it's wonderful to hear from you and I know you'll have a speedy recovery! You are in my thoughts and prayers and wishing you the best!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

John, we miss you and wish you a speedy recovery!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

John I'm sorry I didn't see this thread sooner, as I know you are the kind of guy who would be all over this as soon as it was posted if it was for someone else. You are certainly one of the most gracious and polite people I've met on this forum (and The Collectors one too) so I wish you all the best.

Recover soon my friend.

James.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

John.. really hope you get better mate! Good thoughts your way!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast