Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Tower Tattoos

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I can't get any tattoo's yet, being on 15, but my Mum's ex-boyfriend said he'd do them (he does tattoo's). Do they hurt badly? I like the idea of the logo, with the two guns pointing at the tower. Dave (mum's ex) said that the outline hurts more than the colouring, is this true? Should i bother getting a tattoo if i don't like pain?
    well, i think the pain thing is completely personal. i have two. one is on my left shoulder blade and it didn't hurt at all. the other is on my right ankle and it hurt a little but not much. i've heard other people say that the ankle is the worst place for a tattoo, but i'm not sure why. maybe because of the bone being right there? i didn't notice a difference with either one between the outline and the coloring. it all felt the same; but mine are all one color and that might make a difference. maybe different colors feel different?

if you don't handle pain well, maybe it's not a good idea. but it would depend on the size, the number of colors, and whether it was done in stages or all at once i think. you might be surprised. when you reach 18, have dave try a tiny little spot somewhere it won't be seen and see if you can handle it. if you can't, you have your answer.

on a completely different subject:

i have a question for any tattoo artists that might be among us. someone told me once that in the us it's illegal to have a tattoo put on your hand (the top part, not the palm). is that true - something about the veins and stuff. but i want one on the inside of my wrist and i've seen people with those, so what's the difference?

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

I sincerely doubt it's illegal in general, but some states have weird tattoo laws. Up until a couple years ago tattooing was completely illegal in Oklahoma...so who knows?

As for the "should I even bother...if I don't like pain?" question...YES! YOU SHOULD!! Haha. Not all of them hurt that bad, for one. And two, I think the pain really instills a deep appreciation for the artwork. You don't go buy a tattoo, you earn one. As long as you're getting a tattoo that has meaning for you, it's worth it completely everytime.

And if you are one of those people who just loves ink in general, you probably think it's worth it even if it's not meanigul...as long as it looks good!
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

so, what? oklahoma had bootleg tattoo artists? seriously, how in the hell did they control that? i mean, yeah no licensing but still. . . .

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post
    so, what? oklahoma had bootleg tattoo artists? seriously, how in the hell did they control that? i mean, yeah no licensing but still. . . .
    People went to Texas if they wanted legit tatts, but a lot of people just did it out of their homes. If you got caught it was boku fines.

My tattoo artist was originally from Oklahoma and swore to never go back. He was of the opinion that any state willing to let girls marry at 13 (with parental consent) but wouldn't let an adult get a clean tattoo wasn't a state worth living in.

I can't remember when the ban changed, or what the new regs on it are...

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ves'Ka Gan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post
    People went to Texas if they wanted legit tatts, but a lot of people just did it out of their homes. If you got caught it was boku fines.

My tattoo artist was originally from Oklahoma and swore to never go back. He was of the opinion that any state willing to let girls marry at 13 (with parental consent) but wouldn't let an adult get a clean tattoo wasn't a state worth living in.
    I can't remember when the ban changed, or what the new regs on it are...
    Gotta agree with him there. I'm not inked up at all yet, but me and Nige might be going to get tats after he get back from Allemand.. lol.. I'm gonna get the sigul of the White (he lovingly called me a nerd for that lol) and he's gonna get a panther (how cliche)

Along the Path of the Beam UnderTheKillingMoon is on a distinguished road UnderTheKillingMoon's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I got a bunch of tattoos, and they all hurt like hell. Parts felt good, but overall (i have a half sleeve, my whole upper back, and a few scattered on my legs) they all hurt.

i'm gonna get my whole thigh done up of the dark tower, but its gonna be epic...so i have to wait till i get the best idea...

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

My tattooist reckons that women have a higher pain threshold than men where tatts are concerned.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    turtlesong - for obvious reasons, i too would like a turtle tattoo... but aside from abject fear, I have no reason not to get one. Someday. I'm looking and thinking of the perfect one. Some kind of DT/turtle combo, for sure.
    Maybe something like this? Of course, more detail and a better turtle but something like this would be nice. Also you can have something like Dark Tower" or your favorite DT quote wrapped around it in a circle.......

just sayin'
    Attached Images
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Traveler Susan D is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Default My Tattoos

I have a turtle on my back, and eventually I will get a rose with the words "Remember the face of your father."

