Quote Originally Posted by mtdman View Post
I just did my annual re-listen to Duma Key, and something kinda puzzles me. I've never really understood this part:

Spoiler:
What's up with the Sand Ilsa at the end, after they get Perse out of the well? Is that part of Perse's power, and if so, how is it possible if she's asleep in the water in the flashlight? Or is it part of Edgar's power, that he drew her in the sand and she came to life as a sand girl? And/or, did Perse capture Ilsa and is she part of her crew now on the Persephone? Is that why Mary drowned her in the salt water? What happens to the crew and the ship why Perse is trapped in her fresh water 'grave'? None of that made much sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

The friend who goes after your ex is just the friend who deserves your ex.
Maybe so, but it's still pretty low on both the friend and the ex's parts. I wouldn't be able to overlook that like Edgar did. I'd probably let him kill himself and let her blame herself for it. What kind of person does that?

As I am doing my annual re-listen to this fine Stephen King book, I came to post this exact same question and then find that I had already posted it last year. Problem is, no one answered. I'm really not clear on the Sand Ilsa thing. Anyone have any thoughts?