Page 40 of 77 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1921

Thread: Dark Tower Tattoos

om nom AlishaRiley is on a distinguished road AlishaRiley's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Chipping in my penny's worth; the pain is the best part.
    I've not had one in a particularly painful place, but I find the feeling very therapeutic and relaxing. It's like being pampered.
    Oh, I just want another one right now.
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.

John F. Kennedy Twilights Fire is on a distinguished road Twilights Fire's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well my Tattoo has nothing to do with the Dark Tower series.. But now that I've read the books, it does remind me of the "Found" / "Unfound" symbols.. And I like to show it off ;-)

Bit of a background story;
    I got this Tattoo during my year of Backpacking in New Zealand from October 2007 till October 2008. It's got a personal story to it as well, but I'll save you guys that :-)

It's a sweet reminder to the best time of my life :-)

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you for the answers, guys. I hope one day I will be as strong as you in my mind.

Twilights Fire, that's truly beautiful!

Roland would have understood.

Gunslinger Apprentice Disincarnate is on a distinguished road Disincarnate's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jayson View Post
    said it before and i will say it again, the pain is the fun part.
    I agree, I actually find it really relaxing. I usually end up putting on my iPod and taking a nap for hours.

Well.. unless they're tattooing my ribs, which I would tend to discribe more along the lines of excruciatingly painful.

Also, Twilights Fire - that looks really cool. Are you planning on having it shaded?

John F. Kennedy Twilights Fire is on a distinguished road Twilights Fire's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Letti :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Disincarnate View Post
    Also, Twilights Fire - that looks really cool. Are you planning on having it shaded?
    Well to be honest it looks really thin on that picture, but that was because the picture was taken 1 minute after it was done.. Now that the tattoo is settled it looks a bit thicker, So I'm not having it shaded....

And besides I'm not in NZ anymore so I'm not gonna let another artist touch it...

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice tat!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

John F. Kennedy Crow is on a distinguished road Crow's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I..have a thing with needles, but if I ever get over it I'm definitely getting a Dark Tower tattoo.

Traveler WankelsRevenge is on a distinguished road

My newest Dark Tower tattoo. Just two days old. This makes two down, a bunch to go.
    Ryan
    Attached Images

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Wow. That looks great. Is it on your chest? Right below your chin?
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Sweet! That symbol is a personal favorite of mine (if you look upthread you'll see why).

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

John F. Kennedy Nedmonds is on a distinguished road

Urgh my tattoo progress is going slow as hell. had to cancel my next appointment as im stuck offshore on some dirty drilling rig . My appointment after that is on the 27th tho. So ill have the next part of my arm done. I have a few ideas Either roland With the bird he defeated cort with and a nice number 19 underneath. Or the female gunslinger from the marvel GN. I have forgotten her name but she would make a nice representation of my GF. Urgh i donno i supose ill know what feels right at the time and what is going to mean more to me. But ill keep you updated and photos will follow on the 27th

Back to work

John F. Kennedy ScottRiley is on a distinguished road ScottRiley's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey, if you dig the pain of a tattoo, get one on your chest, you'll LOVE it when the needle works it's way from your collarbone to just by your arm pit a couple of hundred times - I'm sure WankelsRevenge can testify to that one, as he looks to have an orangey-coloured one in the exact spot I got my Opeth chest piece.

Or it could just be me being a major wimp

I would love a Dark tower tattoo, but I'm saving it until I've finished the series, currently re-reading Wizard and Glass, and the front cover of the copy I'm reading (that Alisha owns) has an a pretty damn snazzy interpretation oft he tower on it, that I've been tossing about the idea of getting on the side of my ribcage once I start earning a bit more cash (and I can whip my fat arse into shape so the huge tower doesn't end up looking like a flabby bungalow) - or possibly something related to Ka.

Will have to finish the series though before I decide.

I've read through about 20 pages of this thread so far and there's some unbelievably great tattoos here, I haven't read too much though as to avoid spoilers, but damn some of the pics are awesome.

Lol i take it that was sarcasm with the LOVE of the needles attacking your armpit over and over again. Im still throwing ideas around my head. IV not come up with another part to add to my sleave. Im a lover of cards. I count cards. play poker. do card tricks. Cards keep my occupied. So im going to get 3 cards. where the heart, club etc goes ill have the unfound sign. with a design in the middle where the king queen or jack would normaly be. Middle card will be the "19" of spades, i like the idea and need to have a think about how it will look. Maybee like the Ace of spades with a big Spade in the middle with the "19" in the left corner and a fancy 19 underneath the spade. and the last card will be the found sign with a similar design too the unfound card. Also going to get a keyhole on my tricep, have it bordered with something written around the keyhole, not sure what yet and with a design bigger than the keyhole in the middle so the keyhole cuts the image off, like your looking through it and seeing this other world .

Well thats all for now. these ideas will be getting put forward when i get home

John F. Kennedy ScottRiley is on a distinguished road ScottRiley's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nedmonds View Post
    Lol i take it that was sarcasm with the LOVE of the needles attacking your armpit over and over again. Im still throwing ideas around my head. IV not come up with another part to add to my sleave. Im a lover of cards. I count cards. play poker. do card tricks. Cards keep my occupied. So im going to get 3 cards. where the heart, club etc goes ill have the unfound sign. with a design in the middle where the king queen or jack would normaly be. Middle card will be the "19" of spades, i like the idea and need to have a think about how it will look. Maybee like the Ace of spades with a big Spade in the middle with the "19" in the left corner and a fancy 19 underneath the spade. and the last card will be the found sign with a similar design too the unfound card. Also going to get a keyhole on my tricep, have it bordered with something written around the keyhole, not sure what yet and with a design bigger than the keyhole in the middle so the keyhole cuts the image off, like your looking through it and seeing this other world .

Well thats all for now. these ideas will be getting put forward when i get home
    Haha yeah, sarcasm, I found it really painful, worth it, but it hurt like mad.

I've had the back of my hand done, which was probably the second most 'painful' but that was nothing, I actually agree with the 'theraputic' and 'cool pain' comments you see tossed around, but the chest was way too painful for me to even come close to considering it an enjoyable experience, forearm feels awesome, wrist is nothing, bicep is cool chest....not so nice.

I feel like a total wimp though, you see little 18-year-old girls about 2 foot smaller than me with full chest pieces and here's me whining about a 2-hour, 1 pectoral etching

The cards sound AMAZING - I love the idea of the '19 of spades'!

I love poker too man, when I get my sleeve I want to get a small Ace of Spades somewhere, just so I can say I've 'got an Ace on my sleeve' - but the sleeve will have to wait until I'm actually earning a bit of money!

Well this is my next tattoo in my sleeve that i got today, its roland getting his guns and earning his man hood and becoming a gunslinger. I changed the bird in a bit so there isnt a cloth over the top of it and its just in his arms. Nest tattoo on the 15th of septemeber!.

This also starts at my wrist and works up my forarm.

What do ya think.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I like it alot.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Gay

Very cool. I love that David is included.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

wow! speechless, i love it

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nedmonds View Post
    Well this is my next tattoo in my sleeve that i got today, its roland getting his guns and earning his man hood and becoming a gunslinger. I changed the bird in a bit so there isnt a cloth over the top of it and its just in his arms. Nest tattoo on the 15th of septemeber!.

This also starts at my wrist and works up my forarm.

What do ya think.

I like it a lot. Really nice.

Roland would have understood.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice tat! Welcome to the site!

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Olekkerra View Post
    Hello everyone. Im new to the forums. Id like to share my new tattoo saying "Deo Volente Aqua" a shortened version of the quote "There will be water if God wills it" above and below my sigul of Eld in a crest.

Got it done yesterday in North Mississippi. The uncanny part is, halfway through the tattoo my artist shows me his arm sleeve under his shirt featuring the man in black running across the desert with a raven above him. While being very nice he continually cut me off in my explanation of my tat's meaning. He laughed when he showed me and told me it was because he already knew

Made it all worth it.

Very nice tat and story!...and welcome!!

I hail from nearby Columbus, MS (Caledonia).....moved away about 35 years ago tho...

My Mood
    Gay

Olekkerra - Welcome to the site! Very cool tattoo... How long did it take? Did you come up with the combination and crest idea?

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

What a cool story and sweet tat! Welcome to the site.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Along the Path of the Beam Aki is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I think I will get a tattoo some day, but I don't think I'll get one about The Dark Tower; I think a tattoo is so personal, it can never be about a certain film, book, band or person or whatever. It should be the result of deep inner search. But that's just me.

IF I ever got a tattoo from DT, I think it probably would be the rose/gun sigul bond on the covers. Or maybe the Eye. Something smaller. I'm truly amazed by the tattoos I've seen here though, they're really amazing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 77 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast