Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 130 of 158 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 140 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,250 of 3934

Thread: LOST--watch out for **SPOILERS**

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flaggwalkstheline View Post
    I really liked the episode
    but I'm still frustrated at not getting smokey's name
    They were blatantly teasing us with it
    I don't think he HAS a name. His real mother said that she'd only picked one name. I think he's truly nameless.

Gunslinger Apprentice theyspunaweb is on a distinguished road theyspunaweb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by flaggwalkstheline View Post
    I really liked the episode
    but I'm still frustrated at not getting smokey's name
    They were blatantly teasing us with it
    I don't think he HAS a name. His real mother said that she'd only picked one name. I think he's truly nameless.
    Part of the reason he's special, why he didn't want to stay on the island because he wasn't meant to be there - he wasn't even meant to be born in the first place! His mother didn't even think of a name. All he wants to do is leave, and now he can't?

Ok I think that the smoke monster is still the MIB brother. Cause, why else would the rules still be in place that the "mother" created about not killing each other? I think his body is dead, but Smokey can take form of any dead body on the island, as we have seen.

On another note - is richard the new jacob? he drank the same cup when he became immortal. then who is the candidate? is he there to take over MIB or what?

I think that smokey took the light out of the tunnel, the light jacob was meant to protect, so now they are forced to not lit MIB off the island because he has the light. If it goes back, the original, save the light, game will be back in place instead of don't let him leave.

honestly, I'm completely confused. I'll go back and re-read what you all have written.
    "The wise are not wise because they make no mistakes. They are wise because they correct their mistakes as soon as they recognize them."
    -Orson Scott Card

Donkey Thief Mike Beck is on a distinguished road Mike Beck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post
    Curiousity is kind of a thirst, Mike.
    But I am totally with you about this was a great episode. I absorbed pleasure from every scene of it.
    I'd be lying if i said i wasn't curious about his name. I totally understand.
    You know what it reminds me of? Kill Bill. We didn't get Black Mamba's real name until the second movie. But by then, the wonderment of her name became this huge thing. Like.....it must be something amazing if they bleeped it out in the first film. And then the reveal....

Spoiler:
    Beatrix Kiddo

I like that they didn't really give her an identity in the first film. She was just this nameless ball of ass-kicking vengeance. I suppose the second film was about showing her humanity, so the name was revealed. But it felt a bit underwhelming. In my most humble of opinions, of course.

So i don't mind that MIB/Jacob's broham didn't have a name. It makes his character even more interesting/keeps him more of a mystery. More....special, so to speak.

I'm also pleased that you enjoyed the episode. I'm going to give it a second watch soon. However, i was given a film called Human Centipede by someone at work today, so i have to watch that tonight. It promises to be very disgusting (gruesome horror movie stuff), so i'm not sure why i want to see it, but i do.

Anyway....i'm rambling now.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I think that Cuse & company said that he definitely had a name.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Gunslinger Apprentice theyspunaweb is on a distinguished road theyspunaweb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

isn't it Esau or something?
    "The wise are not wise because they make no mistakes. They are wise because they correct their mistakes as soon as they recognize them."
    -Orson Scott Card

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

See, if it weren't for the introduction to that light source or whatever it is, I think I would have been able to accept and understand the episode more.

What if the smoke monster is just afraid of the dark and left a light on?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    Somebody in the cast said he definitely has a given name, but it may not be revealed in the series.

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Beck View Post
    Curiousity is kind of a thirst, Mike.
    But I am totally with you about this was a great episode. I absorbed pleasure from every scene of it.
    I'd be lying if i said i wasn't curious about his name. I totally understand.
    You know what it reminds me of? Kill Bill. We didn't get Black Mamba's real name until the second movie. But by then, the wonderment of her name became this huge thing. Like.....it must be something amazing if they bleeped it out in the first film. And then the reveal....

Spoiler:
    Beatrix Kiddo

I like that they didn't really give her an identity in the first film. She was just this nameless ball of ass-kicking vengeance. I suppose the second film was about showing her humanity, so the name was revealed. But it felt a bit underwhelming. In my most humble of opinions, of course.

So i don't mind that MIB/Jacob's broham didn't have a name. It makes his character even more interesting/keeps him more of a mystery. More....special, so to speak.

I'm also pleased that you enjoyed the episode. I'm going to give it a second watch soon. However, i was given a film called Human Centipede by someone at work today, so i have to watch that tonight. It promises to be very disgusting (gruesome horror movie stuff), so i'm not sure why i want to see it, but i do.

Anyway....i'm rambling now.
    Yeah, you are right. That makes him my favorite character. But I am still crazy about his name.
    You have Human Centipede! Awesome. I want a friend who gives me Human Centipede which I can not find anywhere. I would like to know what you think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    See, if it weren't for the introduction to that light source or whatever it is, I think I would have been able to accept and understand the episode more.

What if the smoke monster is just afraid of the dark and left a light on?
    Can I quote you in my sig?

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
    Somebody in the cast said he definitely has a given name, but it may not be revealed in the series.
    So, where may it be revealed?

Woofer, I like your theory. But I still believe MIB, black smoke and Jacob's brother are the same person.
    Their mother told Jacob there would happen something worse than death if he went into the light. In my humbe opinion, MIB is not dead, just his body. Smoke Monster is also black like our man is referred. And, Smokey has the same passions with Jacob's brother; leaving the island.
    I know these are not certain things.

Gunslinger Apprentice nt07077 is on a distinguished road nt07077's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As for MIB's name:

Spoiler:
    We won't be getting it

Interview with Darlton, slightly spoilerly

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-al...across-the-sea

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Won't read because of the spoilers, but I would like to know the reasoning. Fill me in please?

Gunslinger Apprentice nt07077 is on a distinguished road nt07077's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Basically, the producers defending themselves about the last episode. To be honest, they seem kind of pissed. The only spoilers are whether they will reveal MIB's name and whether they will revisit the shooting scene from the outriggers from last season.

My Mood
    Worried

Melike, you're probably right, but I just can't shake the feeling that going in the cave woke a slumbering entity, not unlike Tak choosing and using the people he did in Desperation and The Regulators.

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by nt07077 View Post
    Basically, the producers defending themselves about the last episode. To be honest, they seem kind of pissed. The only spoilers are whether they will reveal MIB's name and whether they will revisit the shooting scene from the outriggers from last season.
    Ah, okay. It sucks that they have to do that, but I feel certain that this episode would've been better received at the beginning of the season.

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Melike, you're probably right, but I just can't shake the feeling that going in the cave woke a slumbering entity, not unlike Tak choosing and using the people he did in Desperation and The Regulators.
    I see the similarity.

Yeah, you are right. That makes him my favorite character. But I am still crazy about his name.
    You have Human Centipede! Awesome. I want a friend who gives me Human Centipede which I can not find anywhere. I would like to know what you think about it.
    I know. I'm sorry. I'm sure they'll reveal his name in the finale.
    You know what else makes his character so awesome? That kid who played him also played young Ben Hawkins from Carnivale! And if you've never seen Carnivale, you must do so immediately! It's amazing (eventhough it was cut short by the dork jerkers at HBO).

Whoever this kid actor is, he has landed roles of two amazing characters, so he already has my respect.

haha, I watched Human Centipede last night. It was a really ridiculous movie, but very unsettling. obviously it doesn't have much in the way of acting (to be expected), and it's written poorly (also expected), but the idea behind it is crazy. And some of the scenes will make you squirm. The best part by far is the crazy doctor. Whoever that actor is, he's terrifying. I recommend it, but it's not the greatest thing since sliced bread.

My Mood
    Worried

Hey Mike, can you rip the DVD? Purely as an academic exercise of course.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Ricky...I am afraid

And I don't think I will be all that upset about never knowing MIB name...but, it's was kinda late in the game to throw that eppi into the mix and open up SOOOO many questions.

I mean, we already know that they are not going to answer everything, then, to just add even MORE questions?!?! GRRRRR

So sad and excited about next week.

I still remember my best friend calling me about the show. I had really wanted to see it when I saw the previews then forgot all about it..she called me on a Friday night telling me that they were going to reruns the first three episodes on that Saturday night and I watch it...I was hooked!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can I quote you in my sig?
    Of coruse!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    And I don't think I will be all that upset about never knowing MIB name...but, it's was kinda late in the game to throw that eppi into the mix and open up SOOOO many questions.
    I mean, we already know that they are not going to answer everything, then, to just add even MORE questions?!?! GRRRRR

So sad and excited about next week.
    Exactly! I honestly don't know what to expect from the remaining episodes.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Hey Mike, can you rip the DVD? Purely as an academic exercise of course.
    Hey bro. Of course I can. I actually have the movie downloaded on to my cpu. all i gots to do is burn a disc. interested?

On that ominous tract Whidden will become famous soon enough Whidden will become famous soon enough Whidden's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Child MIB was looking at a giant sea turtle on the beach near the beginning of the episode.

I pretended it was the turtle from IT, and it made the episode better. Even more mysterious.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post

Exactly! I honestly don't know what to expect from the remaining episodes.
    Don't expect anything! I think that's the way to go into it. I'm so happy that this show existed, and that it didn't die a slow, horrible, yucky death like the X-files. I'm also happy that it wasn't cut down prematurely like Carnivale and my most favorite, Twin Peaks.

This is totally reminding me of all the conversations and debates we all had at the nearing of the end of the Dark Tower. I was one of those who had totally different expectations for how King finished the series, and was let down because of it. Only because i had hyped it up and wanted things to turn out the way they did in my head.

I got over it. And when i let go of all of that crap, i appreciated the story much more after it was over and done with and i had time to sit and think and digest. I love what King did, and I'm grateful for him sharing such an amazing story with us.

I'm incredibly amazed and grateful for how the Lost team gave us an amazing show that far surpasses any TV show out there. It owns my life. They created something that is entertaining on the crust, but filled with such depth and meaning underneath all that. It's a show that speaks about Life, in all of its many facets, and we all feel that on some level. It's much more than just a tv drama. It's everything.

The finale is right around the corner. I don't expect all things to be answered, and i don't want them to be. I want things left unsaid, because that's life. There is no time in any of our lives when we get all the answers we've ever wanted. We live, we die. And there are probably more questions left unanswered than otherwise when our time comes. But if we find peace and closure before the end, then I believe that is a happy ending.

I have faith that the finale of this show will offer a similar feeling of peace and closure, and i really couldn't ask for anything more than that.

My Mood
    Worried

Mike, I am very, very interested.

Country
    Country Flag

Well said Mike.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

i'm gonna cry like an emotional teenaged girl when the finale ends.

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Beck View Post

i'm gonna cry like an emotional teenaged girl when the finale ends.
    As will I.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 130 of 158 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 140 ... LastLast