Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 54 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Rebound

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Yep. I have a full DR/Suntup set of letters and numbers.
    same here
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I would consider it a work of art, that includes the page block from a true US trade 1st edition 1st printing.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Would I be accurate in saying it just wouldn’t “feel right” if it’s not a 1/1? Nothing scientific, or even logical about it... just that a rebound second printing would feel like a run of the mill special edition pumped out by a publisher no one’s ever heard of. Does that even make sense? I’m just guessing, trying to understand why a 1/1 is so important for a rebound.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I still have my full set of 'M's
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I also have a full set somewhere.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    just laying around in some dark corner...I am sure
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Good to see you got in on this early Paul - I'd hate for you to have missed out...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adammoro View Post
    ...trying to understand why a 1/1 is so important for a rebound.
    So am I. First, second or third printing etc the page block is exactly the same for rebinding purposes which is what I find to be the real attraction of the Dragon Rebound books.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    So am I. First, second or third printing etc the page block is exactly the same for rebinding purposes which is what I find to be the real attraction of the Dragon Rebound books.
    Because collectors are a funny lot...

Using your argument, a first printing is exactly the same as a second or third (or higher) regardless of whether it is being rebound or not. most follow on printings are identical (cover, paper, etc) to the first printing (apart from a digit change on the CP)

Would you swap your 1/1 for a later printing?

The 1st printing is the most collectible therefore it is only right that a rebound copy should be made from a first printing.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Good to see you got in on this early Paul - I'd hate for you to have missed out...
    Yeah I was lucky. Got in right at the start.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Makes sense. It’s a work of art, but it’s also collectible. Part of the attraction that makes it collectible is that it’s a true first edition. Collectors ARE a funny lot.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Still got mine

I can’t believe this thread was started 2 years ago almost to the day. Time flies
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was very fortunate to recently acquire the Letter F EOTD from Mr. McMullen and am honored to now be a part of the DRB endeavor......

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

... Collectors ARE a funny lot.
    +1

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    I was very fortunate to recently acquire the Letter F EOTD from Mr. McMullen and am honored to now be a part of the DRB endeavor......
    Congratulations, Tim! As you can see, they are awesome editions--true works of craftsmanship! I'm still hanging in there with letter "O."

Using your argument, a first printing is exactly the same as a second or third (or higher) regardless of whether it is being rebound or not. most follow on printings are identical (cover, paper, etc) to the first printing (apart from a digit change on the CP)

The 1st printing is the most collectible therefore it is only right that a rebound copy should be made from a first printing.
    I recognize that I'm an anomaly when it comes to collecting. First editions have no meaning to me. As long as I have a nice copy of an SK commercial publication I'm good to go. Same with limited editions. Unless there is something truly different, unique, and special about each progressive version (gift, signed, lettered) I'm good to go with a gift edition unless it is a book I truly care about. The soon to be published Suntup Press Misery limited is a good example of providing value between its editions. Christine and Cujo are examples of a not so good value between versions: exchanging a letter for a number but offering nothing else amounts to hairsplitting. As does red number vs black number, roman numeral vs Arabic numbering, high number vs low number etc. To my mind it all becomes artificial. Especially if it is the exact same book, print run, cover and binding. This isn't meant to be disrespectful to those who care about these elements, just offering a different perspective on collecting. In the end when it comes to limited editions I just want a well designed, well crafted version of the SK novels I truly like that I can read and enjoy.

My Mood
    Chatty

Personally I didn’t take it as disrespect because you admitted you’re an anomaly. In a way, I envy your ability to satisfy the “collector bug” without strict requirements (i.e. needing a first edition and indifference toward red vs black numbers, etc.). Going on a limb, I’ll admit that my need (and I keep using the word “need” because of what I’m about to say) is driven considerably by obsession. There have been plenty of times that I’ve wished I could be happy with a second printing or a gift edition or even a BCE for that matter. Although while I believe obsession is a big part of the drive behind collecting in general, I also believe that it’s a necessary evil in order to keep the hobby alive for longer than a year or two. If I was happy with BCEs, for instance, I imagine I’d get bored a lot quicker because it wouldn’t take very long to hunt them down and it wouldn’t require any kind of budgeting. For me, the reward of collecting is just as much about earning the ability to hold that special book as it is about merely owning it.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely still have my "C"(s).

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

I am a Suntup/DRB fan, still have my letter.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I have all my letter B rebounds.

I am also a fan and privileged to be one.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I recognize that I'm an anomaly when it comes to collecting. First editions have no meaning to me. As long as I have a nice copy of an SK commercial publication I'm good to go. Same with limited editions. Unless there is something truly different, unique, and special about each progressive version (gift, signed, lettered) I'm good to go with a gift edition unless it is a book I truly care about. The soon to be published Suntup Press Misery limited is a good example of providing value between its editions. Christine and Cujo are examples of a not so good value between versions: exchanging a letter for a number but offering nothing else amounts to hairsplitting. As does red number vs black number, roman numeral vs Arabic numbering, high number vs low number etc. To my mind it all becomes artificial. Especially if it is the exact same book, print run, cover and binding. This isn't meant to be disrespectful to those who care about these elements, just offering a different perspective on collecting. In the end when it comes to limited editions I just want a well designed, well crafted version of the SK novels I truly like that I can read and enjoy.
    I agree with several of the things you said, specially the Red/Black numbers and when the editions are exactly the same (signed/lettered).
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not sure what the "lettered" limitation will be (26 or 52), but the preliminary design for the 100 Deluxe copies will have a cool limitation page.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Surprised that announcement wouldn’t come direct from Dragon Rebound.

Also, assuming that last sentence, specific to inspiration, is a joke. Nice one.

My Mood
    Chatty

Oh hey meromej!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Surprised that announcement wouldn’t come direct from Dragon Rebound.

Also, assuming that last sentence, specific to inspiration, is a joke. Nice one.
    I don't speak for Dragon Rebound. I make suggestions...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 54 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast