Page 24 of 77 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Tower Tattoos

om nom AlishaRiley is on a distinguished road AlishaRiley's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I became highly excited when I found this thread on google. (:
    I've been searching 'round to get some ideas for a dark tower tat, and I found this little world of wonder.
    I was thinking, simply "Khef, Ka, Ka-tet".
    But I'm not sure, yet!
    Some of the tattoos on this thread are absolutely awesome.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Alish - Welcome to the site !!!

I think just those words would be great. Where are you thinking to get the tattoo?
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Alish - Welcome to the site !!!

I think just those words would be great. Where are you thinking to get the tattoo?
    Thanks!
    I was thinking the left side of my chest - like my heart. (God, that sounds so cheesy.)
    Although apparently it's one of the most painful places to get a tattoo...according to my tattooist, anyway.
    I took the wuss's way out and got my first two on each wrist, which didn't hurt a bit. But wrist and chest are two pretty different things, I guess.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Welcome to the site Lilly, I saw your name in this thread and hurried to see if you have a DT tatoo. I just wait then....the idea you mention is cool, I think a tatoo on the wrist is cool. I've toyed with the idea of getting a recycling triangle with DNR~DNI there.

This is a cool one ...

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

My Mood
    Gay

You know, I'm not a big believer in "cheesy" where tattoos are concerned. Nothing is cheesy. You get them where you want them, and where they'd mean the most to you.

Now... the pain factor is a whole other thing! I don't have a tattoo, so I don't know from first hand... but I know when I get one, I am personally going to ask for the least painful spot possible ( this might be on another person.... so I'm not sure ) !

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Traveler college_ewok is on a distinguished road college_ewok's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

the shoulder doesnt hurt at all. The back hurts like HELL!!!!! The back of the neck feels pretty nice, kinda like a very hard massage.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

The pain is the fun part. I'm not sure what it says about me, but that's the part I actually look forward to whenever I get a new one. It's certainly not that buzzing sound that does it for me. My most recent one (on the inside of my forearm) hurt quite a bit at first, but I loved every second of it.

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it's the buzzing sound that makes it daunting in the first place!
    My first tattoo reminded me of the dentist, due to that noise, and i hate the dentists.
    Although, as son as I sat down to get it done, my anxiety just disappeared.
    I love the feeling, it's very therapeutic, oddly enough. Although I am a bit nervous about getting it on my chest!
    Oh, and mine are more forearm than wrist, really, and it feels so nice there! My last one took coming on 2 hours, and i felt so relaxed! My tattooist is like the coolest guy ever, also, so that makes it even better.

Alinda - the recycling triangle is an awesome idea!

After my DT tat, I'm thinking a tree; I have a favourite tree, so I'll probably do a sketch of it, and get that on the back of my neck or something.
    That'll be a hell of a wait, though; I'm a mere peasant! Student life, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by AlishaRiley View Post
    Oh, and mine are more forearm than wrist, really, and it feels so nice there! My last one took coming on 2 hours, and i felt so relaxed! My tattooist is like the coolest guy ever, also, so that makes it even better.
    I also have one on the inside of each wrist. That really hurt but again, I loved it. You're right, it is therapeutic in it's way. It definitely helps to have an artist that is cool to talk to in order to help pass the time. My guy also works really fast which is definitely a plus. He's super confident in his skills and once he gets going he just motors right along. I thought the last one (the DT rose) would take twice as long as it did.

My Mood
    Gay

Um, kind sir, have you posted a picture of this here DT rose?!?

: going back to look through thread now :

It's definitely in this thread somewhere. I think I got it around the end of September, beginning of October if that helps pin point where upthread to look.

Here you go Pam:

My Mood
    Gay

Found it -

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...106#post249106

Yeah, man - way SA-WEET !!

( dont know how I missed it before )

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

The one on my ankle hurt me the most - shoulder not at all. Pain is part of the fun of it though, you get those nice endorphins to kick in and it's alllll goooood.

Of course, I have a ridiculously high pain tolerance, so YMMV.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Of course, I have a ridiculously high pain tolerance, so YMMV.
    Exactly. I've dealt with chronic migraine issues since I was a kid. Tattoo pain is nothing. It's kind of fun actually to have "pain" that doesn't really hurt.

And of all mine, the ankle hurt the worst as well. It was also the first so perhaps that had something to do with it as I had no previous basis for comparison.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

My ankle was my third. You would think it would be a piece of cake by then.

Also, I've heard as you get older, your skin gets thinner. Since I started getting tattoos around the age of 32, this may have had something to do with it as well. *shrugs*

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Interesting. Perhaps I should get the rest of what I want done done ASAP before my skin gets any thinner. Now if I could only make money appear out of nowhere as that's really all that's stopping me from getting more.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah, you're too late. I got that painful ankle one around your age.

Just remember...no pain, no brain!

Well I'm not planning any more on my legs anyway, but I have an idea for at least one 3/4 sleeve and am working on something for the other arm. After that, I'm done.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I'm done, too. Of course, I said that before this last one.

It WAS about 7 or 8 years between the last 2 tattoos, though.

Traveler college_ewok is on a distinguished road college_ewok's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love the pain also, thats why I keep going back. I have four and I am fixing to get one on my wrist and my ankle at the same time. I got my first one at 18 and I get one every year or 2. I dont know when I will stop, I like having them in places I can hide and I dont want any on my arms, so I am running out of ideas.

Gunslinger Apprentice ClicheGuevara is on a distinguished road ClicheGuevara's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've had my arm, legs, collar and chest done. . I'd say the collar hurt the most though like R of G, I enjoy the pain. .it's therapeutic, though having to look up at the florescent lights at my tattooists studio made me dizzy. .

My Mood
    Gay

Also, I've heard as you get older, your skin gets thinner. Since I started getting tattoos around the age of 32, this may have had something to do with it as well. *shrugs*
    Um, I thought that was a metaphor for life?!?

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Here you go Pam:

Wow, that's brilliant!
    You can tell you have a bloody good tattooist, it's perfect.

[quote=R_of_G;332885]
    quote]
    Exactly. I've dealt with chronic migraine issues since I was a kid. Tattoo pain is nothing. It's kind of fun actually to have "pain" that doesn't really hurt.
    Snap. My head is the perfect catalyst for any pain whatsoever.
    It's ridiculous.
    Therefore, my pain threshold must be pretty high!

Quote Originally Posted by college_ewok View Post
    I love the pain also, thats why I keep going back. I have four and I am fixing to get one on my wrist and my ankle at the same time. I got my first one at 18 and I get one every year or 2. I dont know when I will stop, I like having them in places I can hide and I dont want any on my arms, so I am running out of ideas.
    Yeah, I like the idea of having tattoos that nobody can instantly know are there, hence the reason I'm planning one on my chest.
    They're pretty damn addictive, though; I got my first two in the space of a few months, and now it's been 3 months since my second, and I'm already craving my next one!
    By the time I'm 20, I'll probably be covered head to toe.
    I can see it becoming some strange addiction.
    Not that I mind all that much, I'll just be too poor to feed it.
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.

Mr. Unlucky educatedlady will become famous soon enough educatedlady's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ClicheGuevara View Post
    I've had my arm, legs, collar and chest done. . I'd say the collar hurt the most though like R of G, I enjoy the pain. .it's therapeutic, though having to look up at the florescent lights at my tattooists studio made me dizzy. .
    Therapeutic is right. I love getting tattoos for that reason. I enjoy the pain and even find it soothing. I even fell asleep during the tattoo on my shoulder. The only one that slightly hurt was right on the tip of my shoulder and on my collar bone...it was more uncomfortable than other places but still enjoyable. Other than that everything has been fine. Man, I really want to get a tattoo soon. It has been too long and I feel a bit off because I have more tattoos on one side. I need to even it out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 77 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 ... LastLast