Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 1921

Thread: Dark Tower Tattoos

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Yeah Sure Whatever View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Man View Post
    Not yet, I have been wanting one since forever but them being so permanent I haven't decided what I want for sure. Once my next kid is born though, I'm planning a triforce design over my heart with my kids' names in the triangles.

For myself, it seems the more I think about it the more I want something ASOIAF related. Maybe "valar morghulis, valar dohaeris" or something.
    What if you have more kids? I cant wait to find out what "valar morghulis, valar dohaeris" means, I'm really hoping its explained!
    There is not gonna be more kids. Already made the appointment for the vasectomy.

Valar Marghulis is explained in the books, but the other one not yet. I'm thinking I'd like to get it, regardless of what it means.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I expect the second one means "But first you must live"
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

San Francisco De California, Cusco, Peru, Peru
    My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

What book is it explained in?

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

What book is it explained in?
    A Storm of Swords explains the first part in a roundabout way. It also gives some clues as to what the second part might mean.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh ok I must not be to that part yet, I'm only in the 250's! (you could tell me what it means if you want and I wont be bad promise )

Oh ok I must not be to that part yet, I'm only in the 250's! (you could tell me what it means if you want and I wont be bad promise )
    Spoiler:
    Valar morghulis seems to translate to ‘All men must die,’ or ‘all men are mortal.’

It is never outright stated what the second one means, but it is said in reply to someone who says the first.

And someone else, not speaking High Valyrian later says:

“You’re mine,” she whispered. “Mine, as I’m yours. And if we die, we die. All men must die, <name edited>. But first we’ll live.”

Which leads me to believe that the second phrase is something along those lines.

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Chris, thats pretty awesome I cant wait to find out wth is going on!

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Or, as suggested by the Faceless men to Arya in AFFC, it may also mean "But first all men must serve (or obey)".

I hope it's but first all men must live. That would make a way cooler tattoo.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

yes it would.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Poke Chops $3 for $1

Gunslinger Apprentice Dagavidiab is on a distinguished road Dagavidiab's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    Not yet, I have been wanting one since forever but them being so permanent I haven't decided what I want for sure. Once my next kid is born though, I'm planning a triforce design over my heart with my kids' names in the triangles.

For myself, it seems the more I think about it the more I want something ASOIAF related. Maybe "valar morghulis, valar dohaeris" or something.
    I like better this Triforce NSFW. And your are right, it is kind of permanent...

There is not gonna be more kids. Already made the appointment for the vasectomy.

Valar Marghulis is explained in the books, but the other one not yet. I'm thinking I'd like to get it, regardless of what it means.
    What if the rest says something like: "in a horrible way"

Traveler tswicegood is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Gay

Default Tattoo

I've been perusing this forum, and this thread in particular for a few months now, and appreciate others posting their tattoos. I just had mine finished last night and thought I'd post it.

The yin-yang is a previous tattoo. The tattoo was done by Blood, Sweat & Ink in Statham GA.

Apologize for the glare, slight film of Bacitracin on it

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tswicegood View Post
    I've been perusing this forum, and this thread in particular for a few months now, and appreciate others posting their tattoos. I just had mine finished last night and thought I'd post it.

The yin-yang is a previous tattoo. The tattoo was done by Blood, Sweat & Ink in Statham GA.

This is one of the greatest things I have ever seen in my life. And I have had a rich life.

Roland would have understood.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

That's awesome! You should post it up in the general tattoo thread too.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good² that is fucking GREAT!!!!

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tswicegood View Post

This is one of the greatest things I have ever seen of my life. And I have had a rich life.
    You're so cute Letti!

That is a great tattoo

Traveler tswicegood is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Gay

Thank you for the compliments!

My Mood
    Breezy

Nice tatt!

Traveler katevondanzig is on a distinguished road katevondanzig's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default My dark tower tattoo....

Traveler f00t3 is on a distinguished road

This is my new piece. I was so excited I had to join a forum to post it. http://www.break.com/usercontent/201...llowed-1997706

or if you prefer inline

D'awww doesn't like that link.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice foot!
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Now that I've seen the work on this page I'm inspired to get more DT related ink.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice ink!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 ... LastLast