Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Stephen King signing events master list/spreadsheet

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I have updated the spreadsheet...adding the oldest known King signing.....using information from this listing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Signed-Copy...frcectupt=true

Unfortunately, I have no idea what city or state......but I imagine some crafty member out there will be able to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    There is a Regency Court in Omaha, NE. Couldn’t tell how long it’s been there though.
    I ended up buying the book, and the owner confirmed it was indeed in Omaha, NE.

Spreadsheet updated.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, nice price on that one, Rick!

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks.

Sure....it's a "Sharpie" signature....but it's an old King signature.....and it's dated the month after publication.

And I love the flyer.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks.

Sure....it's a "Sharpie" signature....but it's an old King signature.....and it's dated the month after publication.

And I love the flyer.
    I have a few older King signatures with sharpie. Nothing wrong with that at all Rick. Good job, great purchase.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I noticed there's another signed book on ebay with that same flyer:

Signed Copy Of “The Shining” By Stephen King

US $135.00 starting bid, no bids yet. Might interest someone here?

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi folks, I just came across this: a mention of a book signing for King's publicity tour of Firestarter in August 1980.

[IMG][/IMG]

The article is from The Baltimore Sun, published on August 26, 1980. Furtheron, the reporter mentions that the interview took place on the second of the two days in New York.

Hard to say when the exact date was of the book signing session at Brentano's, perhaps August 24?

Hope this is of interest.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I have an inscribed Fire Starter from NYC dated 08/18/80. Definitely from NY as he mentions it in the inscription.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    I have an inscribed Fire Starter from NYC dated 08/18/80. Definitely from NY as he mentions it in the inscription.
    that's cool, that adds up nicely! So it may have been inscribed at Brentano's, while he was on tour for the book.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by vincent View Post
    that's cool, that adds up nicely! So it may have been inscribed at Brentano's, while he was on tour for the book.
    Here it is:

Country
    Country Flag

ha, that's very nice, thanks for that!
    So it looks like it was done in the limosine, driving, not at the signing.
    Vicki may have been working for Viking. (a good name to work at Viking)

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

ha, that's very nice, thanks for that!
    So it looks like it was done in the limosine, driving, not at the signing.
    Vicki may have been working for Viking. (a good name to work at Viking)
    Yeah she was obviously showing King the sights so a good chance she was an employee.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Can't access excel sheet anymore
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Odd. I had no issues opening it.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Odd. I had no issues opening it.
    Odd, now it is working for me
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I did find this. Not sure if it qualifies. I did see a Tommyknockers dated that day that a seller said he got signed at that event. Wish I would have bid more. That is what lead me to research and find thus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm pretty sure the seller's date is legit.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Just wondering if this should be on the spreadsheet
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

it should be IMHO.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

What about the Best American Short Stories event in 2007? Should that also be included?

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Those books were presigned....it is added to the list it should be noted.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Those books were presigned....it is added to the list it should be noted.
    Do you know how many were presigned? I’m not finding that anywhere.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi folks, I just came across this: a mention of a book signing for King's publicity tour of Firestarter in August 1980.

[IMG][/IMG]

The article is from The Baltimore Sun, published on August 26, 1980. Furtheron, the reporter mentions that the interview took place on the second of the two days in New York.

Hard to say when the exact date was of the book signing session at Brentano's, perhaps August 24?

Hope this is of interest.
    Here it is:

This week, I acquired a set of photos of a King signing for Firestarter that I was told are from 1980 at the Strawberry Patch.

The pics have good ole bearded Steve at a table with shelves full of FIRESTARTER behind him.
    The table has a sign on it which states, "STEPHEN KING IN PERSON MON MARCH 29th".

Is anyone familiar with that store? The little research I did suggested in might have been in Franklin Massechusetts.
    We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

Country
    Country Flag

very cool find! Not familiar with the bookstore, sorry, and neither does google seem to be.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

There were 3 Brentano's stores in NYC:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brentano%27s

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    There were 3 Brentano's stores in NYC:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brentano%27s
    Yes, that's right, I read that one too. Impossible to find out now which one it was.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast