Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Show Your Movie Collection

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Needfulthings, I knew you'd have a laserdisc player. It's a beauty.

ur2ndbiggestfan, Love the collection. It looks great. Did you collect those back in the day, or more recently? They're hard to find now.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I bought them when released. As soon as DVDs came out, the laser disc industry dried up quickly. I think I have 3 laser disc players. Two are in the closet and one is hooked up. I WILL watch them again one of these days!

I think the Roger Rabbit three cartoon collection laser disc is a rare item. The store actually had mine under the counter after I ordered it, but I forgot to ask the clerk if anything came in for me that week. After I left it was recalled by Disney because the animators had put risque and other unlicensed images in the cartoons. And the store sent it back without informing me! I never did get that disc. That goes under the category of things I could easily have had and passed up (lettered FIRESTARTER, SIX STORIES, etc. Hindsight is so wonderful).
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I bought them when released. As soon as DVDs came out, the laser disc industry dried up quickly. I think I have 3 laser disc players. Two are in the closet and one is hooked up. I WILL watch them again one of these days!

I think the Roger Rabbit three cartoon collection laser disc is a rare item. The store actually had mine under the counter after I ordered it, but I forgot to ask the clerk if anything came in for me that week. After I left it was recalled by Disney because the animators had put risque and other unlicensed images in the cartoons. And the store sent it back without informing me! I never did get that disc. That goes under the category of things I could easily have had and passed up (lettered FIRESTARTER, SIX STORIES, etc. Hindsight is so wonderful).
    That's awesome! I'm sure I will come across a Laser Disc player in the wild one of these days. It will make it that much sweeter.

Honestly, Who Framed Roger Rabbit must be rare on DVD as well. I got back into collecting DVDs about 2 years ago and I've yet to come across it.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

It is also out on Blu-ray- DVD Double Set.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I was referring to the laser disc which collected the three Roger Rabbit cartoons, TUMMY TROUBLE, etc., not the movie WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT. That's the one laser disc I'd still like to buy, but last time I looked the price was too high for my wallet. Maybe I'll check again now that I've thought about it.
    And now that it's been brought up, I think I'll watch WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT again!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

You will find that the only x-rated material will be found on the Who Framed Roger Rabbit Laser Disc (not on the cartoon disc). If you check on the back of the DVD I posted you will see the three cartoons are on there.

also due to the adult material in the Gary Wolf novel other then this SOON TO BE A MAJOR MOTION PICTURE sticker on this 2nd printing you will not find another U.S.A. movie tie-in although you will find a U.K. book based on the film.( No U.S.A. edition)

I am a bit confused, which is normal for me. I do have the Roger Rabbit movie on laser disc, but never checked it for the X rated and other frames. But then why was the cartoon disc recalled by Disney before I could buy it? Did it also contain controversial material?

EDIT:
    I just checked around. It seems the recalled THE BEST OF ROGER RABBIT disc is still available from some dealers, never opened. The prices are down considerably, sold ones going from $27 and up. So even though it's considered rare, it's not terribly hard to find. The dealers say if you freeze frame the sawmill episode there is a suggestive poster on the wall advertising Rigid Tools, etc. I will keep my eyes open for this disc from now on.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Shannon, a while back I saw this on your shelf and thought it looked cool. Much to my surprise, I found it at a flea market for 5 bucks. Unfortunately, it had everything (book, certificate of authenticity, and film cell) EXCEPT for the actual DVD. I couldn't find the actual DVD for sale separately, but I found a special edition E.T. Steelbook book up for bid on ebay and I won it for 10 bucks. I think it looks great with the rest of the gift set.

You will find your box was missing 3 DVDs disc 1 1982 version of the film with guns & no CGI... Disc 2 2002 version now with radios & CGI & also a live John Williams music version. Disc 3 Special features & Disc4 is a CD.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Did Spielberg actually replace guns with walkie talkies? I always assumed that was just a South Park joke.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

YES!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    You will find your box was missing 3 DVDs disc 1 1982 version of the film with guns & no CGI... Disc 2 2002 version now with radios & CGI & also a live John Williams music version. Disc 3 Special features & Disc4 is a CD.
    Yeah, I did some research on what was missing. I would have preferred to have the original DVDs and CD, but I just couldn't find it without having to spend 50 bucks for the complete gift set.

Go to DVDPRICESEARCH search under E.T....go down to ULTIMATE COLLECTOR'S SET...OPEN IT... scroll down to USED PRICES $5.91...OPEN IT...2nd one down DVDs & CD ONLY.
    $5.88 plus $3.99 shipping.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Go to DVDPRICESEARCH search under E.T....go down to ULTIMATE COLLECTOR'S SET...OPEN IT... scroll down to USED PRICES $5.91...OPEN IT...2nd one down DVDs & CD ONLY.
    $5.88 plus $3.99 shipping.
    I've never heard of that site before. Seems like a good way to find places to buy used stuff. I must say though, I've had bad experiences with buying used things from the Amazon marketplace. Although that seller is actually a Goodwill. Thanks.

THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP....I just picked up 6 of these book & Blu-Ray cases for $24.96 each.
    I don't know how they do it?

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't know how they do what? And what did you buy for $25 each? Hopefully not the Digibook editions, that seems super expensive.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

He's referring to the shelves. I have some smaller ones for my video games that I got for like 14 bucks at Wal-Mart. They look nice and you can't beat the price.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Oooh rereading it,makes sense now. The shelves aren't super crazy strong, but I've never had a problem with books or movies.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My Holy Grail.

Why Holy Grails? Were they hard to find or your favorite movies or maybe both? You made me check my shelves. I seem to have all those and also an earlier laser disc version of Temple of Doom. They are hard to dig out and check though because of those barricades I made to hold the Simpson's DVDs in place.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Why Holy Grails? Were they hard to find or your favorite movies or maybe both? You made me check my shelves. I seem to have all those and also an earlier laser disc version of Temple of Doom. They are hard to dig out and check though because of those barricades I made to hold the Simpson's DVDs in place.
    Honestly, laserdiscs in general are fairly hard to find. I'm not talking about ebay, that's cheating. I'm talking about in the wild (tag sales, flea markets, pawn shops, thrift stores, etc.). I've been collecting laserdiscs for over a year now and I've never come across any of the Indiana Jones films, let alone all three. In fact, my cousin found these for me at a flea market far from where I live.

Anyway, I love the Indiana Jones films. They are very nostalgic for me, so that's more of what I was referring to when I mentioned holy grail. That and the fact that it references the third film.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Underrated Kubrick classic.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful. I was hoping you'd post something. I love that Blu-ray Criterion cover. Did they release The Killing on VHS?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Two of my favorite Sci-fi films.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast