Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 140 of 158 FirstFirst ... 40 90 130 138 139 140 141 142 150 ... LastLast
Results 3,476 to 3,500 of 3934

Thread: LOST--watch out for **SPOILERS**

Gunslinger Apprentice theyspunaweb is on a distinguished road theyspunaweb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You guys...that finale was incredible. I am surpised at so many people who didn't understand it and still think the island itself was purgatroy. I love that the island's mysteries weren't all solved, so that we can continue to be involved with the story. I loved that all of charecters found resolve in the sideways/limbo. they all had to let go and they did and seeing them together like that was so touching.

I didn't cry or have jears, surprisingly. but now...just thinking about jack at the end with vincent makes me feel like doing it. I guess it hasn't hit me.

this is the best article I've read with explinations so far:
    http://jezebel.com/5546559/lost-fina...yline=true&s=i
    "The wise are not wise because they make no mistakes. They are wise because they correct their mistakes as soon as they recognize them."
    -Orson Scott Card

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I won't be wrapping any of this in spoiler tags. If you haven't seen the Lost series finale and you are reading this thread, you're dumb.

I've been depressed all day because of the Lost finale. Not because I didn't like it, I thought it was great (except for a few minor issues), but because I can't believe it's over.

I literally could not catch my breathe at times last night while watching the finale. I also had about half a dozen moments where I got goosebumps.

I know a lot of people wanted more from the ending. What people have to remember is that it's not about the ending, it's about the journey.

Another thing people are forgetting is that yes, it was a sci-fi show, but it was always about the characters and their lives. In that regard, the ending was perfect.

My main gripe is that by revealing that the flash-sideways was basically purgatory (or whatever other name you want to give it) many people are going to misunderstand it and say, "See, I told you they were in purgatory from the very beginning." I already had to correct 3 people today.

I also felt a little sad that their lives in the flash-sideways wasn't real. I was happy for the characters. They all seemed better off. Oh well.

I also feel that the life on the island could have been wrapped up better. We had 6 years invested on the island life, yet the finale mainly dealt with the flash-sideways. I think I just would have wanted a little bit more explanation about the island and how it was connected to the rest of the world. I always thought the stakes were high. Meaning our Losties had the lives of everybody in the world in their hands. I never got that feeling last night.

Anyway, it was still a great episode. I'm not afraid to admit that I had a few moments where tears made their way to the very edges of my eyelids. Then when Jack told Desmond, "I'll see you in another life, brother", I spontaneously combusted into tears.

Not that I'm trying to pat myself on the back, but I felt for sometime now that the show would end with Jack's eye closing. I just felt that showing a close-up of an eye was a recurring theme and the opening of the pilot was such an iconic image, it made perfect sense to end the show the same way.

Once I saw I was right, I felt completely satisfied.

I'm sure there are tons of other things I want to talk about, but I just can't think of it right now.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Beck View Post
    I'm going to have to come back after more thought on everything, but right now I feel like i'm on the verge of crying/barfing/smiling, and I've been in a zombie-like state all day, lost in thought, with images of last night's episode (as well as ones from the entire series) whizzing through my head.
    I know some people will be disappointed by the finale, but i can't even think about them right now, because i'm so satisfied with what they've done. I can only concentrate on what the show means to ME.

And now i'm not sure what to do with myself.
    Perfectly describes my feelings exactly. I was a mess last night. From the moment Jack touched the coffin, that was it. I was done.

I knew I wouldn't be able to function today and I was right...all I've been thinking about all day was the finale.

As far as they people who think it was the worst episode ever, I feel sorry for them. They obviously missed the overall meaning and symbolism that was tucked in for us to find, speculate over, and digest. And now its over.

Quote Originally Posted by Whidden View Post
    I was a mess all day today. Normally I'm an uncaring unfeeling robot. Today I was one step away from tears with every other thought.

I'm peeved they left so much without an answer, for me the biggest question was "what was the Hurley bird" and "why was Walt special", stuff like that. But they side swiped me with the emotion deal. Turned me into a blubbery mess.

When that wears off, maybe I can kindle some anger over the non answers from over the years, but for now I am very content with the ending.
    I agree with you 100%. I am disappointed that some of the bigger questions and mysteries weren't resolved/answered but that doesn't seem to matter much right now. The emotional aspect that the finale offered was enough to show that the mysteries really don't matter as much as the lives of the characters.

Like you said, I'm sure I'll care more about the unresolved things later on but now I am still absorbing the finale and pleased with the end.

Quote Originally Posted by theyspunaweb View Post
    I didn't cry or have jears, surprisingly. but now...just thinking about jack at the end with vincent makes me feel like doing it. I guess it hasn't hit me.
    It's amazing how one little scene can be so impacting and make all the diffence, isn't it?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Apprentice JRM is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You guys...that finale was incredible. I am surpised at so many people who didn't understand it and still think the island itself was purgatroy. I love that the island's mysteries weren't all solved, so that we can continue to be involved with the story. I loved that all of charecters found resolve in the sideways/limbo. they all had to let go and they did and seeing them together like that was so touching.

That was an incredible analysis.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I really enjoyed the finale last night. And the ending was just absolute perfection. I was so sad, because Jack has always been my favorite character throughout the series, so to see him die in the end was hard. But the way it was shot was just beautiful. It completely mirrored the opening scene of the pilot. For those that are wondering about the shoe and the plane crash remains, those have been there since the original crash. And they showed it to complement the opening scene in the pilot. If you go back and watch the two back to back, I think they'll be almost exactly the same.

I'm happy with the way the alt timeline was tied up. It's really the only thing that makes sense to me. I was confused as to why some weren't at the church, but after reading your thoughts it makes complete sense now.

And as for the island being underwater, I think it was in the re-cap before the show, the creators mentioned something about having a time where the island wasn't a factor into their lives or something? Sorry I know I'm messing up on the quote, I'll have to go back and find it. But my take on it is that I see the island as this place which holds everything together, so without out the island I don't think the world could exist. Haven't they said numerous times that if the man in black left, that it would be the end? So I don't think the island being underwater is in the future. I just see it as being shown to emphasize the fact that it plays no factor in their afterlife. Hope that made some sort of sense.

Well I'm sad to see it go, it's been a wonderful show. I'll miss it
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

When we saw the original crash site, Mr. Woofer said he thought it was all a dying man's hallucinations and that none of it happened. That's what I meant when I said I would be pissed if that's what it was.

I'm pretty satisfied with the ending even though it could've ended a couple of minutes sooner IMO. I won't bother with mentioning what bothered me because it's so small in the grand scheme of the show.

Maybe I can talk more about it later when I'm not in mourning.

To the cast and crew of LOST: Thanks.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    But the way it was shot was just beautiful. It completely mirrored the opening scene of the pilot. For those that are wondering about the shoe and the plane crash remains, those have been there since the original crash.
    I was probably in my top 3 favorite scenes in Lost, ever.

So are you sure that there was 815 wreckage still left on the beach at the end of the series? I could've sworn that they burned it all.

And as for the island being underwater, I think it was in the re-cap before the show, the creators mentioned something about having a time where the island wasn't a factor into their lives or something?

But my take on it is that I see the island as this place which holds everything together, so without out the island I don't think the world could exist.
    I think I know what quote you are talking about. For the record, I like your explanation better. The theory that the Island holds everything together, combined with the fact that it binds all the Losties together, is perfect.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    But the way it was shot was just beautiful. It completely mirrored the opening scene of the pilot. For those that are wondering about the shoe and the plane crash remains, those have been there since the original crash.

So are you sure that there was 815 wreckage still left on the beach at the end of the series? I could've sworn that they burned it all.
    That was my guess because it looked exactly the same. Were they able to burn everything? I'd just be surprised if it is anything else. Or are you thinking maybe it's not really there, and it's just a memory? That could be true.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Apprentice JRM is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't think much of the wreckage at the end. It didn't even cross my mind that it could be anything besides a final salute to the beloved series. Unless the writers come forth and say otherwise, I feel I've gotten all the answers from the finale there is to get.

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

- If Jughead didn't create the "alt" timeline, the only thing it did do was bring the Losties back to the present,
    Nope, it caused the "Incident", not just an episode title, but the event that created a necessity for the hatch and the button, which is what led to Locke starting Jack on his journey to faith by having him push it.

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

That was my guess because it looked exactly the same. Were they able to burn everything? I'd just be surprised if it is anything else. Or are you thinking maybe it's not really there, and it's just a memory? That could be true.
    They burned people who died with their belongings, as I can recall. But I am quite sure that it is the same shoe hanging on the tree at the pilot which I re-watched just after the finale. In the pilot it looks clean and new, in the finale dirty and old.

I thought everybody hated Jack and Kate. It is good to know there are symphaty for Jack. I hated him crying but he was a favorite character of mine. And I never found Kate boring, uninteresting. I like her because she is brave.

I realized that here, there is not even one person who disliked the ending. And I know there are many outside this forum. I guess we were all ready for such a finale because of thinking and discussing about Dark Tower's ending.

I loved every moment of it. *sigh*

Gunslinger Apprentice arrawyn is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

i liked the ending (just watched it yesterday because we'd taped it). my husband is really pissed off about it though because he spent all weekend watching 15 back to back episodes in order to catch up with the last series and was annoyed it was that they'd all died and that the flash-sideways part was not real, and was just them as souls (in my opinion) trying to find each other in a world they'd created so that they could move onto the next stage of 'existence' in the spirit world/heaven/whatever you want to call it (so i believe).

I didn't remember the thing about Jack's eye being the beginning of the whole show - so that's cool they close his eye to end it, i really like that -i'll let my hubby know.

I like how everyone in the 'waiting room world' found each other and rememebered their lives on the island together again.

my main questions are: where were Lapidus and Richard (and I think Miles too) at the very end in the church? did they just not die (which we obviously don't see because they left in the plane), but kate and sawyer and whoever else was on the plane (can't remember) did at somepoint? (because when Jack was talking to his dad his dad said, 'some people have died before you, some people after you' basically).

I'm also curious about what Eloise said to Desmond at the concert - something about 'I told you to stop all of this' (meaning I guess getting all the souls/ghosts to move on?). i wonder what she was really talking about...

anyways, i liked the ending and i'll try and talk my husband around to it

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Everyone dies eventually, as Christian told Jack. Many of them lived long, natural lives. Hurley may well have lived for centuries as the island's guardian. We don't know...but everyone dies, and many of them didn't die before Jack did. In the sideways world, time had no more meaning--which is a neat development given our fixation on flashback, flashforwards and time travel for most of the series. The souls of the dead from all points in time converged to help Jack move on.

The people in the church (Eloise's church, by the way) were people who were important in Jack's life. Those not present either weren't yet ready (e.g. Ben, Ana Lucia, Eloise) or went on to the next stage in the company of their own important group (perhaps Richard and his wife, for example).

Eloise didn't want Desmond to take Daniel away from her as she killed her son and she was enjoying the chance to spend time with him again.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    I thought that might have been what was happening but more because in season One interviews Damon and Carlton said that Jack originally died in the pilot.
    Jack was supposed to die in the pilot, back when they were exploring Michael Keaton as a possible actor to play him, but they changed their minds -- in much the same way they changed their minds about only having Ben in three episodes, which was the original plan.
    Or maybe they just really don't like Michael Keaton?

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Thanks for the confirmation on the wreckage. I always thought that they had cannibalized it over the ... well, however long they were in the present. It's hard not to read too much into something on a show that is known for hidden meanings.

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eomWspUS8B0"]YouTube- LOST: "ULTIMATE LIST OF UNANSWERED QUESTIONS"[/ame]

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Beck View Post
    I know some people will be disappointed by the finale, but i can't even think about them right now, because i'm so satisfied with what they've done. I can only concentrate on what the show means to ME. Just like any faith, religion, or spirituality, one shouldn't try to convince someone to see it their way. They should only be concerned on what those things mean to them, personally. We have to discover things for ourselves. "No one can tell you where you are." Just like no one can tell you what this show meant to you, and no one can tell you what the finale should mean to you.
    First off, Mike - I was waiting for you to post and looking forward to seeing your thoughts and you summed it up perfectly - awesome post, dude

I haven't wanted to discuss the finale anywhere but here because, as you said, I can't bear the thought of any negativity on what was one of the most moving 2 and a half hours of my life. Some questions didn't get answered because...some questions are unanswerable - there were so many existential elements to the show that I feel we were meant to embrace the mysteries as we do life's mysteries. Things like the food drop, well Ben pretty much summed up the answer to all that stuff when he said to Hurley, "that was the way Jacob ran things, maybe you can find a different way".

This has been the best television show i've ever seen, and i feel like i've gained something something supremely profound and enlightening.
    Completely

For those that are wondering about the shoe and the plane crash remains, those have been there since the original crash. And they showed it to complement the opening scene in the pilot. If you go back and watch the two back to back, I think they'll be almost exactly the same.
    That was my initial reaction, that he'd simply gone back to the same spot...then when I came online and saw all the "he got shot back in time" theories I was like, hmmm - maybe! But I prefer it that it was the same timeline, infact when the MiB got shot out of the cave of light, he was in the same timeline.

And as for the island being underwater, I think it was in the re-cap before the show, the creators mentioned something about having a time where the island wasn't a factor into their lives or something?
    I thought: as we know, they couldn't move on until they realised/accepted certain things, and to me one of those things was accepting that without the island their lives weren't perfect, they still lacked something, they weren't enriched by their friendships with each other - and the island being underwater/the plane never crashing signified that for us as the viewers...y'know, made it clear that reluctant as they might be to admit it, the island had made them better people.

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It was easy to forget about the wreckage, because the survivors moved down the beach away from it in season one, and they never really showed it again. Being realistic, though, what the hell would they have been able to do to clear the wreckage of a plane that size? It makes perfect sense that it would still be there.

I would love to talk about the finale, but I don't think that I can yet. I'm still processing my emotions. I will say that it was intensely beautiful and I really loved it. I feel...changed.
    Heng Dai

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    It was easy to forget about the wreckage, because the survivors moved down the beach away from it in season one, and they never really showed it again. Being realistic, though, what the hell would they have been able to do to clear the wreckage of a plane that size? It makes perfect sense that it would still be there.

I would love to talk about the finale, but I don't think that I can yet. I'm still processing my emotions. I will say that it was intensely beautiful and I really loved it. I feel...changed.
    I'm the same way, but I am glad to read all of your thoughts. They've helped me make sense of some of my emotions (as always).

I'm more depressed than I anticipated, and I anticipated that I would be depressed.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I'm pleased for Hannah's sake that you loved it

I don't know if you guys get it repeated in the US? Ours is this evening, and I am so watching that again. I feel quite emotionally drained from Monday morning, but in that tortorous "I can't accept it's over" break up way, I have to put myself through it one more time to really believe it.

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think we are stuck with watching Jesse James on Nightline instead of a repeat.
    Heng Dai

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I watched Lost from the very beginning and have never missed an episode. But for me it has always just been another show. I never freeze-framed an episode and enlarged a frame so I could see (OMG!) Hurley's naked image in a reflection on a teapot....or something like that... I enjoyed the show very much through all six seasons but I was never even close to being a "Lostie". I didn't find any profound meaning and didn't look for one. I was a fan of the show more for the SciFi aspect than for the human nature aspect. Initially I was confused as hell about the entire series finale but a few nights of sleep and much reading about it has cleared all of that up for me. That said, I didn't hate the finale but I did find it less than satisfying. Again, that goes back to the Scifi vs. human nature aspect. The whole 'moving on with the ones you love' idea is nice like butterflies and unicorns and rainbows, but to me it is more wishful thinking than anything else. In my gut I don't believe any of that. Most likely we die and that's it. No darkness, no awareness, just nothing. That's why the ending was just a little cliche and "fluffy" for me. I still enjoyed it but it just wasn't very fulfilling for me. And I could have done without the entire flash sideways all season long - they could have made that point without spending so much time on it.

But if I had it to do again (see Lost for the first time) I would.

My Mood
    Worried

Click to vote if you like the image:

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Isn't it funny that Claire's vagina is what enlightened Kate? She was like, "I recognize this puffy chucky."

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Yeah, I want those answers too!!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 140 of 158 FirstFirst ... 40 90 130 138 139 140 141 142 150 ... LastLast