Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting my trip to NY, USA

Gunslinger Apprentice midnightrambler34 is on a distinguished road midnightrambler34's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Nobody EVER goes to Cleveland. (Not that I blame them much!)

John
    No, No..I've been to Cleveland. Rock & Roll Hall of Fame was the best.
    The ones we've lost are never really gone
    If we hold them in our hearts while we go on.

Dream as if you will live forever, Live as if you will die tomorrow.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Ari, if you are driving from NY to Bangor...I am hoping that you can make a pit stop at Grant! Would love to meet you in person! If only for a moment!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Karen, of course I'll stop by!

I'm pretty sure I'll be renting a car to go to Bangor.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    You should have had San Francisco on your travel plans.
    And Amarillo, Texas. My basement is better than Disneyworld....for King fans, that is.
    I would go there (if invited) before I went anywhere else in America.
    I would hope that if any of you that I have "met" ever find yourselves in or near Amarillo that you would give me a call and stop by. I give a mean tour of the basement and Amarillo in general.

George Beahm is supposed to be coming to Amarillo to photograph a lot of items for his revised SK Collectibles book (but the date keeps getting pushed back). Jerad Walters of Centipede Press is doing a book on "Artists Inspired by SK" or something like that and is coming this summer to scan some of the artwork that I have.
    Bob-
    I sent you a PM a couple days ago regarding your basement set-up. Did you get it?

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post

Bob-
    I sent you a PM a couple days ago regarding your basement set-up. Did you get it?
    David,
    No, I didn't. I just rechecked and there is nothing from you in my PM box.

Please send again or directly e-mail me at aplus5@suddenlink.net

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If my math is correct according to your little chart at the bottom of your signature you may be very for other reasons at about the time Ari passes through your little part of New England!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If my math is correct according to your little chart at the bottom of your signature you may be very for other reasons at about the time Ari passes through your little part of New England!

Very true, Bob, but I will still make time to see my foreign friend!!!

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Karen!

Ari, sounds like a fun trip! Too bad you guys aren't swinging by Wisconsin this time around.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

hey ari...
    i think you should go see bob's basement... then swing by austin and i'll take ya out on the town...
    note that bob's basement IS the highlight of Amarillo... but the Austin night life is the best. could even treat you to a trip around the lakes in my ski boat.

of course... after seeing bob's collection... my collection would pale in comparison.

Bob.... count on me to one day to pass through your little town and say ola'.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Scoogs...there's a chance I might visit Wisconsin!! (Brookfield and Milwaukee)
    I'll keep you updated.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll keep you updated.
    Ah yes the Wisconsin Connection! I seem to recall sending you something but mailing it to Wisconsin instead of Brazil!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually I live in Argentina
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually I live in Argentina
    I new that! Just wanted to see if you were paying attention!

Spoiler:

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Have you ever watched The Science of Sleep with Gael Garcia Bernal?

The Pampas is in Argentina, you idiot!

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll keep you updated.
    Cool! I'm on the state line, so I'm only about 30 miles +/- from Milwaukee.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I dont remember : will you go far away from Maine?

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll visit Bangor, Maine!

Well...I'm currently talking with my two friends that maybe will join me in my trip. One thing is sure: No Orlando this time. Too much money that I preffer to spend meeting some of you if I can

The truth is that I can't plan too much until I know if my friends are coming or not. Why? Because, for example, if they come we'd rent a car, and that will allow us to visit several places I'm really interested (such as Philladelphia, for example). If I go alone I won't be able to afford renting a car, so I'll travel by train and bus.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Now if you came to San Francisco, I would loan you a car.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll visit Bangor, Maine!

Well...I'm currently talking with my two friends that maybe will join me in my trip. One thing is sure: No Orlando this time. Too much money that I preffer to spend meeting some of you if I can

The truth is that I can't plan too much until I know if my friends are coming or not. Why? Because, for example, if they come we'd rent a car, and that will allow us to visit several places I'm really interested (such as Philladelphia, for example). If I go alone I won't be able to afford renting a car, so I'll travel by train and bus.
    Guess you have no time (or your friends arent interested) to go by the Foggler library?

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I would love to. I'm positive I'll be able to
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Terry and Jerome, I'd love to stop by and meet both of you (and all the people in this forum, of course!!!) but I've been checking flights and it'd be really expensive for me make such a trip. I really can't afford it. If I manage to save enough before July I promise I'll visit both!

Today my friends confirmed both will come with me (unless they don't get their visas). We'll flight from Buenos Aires to NY on July 24th and we'll return from NY to Bs AS on August 13th. We'll probably rent a car (one with small motor, so it won't spend too much) for 8, 9 or 10 days. The idea is to use it to visit Washington, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Maryland and Maine (not all confirmed, we might visit more states if we can).
    I wonder if someone could tell me how much does a lt of gasoline cost. We won't use the car to visit NY. We'll be using the subway and buses.
    I've been checking with some friends that already visited NY and all told me that we better sleep in New Jersey, since it's a lot cheaper than NY. Does anyone know how much would it cost a room for 3 in New Jersey (and if anyone knows a good and (if possible) cheap please, I really appreciate it).
    Well...in the next couple of days I'll be making the firsts plans for each city and days.
    As usual, any advice, comment and suggestion is VERY WELCOMED!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Another thing: one of my friends is a ice-hockey fan, and he really would love to attend to a game. How much does the tickets cost? Please be aware that the match should take place in one of the places I mentioned in my previous post. (the cheaper ones!! don't forget that our currency is 3.17 pesos = 1 dollar (7 years ago we used to have 1 peso = 1 dollar....good times to travel, bad times for our economy )
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know how much tickets to an NHL game would cost. It might be in the same range as tickets to an NBA game, e.g. 70-100 for reasonably good seats, although it might be lower. All I can tell you is that if you go to see a New Jersey Devils game at The Prudential Center make sure that you're aware of our surroundings, because Newark is a hell-hole, notwithstanding the glitzy tourist bs Corey Booker and its shills try to snow you with.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

On the rare chance that you visit Jerome, you can count on the fact that I'll be there too.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast