Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: You know you need an intervention when....

Gunslinger Apprentice terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default You know you need an intervention when....

I know I've ordered quite a few books lately, but I'm sitting at home with a cold one watching the Preds game and I get an email from UPS saying my package shipped today from Nashville will be delivered tomorrow. I have a few books in transit from various places (all via USPS) and have a couple preorders for next month's releases and a grab bag from CD, but I can't for the life of me think what I've ordered from Nashville.

Hi, I'm Andy and I'm a bookaholic....

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Gunslinger Apprentice terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

:-O Aaaaaaand I'm shamed

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

And that's just letter "A"

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Is that a Space 1999 lunch box? I loved that show as a kid!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post

Fuuuck

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Bruce - go and straighten out those bookcases, you will ruin the spines on those books young man!!

I've told you before, if you don't look after your things, you wont get any more lunchboxes for Christmas.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

My OCD side hates that picture but my book lover side loves it... I feel like I am going to slowly self destruct if I stare any longer. Bruce did you build all those shelves as you bought them or were you just one day inspired to have the largest PB collection and covered the entire wall with shelves that would some day be full?

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Never get tired of seeing that picture. Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Is that a Space 1999 lunch box? I loved that show as a kid!
    YES...So here are couple of books for you to enjoy 1st edition Breakaway U.K.1975 (1st novel in the series) & ITALIAN SPAZIO 1999 Three stories Breakaway, Black Sun & Another time, another place. Illustrated throughout with color photos.

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    My OCD side hates that picture but my book lover side loves it... I feel like I am going to slowly self destruct if I stare any longer. Bruce did you build all those shelves as you bought them or were you just one day inspired to have the largest PB collection and covered the entire wall with shelves that would some day be full?
    What you almost see all of.. Is my Movie Tie-in Collection (Sci-Fi, Horror & Fantasy) from E.T.II through Zoltan Hound of Dracula.(You will also find another copy under Dracula's Dog on the other wall that starts from 9 to 5 through E.T.) This collection was moved into this house over 20 years ago....And at that time I STOPPED buying Movie & T.V. Tie-ins (That's another couple of smaller bookcases & not counting the hardcover, oversized paper books & Japanese Movie Programs bookcases.

Spoiler:
    GEE What could have smeared Dolly's autograph? I WISH.

Spoiler:
    Would I LIE to you?

Spoiler:
    You don't even want to get me started on MAGAZINES.

I also STOPPED buying those 20 years ago.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

You know you need an intervention when you are perturbed to look and realize you only have 3 copies of the Barnes and Noble Revival.