Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Duma Key--**spoiler thread**

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mtdman View Post
    I just did my annual re-listen to Duma Key, and something kinda puzzles me. I've never really understood this part:

Spoiler:
    What's up with the Sand Ilsa at the end, after they get Perse out of the well? Is that part of Perse's power, and if so, how is it possible if she's asleep in the water in the flashlight? Or is it part of Edgar's power, that he drew her in the sand and she came to life as a sand girl? And/or, did Perse capture Ilsa and is she part of her crew now on the Persephone? Is that why Mary drowned her in the salt water? What happens to the crew and the ship why Perse is trapped in her fresh water 'grave'? None of that made much sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

The friend who goes after your ex is just the friend who deserves your ex.
    Maybe so, but it's still pretty low on both the friend and the ex's parts. I wouldn't be able to overlook that like Edgar did. I'd probably let him kill himself and let her blame herself for it. What kind of person does that?

As I am doing my annual re-listen to this fine Stephen King book, I came to post this exact same question and then find that I had already posted it last year. Problem is, no one answered. I'm really not clear on the Sand Ilsa thing. Anyone have any thoughts?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I see now that I need to reread it some time soon.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Traveler EyesofFenrir is on a distinguished road

Traveler EyesofFenrir is on a distinguished road

Def one of his better post 80s works, but yeah, it suffers from quite a few of his usual pitfalls. E.G. it goes off the rails towards the end, has too many endings (RotK style), too many distracting modern references, etc.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Losers Club Podcast episode on the novel:

https://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3...-club-podcast/

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The only thing I remember from that book is some character that kept saying muchacho.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    The Losers Club Podcast episode on the novel:

https://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3...-club-podcast/
    Can't wait to listen! I love this book, it's one of my favorites.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8