there's probably a similar existing thread which this can be merged with, but until then...

spoiler alert: this is just a thinly disguised thread for reading recos, but I thought it could be fun.

I prefer genre titles, and I find I have exhausted everything by King and my other favorite authors at the moment. While I was looking for something else to read in the meantime, I saw some discussion here about a book called REPLAY by Ken Grimwood which several members named among their favorites. based on that discussion, I picked up a copy and really enjoyed it.

Got me to thinking: if others shared some of their non-King favorites, perhaps I would find something I might not have otherwise discovered.

I'll start. My most recent non-King favorite is LEXICON by Max Barry. its a cool thriller with a genre twist.

My all-time non-King favorite might be a bit tougher, and changes from time to time, but right now I'd say it was BOYS LIFE by Robert McCammon. If you have never given him a try, it might be a good entry point.