+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Stephen King signing events master list/spreadsheet

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I have updated the spreadsheet...adding the oldest known King signing.....using information from this listing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Signed-Copy...frcectupt=true

Unfortunately, I have no idea what city or state......but I imagine some crafty member out there will be able to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    There is a Regency Court in Omaha, NE. Couldn’t tell how long it’s been there though.
    I ended up buying the book, and the owner confirmed it was indeed in Omaha, NE.

Spreadsheet updated.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE
    Wizard & Glass Grant 1st Edition $100
    Artist Edition of Dark Tower 7 $70
    S/L Secretary of Dreams V2 $300
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $225
    Lisey's Story ARC $25
    Misery Suntup Gift Edition $175
    The Shining Sub Press Gift Edition $150

WANTED
    The Plant Part 1 Signed Limited Edition
    Signed 1st Edition of It

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has much to be proud of bdwyer19 has much to be proud of bdwyer19 has much to be proud of bdwyer19 has much to be proud of bdwyer19 has much to be proud of bdwyer19 has much to be proud of bdwyer19 has much to be proud of bdwyer19 has much to be proud of bdwyer19's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, nice price on that one, Rick!

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks.

Sure....it's a "Sharpie" signature....but it's an old King signature.....and it's dated the month after publication.

And I love the flyer.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE
    Wizard & Glass Grant 1st Edition $100
    Artist Edition of Dark Tower 7 $70
    S/L Secretary of Dreams V2 $300
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $225
    Lisey's Story ARC $25
    Misery Suntup Gift Edition $175
    The Shining Sub Press Gift Edition $150

WANTED
    The Plant Part 1 Signed Limited Edition
    Signed 1st Edition of It

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Thanks.

Sure....it's a "Sharpie" signature....but it's an old King signature.....and it's dated the month after publication.

And I love the flyer.
    I have a few older King signatures with sharpie. Nothing wrong with that at all Rick. Good job, great purchase.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Gunslinger Apprentice vincent is a jewel in the rough vincent is a jewel in the rough vincent is a jewel in the rough vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I noticed there's another signed book on ebay with that same flyer:

Signed Copy Of “The Shining” By Stephen King

US $135.00 starting bid, no bids yet. Might interest someone here?

Gunslinger Apprentice vincent is a jewel in the rough vincent is a jewel in the rough vincent is a jewel in the rough vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi folks, I just came across this: a mention of a book signing for King's publicity tour of Firestarter in August 1980.

[IMG][/IMG]

The article is from The Baltimore Sun, published on August 26, 1980. Furtheron, the reporter mentions that the interview took place on the second of the two days in New York.

Hard to say when the exact date was of the book signing session at Brentano's, perhaps August 24?

Hope this is of interest.

Can Toi The Library Policeman has a brilliant future The Library Policeman has a brilliant future The Library Policeman has a brilliant future The Library Policeman has a brilliant future The Library Policeman has a brilliant future The Library Policeman has a brilliant future The Library Policeman has a brilliant future The Library Policeman has a brilliant future The Library Policeman has a brilliant future The Library Policeman has a brilliant future The Library Policeman has a brilliant future The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Country
    Country Flag

I have an inscribed Fire Starter from NYC dated 08/18/80. Definitely from NY as he mentions it in the inscription.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    I have an inscribed Fire Starter from NYC dated 08/18/80. Definitely from NY as he mentions it in the inscription.
    that's cool, that adds up nicely! So it may have been inscribed at Brentano's, while he was on tour for the book.

Can Toi The Library Policeman has a brilliant future The Library Policeman has a brilliant future The Library Policeman has a brilliant future The Library Policeman has a brilliant future The Library Policeman has a brilliant future The Library Policeman has a brilliant future The Library Policeman has a brilliant future The Library Policeman has a brilliant future The Library Policeman has a brilliant future The Library Policeman has a brilliant future The Library Policeman has a brilliant future The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    that's cool, that adds up nicely! So it may have been inscribed at Brentano's, while he was on tour for the book.
    Here it is:

Country
    Country Flag

ha, that's very nice, thanks for that!
    So it looks like it was done in the limosine, driving, not at the signing.
    Vicki may have been working for Viking. (a good name to work at Viking)

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by vincent View Post
    ha, that's very nice, thanks for that!
    So it looks like it was done in the limosine, driving, not at the signing.
    Vicki may have been working for Viking. (a good name to work at Viking)
    Yeah she was obviously showing King the sights so a good chance she was an employee.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3