• Europe - The Final Countdown

9 60.00%
  • Def Leppard - Love Bites

6 40.00%
  • Queen - A Kind of Magic

5 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Great Music - Round 1: 1985-1989 (Group 16 of 16)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Great Music - Round 1: 1985-1989 (Group 16 of 16)

During the first round of The Great Music Tournament, please vote for up to five tracks you would like to move onto the next round. The top five tracks will be moving on. Keep in mind that the percentage of the vote a given track receives will determine its standing going forward.

IMPORTANT! Please do not simply vote on name recognition (or lack thereof) alone. Please do listen to each nomination and then make your choice. Even if you think you know a track well, it's still worth giving it a listen for a refresher.

The poll will run for seven days. Discussion is greatly encouraged!

The nominees are (please let me know if any video doesn't play for you):

Yello - Oh Yeah (1985)

Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus (1989)

Danzig - Mother (1988)

Sonic Youth - Teenage Riot (1988)

Europe - The Final Countdown (1986)

Def Leppard - Love Bites (1987)

Queen - A Kind of Magic (1986)

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oooo, this is going to be a tough choice!
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very little love firvits a kind of magic... Loved the whole soundtrack and the film...
    Com on Queen!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And I'm utterly shocked Oh Yeah is last. What the actual heck?

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    And I'm utterly shocked Oh Yeah is last. What the actual heck?
    The only reason I even remember the song was because it was used in Twix commercials all the time. And Ferris Bueller's Day Off.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

Pretty much all of Yello's albums are genius. I have them all on CD. Mainly expensive imports but so worth it. "Oh Yeah" is very much their most popular tune but they've got countless gems.

Country
    Country Flag

"Teenage Riot", "Love Bites", and "A Kind of Magic" are tied for the last two spots and here's hoping "Oh Yeah" can stage a comeback.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just a heads-up -- I do plan on voting for Yello - Oh Yeah (1985), but I still haven't assessed the other songs in the group that I am currently unfamiliar with.

I know Oh Yeah from FBDO. Good movie; have to give the song some sugar here.

Country
    Country Flag

About 24 hours to go and this could use a few more votes.

Country
    Country Flag

"Teenage Riot" and "A Kind of Magic" are tied for fifth with "Oh Yeah" one vote behind!

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    Very little love firvits a kind of magic... Loved the whole soundtrack and the film...
    Com on Queen!
    Just voted to save Queen from an early exit.

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed and the following tracks are moving on to the next round:
    • Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus (1989) 73.33%
    • Europe - The Final Countdown (1986) 60.00%
    • Danzig - Mother (1988) 46.67%
    • Def Leppard - Love Bites (1987) 40.00%
    • Queen - A Kind of Magic (1986) 33.33%

And the following are eliminated:
    • Sonic Youth - Teenage Riot (1988) 26.67%
    • Yello - Oh Yeah (1985) 20.00%

+ Reply to Thread