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Hi Susan, and welcome to TDT.com

We would love to see a picture......
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Susan D View Post
    I have a turtle on my back, and eventually I will get a rose with the words "Remember the face of your father."
    We'd love to see a pic if you could post one?
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Country
    Country Flag

Here is my tatt. It needs a touchup, but it is my first, and I loved the experience.
    Attached Images

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBlaze View Post
    turtlesong - for obvious reasons, i too would like a turtle tattoo... but aside from abject fear, I have no reason not to get one. Someday. I'm looking and thinking of the perfect one. Some kind of DT/turtle combo, for sure.
    Maybe something like this? Of course, more detail and a better turtle but something like this would be nice. Also you can have something like Dark Tower" or your favorite DT quote wrapped around it in a circle.......

just sayin'

JB - Did you make that up yourself? Very cool. I've copied it and saved it. It is very similar to what I've had in mind.

Rockin' cool !

Many thanks!

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

My Mood
    Gay

Susan D - That is wonderful! Thanks for posting a pic. Did you come up with the design yourself? Or did your tattoo artist? Or was it in a book or something.
    I think it's great!

My Mood
    Breezy

turtlex, i found 2 different things I liked and combined them using Paint. Glad you like it. If you ever decided to get one for real I could design you one, I've designed a bunch of tattoo's for friends of mine.

My Mood
    Breezy

Here is my tatt. It needs a touchup, but it is my first, and I loved the experience.
    Nice!

now maybe you can post a pic of yourself on the fottergraf thread?

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazing ideas. Really. And I love your turtle. So unique.

Roland would have understood.

Country
    Country Flag

No, I didn't design it. It was in a portfolio at the studio I went to.

just sayin'
    bruno this rocks! it's very similar to somthing i've been thinking about. i'm not sure if i want a rose or what. it's so hard. plus, i'm still in the dreaming stage. . . .

i, too, put this into my images file if that's okay.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Reading this thread really makes me want to run out and get another one.....

In regards to pain, the one on my ankle hurt when he was doing the outline cause there were straight lines going right up the ligament.

I have a bracelet on my right wrist and it only hurt when he got near the bone, and it didn't even hurt that much.

The artist said he was impressed with the fact that I never even flinched when he did it.

I honestly think it just feels like a very strong vibration.
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Nerak--

I agree. The only times it was uncomfortable for me was when it was right over bone. Granted, the one on my belly hurt like hell...but I think that should be expected from the area between the belly button and the hoo-ha.

My Mood
    Gay

turtlex, i found 2 different things I liked and combined them using Paint. Glad you like it. If you ever decided to get one for real I could design you one, I've designed a bunch of tattoo's for friends of mine.
    I may actually take you up on this when I'm ready. I appreciate the offer. Very much.

Funny, I was also thinking of a bracelet sort of deal with a rose centered on the top, and on the reverse of my wrist, a turtle. The "band" would be like stems with thorns. That's an idea I've been tossing around.

Quote Originally Posted by Ves'Ka Gan View Post
    Nerak--

I agree. The only times it was uncomfortable for me was when it was right over bone. Granted, the one on my belly hurt like hell...but I think that should be expected from the area between the belly button and the hoo-ha.
    she said hoo-ha. :snort:

Along the Path of the Beam Bumbler is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Erin, I love the ink!

bangoskank1

Default Stephen King Ink

anybody got the ink? I speak of course of King inspired tattoos...I have sleeves and more but my left arm sleeve is all clowns...where..you guessed it..pennywise makes his appearance,,I m now planning a dark tower mural for my back....lookin good so far and should be needlin in the next few weeks..so praytell...what do you have.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast