Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 54 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Rebound

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    This is happening. Just waiting for IT to ship before opening pre-orders. Official designs have been completed for the book and box, and they are looking very sharp.
    Paul, have you finalized the number of books your team is going to produce?
    Yes.
    I suppose I should have known how not to phrase that question
    lol Try.. "So Paul 26 or 52?"
    Yes.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is happening. Just waiting for IT to ship before opening pre-orders. Official designs have been completed for the book and box, and they are looking very sharp.
    Yes.
    Yes.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    This is entirely off topic, but every time I see this thread pop up it makes me thing it's a play on the Wheel of Time series not Eyes of the Dragon. Just thought I'd share...
    I know it's Dragon Rebound not Dragon Reborn, but I think of The Wheel of Time too.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

You guys never learn. It's going to be 39. Got to think outside the box with Paul. A-Z then AA-MM.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by adammoro View Post
    ...trying to understand why a 1/1 is so important for a rebound.
    So am I. First, second or third printing etc the page block is exactly the same for rebinding purposes which is what I find to be the real attraction of the Dragon Rebound books.
    Because collectors are a funny lot...

Using your argument, a first printing is exactly the same as a second or third (or higher) regardless of whether it is being rebound or not. most follow on printings are identical (cover, paper, etc) to the first printing (apart from a digit change on the CP)

Would you swap your 1/1 for a later printing?

The 1st printing is the most collectible therefore it is only right that a rebound copy should be made from a first printing.
    I recognize that I'm an anomaly when it comes to collecting. First editions have no meaning to me. As long as I have a nice copy of an SK commercial publication I'm good to go. Same with limited editions. Unless there is something truly different, unique, and special about each progressive version (gift, signed, lettered) I'm good to go with a gift edition unless it is a book I truly care about. The soon to be published Suntup Press Misery limited is a good example of providing value between its editions. Christine and Cujo are examples of a not so good value between versions: exchanging a letter for a number but offering nothing else amounts to hairsplitting. As does red number vs black number, roman numeral vs Arabic numbering, high number vs low number etc. To my mind it all becomes artificial. Especially if it is the exact same book, print run, cover and binding. This isn't meant to be disrespectful to those who care about these elements, just offering a different perspective on collecting. In the end when it comes to limited editions I just want a well designed, well crafted version of the SK novels I truly like that I can read and enjoy.
    +1 "anomaly" here! I'll go even further and say I generally dislike the idea (and, often the execution) of "lettered" editions. I really like Centipede's (evolved to) model- which is one I've been suggesting for years- of just making one "Craft" edition, setting the limitation to the market, charging a price that is in reach of most people, and making it the best you can. Brilliant. But, to each obsessive collector- his or her own!

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Yes.
    Yes.
    I approve of this answer.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So the IT Rebound Edition is nearly on it's way.

The announcement for presale/sale of The Dark Half Rebound Edition will follow soon after IT has shipped.

I'm happy to report that all of 1st/1sts to be used in the production of The Dark Half Rebound Edition have been purchased.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Sometimes I wish I was a rich millionaire miser with lots of money and a money tree in the backyard under which I keep my goose that lays the golden eggs and my never ending cornucopia horn from which silver ingots continually pour forth and I had found a pirate's treasure chest buried under the goose right after I'd just won one billion dollars in the Powerball lottery after having saved the richest man in the world's life by pulling him out of the way of a speeding car and been given a one million dollar reward out of gratitude when I was walking home after cashing the check Stephen King had given me for my 1st/1st 'SALEM'S Lot and....

On the bright side, I found a dime in the movie theater parking lot the other day. (I just wish it wasn't a Canadian dime.)
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

The announcement for presale/sale of The Dark Half Rebound Edition will follow soon after IT has shipped.

I'm happy to report that all of 1st/1sts to be used in the production of The Dark Half Rebound Edition have been purchased.
    That’s so cool. Hopefully we can see this before Xmas!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

All from a prank...all from a prank.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Country
    Country Flag

Just a little more with me than others. You had your good fun though. Thats all that matters
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And that prank will sell for thousands of dollars
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

But - I've already made two payments after re-mortgaging my house....
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

there has been a few more movements of owner over the last few months - Anyone care to update with a sold or bought?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

It's funny how the world works sometimes.

(Now if I can just get someone to bring my vision of another It to life...)
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    As someone who makes websites for a living, I assure you that is not the case.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Country
    Country Flag

I am looking for Letter X for my set of the Suntup Portfolio if anyone has a leed.. thanks!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Still waiting for that "Sword in the Darkness" that had been the prank for several years in a row
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I am looking for Letter X for my set of the Suntup Portfolio if anyone has a leed.. thanks!
    Didn't you have this originally? Don't you know who you sold it too?

Country
    Country Flag

Didn't you have this originally? Don't you know who you sold it too?
    No brother, I FOOLISHLY never bought it. I had some hard times then and couldn’t afford it

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah Ok - I'll update the list. I know Lori sold hers too, but I dont know the new owner.

Country
    Country Flag

Ah Ok - I'll update the list. I know Lori sold hers too, but I dont know the new owner.
    I would love to acquire it now for sure and would pay a premium to get it! So mad at myself for that

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 54 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast