Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: March into Madness: 2016 Dark Tower NCAA Tournament Challenge

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For me, it's a tale of two brackets:

EXCELLENT
    EAST: I went perfect in the first round, picking 8/8 winners (including a good call on 14 SF Austin over 3 W. Virginia)
    WEST: I went 7/8 (only loss was Baylor), with good calls on Northern Illinois and VCU

DUMPSTER FIRE
    SOUTH: Only 3 winners (the 1, 2, and 3 seeds--how hard was that?); everything else was a loss
    MIDWEST: I went 4 for 8, including a good call on AR-Little Rock, but lost 3 Sweet 16 teams and of course Michigan St., who I had winning it all. The Midwest is a sea of red marks for me

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm pretty much screwed. I had Kansas vs. Kentucky as the final. Half my bracket is dead.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I'm still in this thing. I have Kansas vs UNC in the final. Let's hear it for Notre Dame as well though, I have them losing to Xavier.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I think I'm still in this thing. I have Kansas vs UNC in the final. Let's hear it for Notre Dame as well though, I have them losing to Xavier.
    I've got Kansas/UNC with UNC winning....that would be epic.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    I've got Kansas/UNC with UNC winning....that would be epic.
    I have Kansas, let the madness ensue!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I may be done but at least A&M pulled off the shocking comeback to make the sweet sixteen.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

The A&M game was crazy. Any of you Aggies fans turn the tv off too soon?

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was watching to the end no matter what and was rewarded for it.

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Not only did I change the channel on the aggie game, I went ahead and deleted the game from my dvr!!!!! .... obly to find out layet that they had somehow won the game. ..and worst is all, I had deleted it. So crazy.
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How about this statistic from ESPN:

After a wild day of games that included some upsets and some near-shockers, just 17 of the 13 million-plus brackets in Tournament Challenge correctly picked the entire Sweet 16.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazing!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    How about this statistic from ESPN:

After a wild day of games that included some upsets and some near-shockers, just 17 of the 13 million-plus brackets in Tournament Challenge correctly picked the entire Sweet 16.
    I would have guessed a lower number, lol. Madness I tell ya!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oregon, you're killing me!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Wow - only two teams left in our contest. It would be an epic game if OK and UNC made the finals. That said, 2 number twos left the tourney yesterday. Let's see what happens today!

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Wow! Went from worst to first, literally.

Country
    Country Flag

This is officially the worst I have ever picked. Oh well. The NFL draft is soon so its back to football (with a brief pause to watch the Spurs versus the Warriors in the NBA playoffs if it happens.)

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

DAMN!

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So I guess if Villanova wins, then Bill (merlin) wins; but if UNC wins, then the honors go to Joe315.

Do I have that right?

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Yep. That's how I see it.

Good luck Bill!

Country
    Country Flag

After a few boring rounds, that was a great game to end the season on. Congratulaions to Merlin.

Country
    Country Flag

Great contest! We're going through some family issues, so I'll get in later to make a bigger to-do. But congrats to the winners!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hot Damn!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds like you won...Is that correct? If so congrats!

Hot Damn!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations to Merlin and Joe!!! Thanks to NC, the trophies were taken right from under my nose!

I'll try to get these in the mail soon. As I eluded to earlier, we are having a pretty serious family health issue with my brother. He's not a Stephen King fan, or a fan of NCAA basketball, but I will hold neither of those against him. He needs major prayers.

Thanks for playing everyone! It was a great tournament and shows just how important those pesky little 1st and 2nd round points can be.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks! And don't rush. Take care of your family first, the trophies can wait.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast