Page 15 of 77 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Tower Tattoos

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Yes, pics please! Hand your wife that camera!

I'm thinking of doing a Ka symbol, just can't decide where.
    Yeah, Jayson, get that photo taken!

and daggers, what about your big toe or the inside of your wrist?

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    Yes, pics please! Hand your wife that camera!

I'm thinking of doing a Ka symbol, just can't decide where.
    Yeah, Jayson, get that photo taken!

and daggers, what about your big toe or the inside of your wrist?
    i vote inside of the left wrist.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

What can someone do if she/he would like to have a tattoo but is afraid of it like hell? I am talking about one of my friends, of course.

Roland would have understood.

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    What can someone do if she/he would like to have a tattoo but is afraid of it like hell? I am talking about one of my friends, of course.
    yes, of course you are.

well, most reputable tattoo places will not tattoo anyone who is visibly intoxicated so that is out the window. i would think trying some relaxation techniques might work. but perhaps the ultimate question is "how bad do you want it?" (to quote don henley). if the person would just like to have one, then perhaps the risk/fear is not worth the reward. if the person feels like they must have the tattoo, then the risk/fear is worth the reward.

either way, it's all about "how bad do you want it?" and that question must be answered. i've said before, i want a turtle on my inner left wrist in the worst way. but i'm not willing to die for it (at least not yet ). so it's out of the question. so the answer to "how bad do you want it?" for me is "not bad enough".

can you tell i've been listening to don henley?

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    yes, of course you are.

well, most reputable tattoo places will not tattoo anyone who is visibly intoxicated so that is out the window. i would think trying some relaxation techniques might work. but perhaps the ultimate question is "how bad do you want it?" (to quote don henley). if the person would just like to have one, then perhaps the risk/fear is not worth the reward. if the person feels like they must have the tattoo, then the risk/fear is worth the reward.

either way, it's all about "how bad do you want it?" and that question must be answered. i've said before, i want a turtle on my inner left wrist in the worst way. but i'm not willing to die for it (at least not yet ). so it's out of the question. so the answer to "how bad do you want it?" for me is "not bad enough".

can you tell i've been listening to don henley?
    Thanks, turtle. I will tell it to that friend of mine.

Roland would have understood.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't do it anywhere I can't realistically cover it up, since I already have one visible one, and I work in an office setting. Overly tattooed accountants don't tend to illicit confidence, you know?

I have one on the back of my left shoulder, one on my right thigh, and one on my left ankle (the visible one). So now I'm thinking tramp stamp.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

I can't do it anywhere I can't realistically cover it up, since I already have one visible one, and I work in an office setting. Overly tattooed accountants don't tend to illicit confidence, you know?

I have one on the back of my left shoulder, one on my right thigh, and one on my left ankle (the visible one). So now I'm thinking tramp stamp.
    that's funny as hell daggers.

but really, what's wrong with a small one inside your left wrist? or your right wrist if you're left handed? your watch band would cover it up when you're at work so the people who would freak out about it wouldn't even notice it.

or you could go the overly dramatic route, say fuck them all, and get a giant one on your neck!

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah the wrist tattoo covered by a watch always SOUNDS like a good idea, but for two reasons I wouldn't do it--one: while its healing it needs to be open, you can't cover it up while it heals. Two: The more the watchband rubs it over time (even after it heals) the faster that tattoo will fade. That's also why tattoos on the top of the foot fade so much faster than other places.
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I just personally don't like/want one on my wrist. Besides, if I do a Ka tattoo, it's definitely going to be bigger than that.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

I just personally don't like/want one on my wrist. Besides, if I do a Ka tattoo, it's definitely going to be bigger than that.

i'm telling you. go totally rogue. fuck the establishment and get it on your neck! personally, i would totally trust an accountant with a Ka tattoo on her neck.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

You would be all alone there, I think.

Besides, I kind of like having "stealth" tattoos.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Left very upper thigh, next to your vagina.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Wouldn't that cover up the "Property of Matthew" tat?

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    No that's on her right thigh.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Honestly, tattoos are becoming more and more accepted in society in general and professional circles. I find this interesting sicne the Marine Corps is getting more strict as the rest of the world relaxes...but on the flip side I like my "stealth" tattoos, too (and I am filing that phrase away for personal use, if you don't mind, Dags).
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

Gunslinger Apprentice BeDaN is on a distinguished road BeDaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Tat

I would really love to get a tat of the 2 Guns and Tower in the banner, but I would like it a bit bigger and without the rose. Is there anywhere that I can find that? I tried to customize it myself but I just made it look like shit.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ves'Ka Gan View Post
    Honestly, tattoos are becoming more and more accepted in society in general and professional circles. I find this interesting sicne the Marine Corps is getting more strict as the rest of the world relaxes...but on the flip side I like my "stealth" tattoos, too (and I am filing that phrase away for personal use, if you don't mind, Dags).
    Be my guest!

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BeDaN View Post
    I would really love to get a tat of the 2 Guns and Tower in the banner, but I would like it a bit bigger and without the rose. Is there anywhere that I can find that? I tried to customize it myself but I just made it look like shit.
    I'm sure one of our illustrious leaders can tell you who did the banner, BeDaN. You might shoot a PM to Matt or one of the others - just a thought! Another one is to print the banner and take it to your tattoo artist. Many times they can do the customization for you.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Aaron did the banner for the site.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I knew someone would know. Thanks, Daggers!!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't thank me - thank Aaron.

Gunslinger Apprentice BeDaN is on a distinguished road BeDaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BeDaN View Post
    I'm sure one of our illustrious leaders can tell you who did the banner, BeDaN. You might shoot a PM to Matt or one of the others - just a thought! Another one is to print the banner and take it to your tattoo artist. Many times they can do the customization for you.
    Awesome I'll give that a try. Thank U!

Traveler annavoij85 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

hi, im new but i have a DT tattoo, its on my right hip, on the front part of my body and its a rose as similar in color as i could get to fi the description, with 19 petals and 5 leaves its my first and im very happy with it.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

The long wait is almost over. My appointment to get my Rose tat is this Saturday 9:30 pm. Whoo hoo!

When I brought the picture from Waste Lands in as a reference for my artist he was really excited about it. I told him it didn't have to look exactly like that, that he could do his own thing with it and just use that as a reference. His reaction, "this is gonna be a really cool piece to do." I definitely have a good feeling about it knowing that he's looking forward to doing it as much as I am to getting it done. My artist is super cool. I'm just glad (and fortunate) he works in my city.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 77 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast