Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Duma Key--**spoiler thread**

Spreading Funk! funky dredd is on a distinguished road funky dredd's Avatar

Oh man I missed that as well! Thanks John for pointing that out.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

what? I'm at work now....no copy can you post please?

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Sure. A song is mentioned in the book Dig ~ Shark Puppy. I think Edgar quotes them. So if you look on the copyright page you see: Permission to use lyrics from "Dig" by Shark Puppy (R. Tozier, W. Denborough), granted by Bad Nineteen Music, copyright 1986

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

um-huh, and the connection is the 19. Thanks for posting Lisa.

The answer is within

John F. Kennedy steph is on a distinguished road

I have a question.
    What about "Wireman Looks West." I don't remember them destroying it.
    Granted I have only read it once and I was sick as a dog, so my comprehension was probably no where near 100%.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    um-huh, and the connection is the 19. Thanks for posting Lisa.
    And also R.Tozier and W.Denborough being Richie Tozier and Stuttering Bill from IT

My Mood
    In Love

wow, its been along time since I heard those names.....
    I didnt catch it.

The answer is within

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I reread IT recently if it makes you feel better

My Mood
    In Love

a little, thanks!

The answer is within

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    Could you give me a discription, or page # to reference please?
    It's on page 144 & 145 of the US version. It probably is a fictional sketch, but I was just kinda curious if maybe he happened to come across a real Dali sketch and incorporated it into the story. I know it's probably a stretch though.

And that was a nice catch jhanic. I never would have caught that.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I finally finished the book the other day. I thought it was fantastic. I really loved the character of Edgar. I also really enjoyed the chapters on How to Draw a Picture, and how he interwove those into the story. I would recommend that everyone check it out.

One thing that I am curious about, spoilers for end of story!

Spoiler:
    There was no mention of the paintings being destoyed at the end (especially the Girl and Ship series). I took it that once Perse was put back to sleep, they were no longer harmful, and were able to go to whoever purchased them. Is this true?

My Mood
    In Love

I found these pics to give some of you a good visual of
    sunsets on the Gulf....and the beaches in the area...
    Last edited by alinda; 05-05-2008 at 10:31 AM.

The answer is within

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by steph View Post
    I have a question.
    What about "Wireman Looks West." I don't remember them destroying it.
    Granted I have only read it once and I was sick as a dog, so my comprehension was probably no where near 100%.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    One thing that I am curious about, spoilers for end of story!

Spoiler:
    There was no mention of the paintings being destoyed at the end (especially the Girl and Ship series). I took it that once Perse was put back to sleep, they were no longer harmful, and were able to go to whoever purchased them. Is this true?
    Good questions.
    Spoiler:
    The hurricane Edgar was drawing up at the end, appeared to only be for Duma, would it have reached the gallery? Edgar thought they'd get rain as far as Tampa.
    Other than that, I'd also imagine that the pictures would sleep as Perse did.

Gunslinger Apprentice kithereal is on a distinguished road kithereal's Avatar

Default BIG BOY

I was wondering if anyone else remembered a creature called Big Boy in Lisey's story?
    It seemed familiar to me but I regret I haven't openned up Lisey's Story to check this myself....
    KIT

Gunslinger Apprentice kithereal is on a distinguished road kithereal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Sure. A song is mentioned in the book Dig ~ Shark Puppy. I think Edgar quotes them. So if you look on the copyright page you see: Permission to use lyrics from "Dig" by Shark Puppy (R. Tozier, W. Denborough), granted by Bad Nineteen Music, copyright 1986
    very observant

Thanks
    KIT

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kithereal View Post
    I was wondering if anyone else remembered a creature called Big Boy in Lisey's story?
    It seemed familiar to me but I regret I haven't openned up Lisey's Story to check this myself....
    KIT
    You must be thinking of Long Boy.

Thanks Darkthoughts, I think you're probably right about the hurricane. For some reason that never even crossed my mind.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Heather -

KIT - thanks, but that was actually Jhanic's spot, I just relayed the printed info - all kudos to him

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Finished this morning!

Kudos to King!! Great book! Good page turner.
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not reading this but I'm not sure I like Wireman, suspicious of that guy.

The old lady makes me think of the old man in Bag of Bones, but that's okay.

I love how Wireman said "enough Palaver..."
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ha ha yeah! I got that in my notebook for the Tower connections BTW, do I have the power to add new books to that section? I got quite alot of stuff for Duma Key.

Wireman is kinda like Henry Leyden (Black House) in that respect I thought, Matt. I was suspicious of Henry at first too.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

You can't add them to the graphic (which may need to be updated soon) but you should be able to add new books to the wiki.

I'll shoot you a PM on how.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Brilliant

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

ok, so i just wanted to throw this in here... i live in Tampa, FL which gets some play in DK. Twice I lived on Davis Island [yes, it's real] including the time when King was writing at least some of DK.

King gets the geography a little wrong [though in an incosequential way], but what I care about is when he is setting the scene in Mary Ire's apt about Davis Island, he mentions hearing an electric guitar playing 12-bar blues. Given when King wrote this, and where I lived at the time, I can only assume he was talking about me. if any of my old neighbors read the book, they may think of me. i was known to play a bit loud. btw, through 415 pages. i just passed

Spoiler:
    when Miss Eastlake dies and Edgar sleeps with Pam

i've really enjoyed this book so far. when i finish i will come back and read other posts and discuss, but i am avoiding spoilers right now so don't wanna chance it.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

for the sake of readability: it's a spoiler thread, so go easy on those spoiler boxes...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast