Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King End of Watch Book Tour Dates

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    There was some mention earlier up-thread about a special announcement concerning the Albuquerque event. Has anyone heard or seen anything more about this?
    Here it is -- Bookworks has announced that George RR Martin will be joining Stephen on stage at the June 16 event at the Kiva Auditorium in Albuquerque.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    There was some mention earlier up-thread about a special announcement concerning the Albuquerque event. Has anyone heard or seen anything more about this?
    Here it is -- Bookworks has announced that George RR Martin will be joining Stephen on stage at the June 16 event at the Kiva Auditorium in Albuquerque.
    Wow. That is friggin cool!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Wow. That is friggin cool!!
    That is cool!

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Longtime Albuquerque indie bookstore, Bookworks, hosts Stephen King June 16 at the Kiva Auditorium at the Albuquerque Convention Center, one of twelve stops on a national tour promoting his new novel, END OF WATCH. What was already an unbelievable event opportunity has become even more notable, with a very special guest announced as part of the billing.

George RR Martin, GAME OF THRONES creator, beloved New Mexico author, and patron of the arts, will join King on stage at the Kiva Auditorium, for conversation and an element of literary fantasy that fans of the esteemed authors will find hard to resist.

"We were talking one day at the store about the event, daydreaming about how we would ever be able to score an event more epic than Stephen King. 'But what if we got George RR Martin to interview Stephen King,'" recalls Bookworks event director Amanda Sutton. Martin has been a friend of indie booksellers in New Mexico and has taken part in several events with the store, including a sold-out in-conversation event with Diana Gabaldon in 2013. Martin also frequently hosts renowned authors at his Jean Cocteau Cinema in Santa Fe.

During a conference call with King's assistant and publicist at Scribner, the Bookworks team mentioned the idea to have the two authors appear together.

The pieces fell into place when Martin contacted his agent, Chris Lotts, also Stephen King's agent, expressing interest in hosting King at the Cocteau. No new events were able to be added to the tour, but Martin was invited and graciously agreed to join the bill for the Albuquerque event. He will be in conversation with Stephen King's son, author Joe Hill, in May 23 at the Cocteau upon release of his book THE FIREMAN. On June 16, Martin will appear with King at the Kiva Auditorium. Both authors are delighted to share the stage.

The authors will sign books prior to the event. Every attendee will receive an END OF WATCH hardcover with ticket purchase, with 400 signed copies to be distributed at random. END OF WATCH is the third book in the Bill Hodges trilogy, which began with MR MERCEDES, an Edgar Award winner, followed by FINDERS KEEPERS. All the books in the trilogy, along with many of Mr. King's titles, will be available at the event, as will signed books from Mr. Martin.

Tickets for Stephen King in Conversation with George RR Martin are available online at bkwrks.com/stephen-king, by phone at 505-344-8139, or in person at Bookworks, at 4022 Rio Grande Blvd NW, Albuquerque.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not feeling so bad about missing the Tulsa event now.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Someone get video at the Albuquerque event!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Gunslinger Apprentice ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

That would be awesome to be at this event!!!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree. What an awesome event to be present!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Even though my chances of getting a signed book are not great I am more and more looking forward to the event in Albuquerque. It should be a very enjoyable and memorable night. Hope to meet some other forum members there.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Someone get video at the Albuquerque event!
    Maybe there will be an official recording?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Even though my chances of getting a signed book are not great I am more and more looking forward to the event in Albuquerque. It should be a very enjoyable and memorable night. Hope to meet some other forum members there.
    We'll have to coordinate for sure, Bob. My wife was like "meh" at first. Now she's totally since Martin is showing up.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    We'll have to coordinate for sure, Bob. My wife was like "meh" at first. Now she's totally since Martin is showing up.
    We will definitely coordinate to something before or after the event. My wife is pretty excited too. Looking forward to it!

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I will be in Pittsburgh...

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Looks like I'm gonna miss out on the Nashville show since we're leaving for vacation that same day.
    I guess vacation is more important.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

The Victoria Theater in Dayton has a capacity of 1,154.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well all 4 of my email requests for RENO went through - now I just gotta wait.........oh my gosh this is killing me - I cannot wait any longer - please let us know.

Sorry. Anyway - anyone else besides RF waiting on this one? I like the fact that it was only posted on the reno Facebook page twice - with only about 10 separate replies. And the fact that their page only has 123 likes. And only 9 replies so far that people even sent in emails. This is nerve racking

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Well all 4 of my email requests for RENO went through - now I just gotta wait.........oh my gosh this is killing me - I cannot wait any longer - please let us know.

Sorry. Anyway - anyone else besides RF waiting on this one? I like the fact that it was only posted on the reno Facebook page twice - with only about 10 separate replies. And the fact that their page only has 123 likes. And only 9 replies so far that people even sent in emails. This is nerve racking
    Stuck by a train. shut out of this win i am sure!

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    The Victoria Theater in Dayton has a capacity of 1,154.
    Drat missed out. Got into work a little latter then I thought, so was already 9:06 central time, and when I logged into website I was already 17xx in the queue. Wasn't too clear on the start time though. Everywhere I went it said went on sale at 10, so assumed this was 10 eastern. So figured I needed to be online by 9 central. But the message went out at 10:30 central time that tickets were sold out
    in 30 mins. So maybe it did go on sale at 10 central time? If that's the case they shouldn't have started the online queue so early.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Tennessee just sent email tickets go on sale april 15 $38.50 theatre only holds 2362 or so! limit 4 tickets per person.

Only going to Iowa.

Gunslinger Apprentice terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Finally! Anyone else going to this one?

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post

I sent two emails but have not received the B&N Reno confirmation email for either.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast