Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Rebound

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I know it's ultimately up to Paul but I think gold foil would look awesome on these cases!

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Also would upgrade

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

May I have a white slipcase stamped in green on both sides, also on the spine.
    I'd like the green slipcase stamped in 10 carat gold on both sides and the spine.

Also a peel away surprise on the slipcases.
    Random receipt.
    I won't know what's inside until I receive the book, slipcase and either peel it open, or leave it.

P.S.
    Can the shipping box have my books designation on it?
    Similar to how The Stand S/L was done?

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Is that all... What about a traycase where you open it and a dragon flies out?

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    na... that's just lame

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Is it a trained dragon?

Gunslinger Apprentice ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Put me in for the white slipcase please.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Now you're just being silly...

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Could I get the dragon from Game of Thrones on mine please??

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    I'm still in for a white linen slipcase. How about embroidered dragon from original book cover? (say in green) EXTRA COST O.K.
    This is what I wanted back in post #125. To carry out the original theme.

This Dragon is based on Mr. Palladini's cover art.

My display stand is already waiting.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

This is what I want.
    Seems simple, and inexpensive.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Make it like TGWLTG S/L and raise the price to $3K. That will (per Mr. Rabbit Trick) eliminate the slackers.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    This is what I want.
    Seems simple, and inexpensive.

Looks to me that YOU are now in charge of creating 26 origami dragons (What did he say should only take you about 10min each?)

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm still in for a white linen slipcase. How about embroidered dragon from original book cover? (say in green) EXTRA COST O.K.
    This is what I wanted back in post #125. To carry out the original theme.

This Dragon is based on Mr. Palladini's cover art.

My display stand is already waiting.
    This is awesome Bruce...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've had a good laugh with all this...

Only option is if you want a white case. There won't be any stamping on the slipcase that comes with the book, but may offer one after the fact. Doing anything along those lines now would delay things which I don't wanna do.

Cool Macdonald display there Bruce. Always liked that one.

Kevin, noted on your white slipcase request.

...and that origami dragon is very cool.

Over and out....

Gunslinger Apprentice ruderabbit will become famous soon enough ruderabbit's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I would be interested in the stamped upgrade brother
    Okay will let everyone know when I have more information on that.
    Oh yes...upgrade me!

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ruderabbit View Post
    Oh yes...upgrade me!
    Just to clarify, there won't be any "upgrade" option before the book ships. Those who ordered will receive a cloth slipcase without any stamping. That was the plan from the outset. I may do a stamped case after the fact for those who want to purchase one. Once I have something definite, you all will be the first to know.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ruderabbit View Post
    Oh yes...upgrade me!
    Just to clarify, there won't be any "upgrade" option before the book ships. Those who ordered will receive a cloth slipcase without any stamping. That was the plan from the outset. I may do a stamped case after the fact for those who want to purchase one. Once I have something definite, you all will be the first to know.
    ahhhh. sorry Paul I was unaware. I would probably pass in this instance as I will already have a nice case. Thanks though my good man
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    So I was one of the minority who bought the Cayman skin version.

I really wish I was still in the collecting game, b/c I really like this version and would have bought it!

So envious.

Country
    Country Flag

I went with white too!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

One of my favorites books and love the looks of these. Awesome job.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Production update: So we are in the home stretch here. I took some extra time by having the bookbinder create two separate samples so we could fine tune the various elements of the book, before making them all. I've seen the 2nd sample with the tweaks we made and we're good to go. For those who ordered a copy, thank you for your patience!

I haven't posted any pictures because I'd like it to be a surprise but here's one of the things we tweaked to give you an idea.

The cowhide leather that is dyed and engraved with a reptilian pattern is quite thick and when bound on the boards, it doesn't give that "sculpted" look at the headcap. So the binder pared the edges of the leather and got really good results, which you can see in the photos. The first photo shows the thicker leather at the edges around the headcap. The second photo is the result of the paring and demonstrates how a headcap ought to look in the case of a fine binding. The back cuts in the board are clearly visible and the headcap has a sculpted, much more refined look.

Something else I though I'd share is that the spine is rounded, and with the addition of a hollow back and shoulders fitting behind the book boards, shelf wear and the sagging of the text block over time will be prevented. I believe the technical term for that is it's built like a brick shithouse.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Super, Paul! You're clients are in for one helluva treat!

P.S. Love the use of technical terms LOL.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh man. This is gonna be kick ass!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmm, I'm really regretting my decision to buy this now....

Spoiler:
    ... Regretting I didn't buy TWO!!! Looking great Paul!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast