Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 77 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Tower Tattoos

Along the Path of the Beam dr shottie is on a distinguished road dr shottie's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yep everywhere, i used a semi perminet pen so had to scrub hard on my face to get it off

Traveler uncle_whoopass is on a distinguished road uncle_whoopass's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is mine, still a work in progress as this is just the base, but will do for now, not really keen on the pain at all am a complete chicken! This is the best photo I have at the minute, the words underneath are 'A stone, a rose, a door ...' I plan on getting a rose, much like some on this thread, above with a solar system in the centre.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, that's cool - is that on your back?

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by uncle_whoopass View Post
    This is mine, still a work in progress as this is just the base, but will do for now, not really keen on the pain at all am a complete chicken! This is the best photo I have at the minute, the words underneath are 'A stone, a rose, a door ...' I plan on getting a rose, much like some on this thread, above with a solar system in the centre.

That's sweet. How big is it?
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Traveler uncle_whoopass is on a distinguished road uncle_whoopass's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah It's on my back, the bottom right, the 19 is about 4 inches tall and the words very small underneath, I was tempted to get them a lot bigger but thought the smaller the words were, the more personal they felt, just need to add the rose above it which I'm planning on being very detailed and quite large, about 6 inches across, don't know whether I want a viny stem or not though, I'm in no rush to come to a definitive answer tough, there'll be water if god wills it.

om nom AlishaRiley is on a distinguished road AlishaRiley's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

The only problem with having small wording is that the ink can spread, and then it just looks like a little black smudge. You might have to be careful with that, sai. Although I'm sure your tattooist would have warned you if they were gunna be too small.

I look forward to seeing the finished product.
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.

John F. Kennedy juliebcreative is on a distinguished road juliebcreative's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i love the oy tattoO!!!!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Okay - rookie question... Alisha mentioned ink spreading. This concerns me a tad since I will likely get a small Ka symbol when I finally get the guts up to go. How much spreading or seeping should I expect? ( that's code for how small can it be before I have to worry about it eventually becoming fuzzy or less-sharp )
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Gunslinger Apprentice Kidd Ikarus is on a distinguished road Kidd Ikarus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As long as you go to a good artist, you shouldn't have to worry about this all too much. Just do some homework . . . Ask some friends who have tattoos who they have gone too . . . Who they recommend and who they don't . . . And always check out an artists photo book when you go to a parlor. Then you can see from their past work, which artist you would like to work on you from that particular parlor.
    Are sins ever forgiven?

For those who loved this world... and knew friendly company therein. This Reunion is for you.

http://www.zazzle.com/Kidd_Ikarus*

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

It also has a bit to do with your age. The younger you are, the more years you have for potential "spreading". The ones most likely to do this are generally small and have a ton of black - the finer the lines the less you have to worry. If I live long enough (God willing), my unfound tattoo may do this, but probably not enough to really notice. There's been a LOT of improvement over the years with inks, etc. and I don't think I'll have the problem my dad did (think green ink sailor tattoo's from the late 50's-early 60's) where by the time he was 60, anything that was fairly solid was so blurred you couldn't see any detail at all.

A tattoo artist once told me it's your body trying to attack a foreign object - but because of the inks, the fact that they don't tattoo so deep now (a big one) etc. it takes a long time for your body to actually start breaking down the ink, thus making it spread. Potentially, if you could live to be a few hundred years old your body could essentially destroy the tattoo.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Well... forget it then... if it's not going to last at least two hundred years, I'm not taking all that pain!

Just kidding. Thanks Kidd, thanks Daggers.

I guess I shouldn't worry too much about it. Drat. There goes another excuse... I'm back to the only thing stopping me is my fear and being a chicken.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

It's really not bad, Pam. Once you get one, you'll soon be planning your next one!

(Honestly, I think having my ears pierced hurt more!)

Gunslinger Apprentice Kidd Ikarus is on a distinguished road Kidd Ikarus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Exactly what Daggers said. I made such a big deal when I got my first one, that when it was done, I was ready for another right then and there. It's more 'uncomfortable' or an irritating feeling than pain. It also depends where on your body you get it done also. But even if it hurts at first, once the outline is finished and your skin starts to numb up, it's a breeze after.
    Are sins ever forgiven?

For those who loved this world... and knew friendly company therein. This Reunion is for you.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

said it before and i will say it again, the pain is the fun part.

Along the Path of the Beam dr shottie is on a distinguished road dr shottie's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i want one but just taking that 1st step

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jayson View Post
    I'm right there with you. I actually like the ones that hurt the most.

I actually got a tat on my achilles tendon, just because I thought it would hurt like a bitch.
    Are sins ever forgiven?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kidd Ikarus View Post

I actually got a tat on my achilles tendon, just because I thought it would hurt like a bitch.
    you crazy beast you!!!
    And did it?

I want another, its just deciding what to get

yes, when i got the rose done on the inside of my forearm my artist asked me "does that hurt?" and i said "yes, thank you."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post

you crazy beast you!!!
    And did it?

I want another, its just deciding what to get
    A little. The artist was being lazy (cuz it's def not an easy place to do) and he told me, do you really want it there? You are going to cry? I handed him a $100 bill and said, "Just shut up and do it". Half way through, he asked, "So how you doing? You crying yet?" I contorted my body in some kind of way that I was looking straight at him, and said, "Gimme a break man. This is a piece of cake." He drilled me so hard in my ankle bone, that you can still see the mark. I looked at him again, dead in the eyes, "You asshole." Hahaha

And jayson, that is awesome. I just laughed so hard.
    Are sins ever forgiven?

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Kidd, and what tattoo do you have there? And why is it good if it hurts? I am such a gutless coward (shame on me) I must ask it.

Roland would have understood.

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    And why is it good if it hurts?
    for me personally, it's because my whole life i have dealt with migraine issues. i have learned many ways to use my mind to make the pain manageable and one of them is to focus it elsewhere. getting a tattoo provides a perfect way to do this because while that is certainly painful, it's about a billionth as painful as even my mildest headaches so it's easy to focus on that. it gets to the point where it actually feels good. i'd not go so far as to say i'm a masochist, but i don't know how to finish this sentence...

Country
    Country Flag

It's just this little tribal design. My friend and I were really bored and that $100 bill was all the money I had, so he said, let's go get a tattoo! Figuring I didn't have that much, the tat was going to be a small one . . . I wanted to get it in a place that I would think would hurt pretty bad, just so that it would have some kind of meaning to it.

My reason for why the hurt is good, or if it hurts it's better is kinda dumb . . . But I look at tattoos as some kind of test of myself. Something like how much physical pain can I take. Half of the places I pick for tattoos are kind of awkward I guess. I got the Dave Matthews Band fire dancer on the back of my calf. Right on the muscle. Whew. The first 15 minutes of that hurt like hell.

My whole life up until I was about 16 or 17 (right about the time I started smoking weed haha) I was a pretty big jock. I played American Football up through my sophomore year of HS. But we didn't have enough Sophomores to fill up a Junior Varsity squad . . . so the whole year we were pretty much just hitting dummies for the Varsity Seniors (who were all twice our size). That year sucked. Everytime I get a tattoo, I compare it to just one High School Football practice . . . In the end, I'd rather get a tattoo on my face, than have to do one of those practices again. Once I put it into that kind of thought process, the pain goes away, I sit back, and in an hour or two I will have some sick piece of art on my body for the rest of my life. Awesome.

A little trick I picked up . . . When I went to get my first one and I was really nervous . . . If you massage the area you will get tattooed for like a half an hour before-hand, it takes away some of the tension and stress in that area and kind of relaxes you
    Are sins ever forgiven?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Also, after awhile your body releases endorphins and it's oh. so. good.

Traveler TowerJunkie is on a distinguished road

I'd love to get "19" tattooed somewhere but I really just can't figure out where to get it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 77 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast