Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Duma Key--**spoiler thread**

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

:radioactive: Duma Key--**spoiler thread**

I know we have several Duma Key threads going right now, but its a big deal.

One for news on it
    One for collections information

And now one for people who have read it and want to discuss it without worrying about spoilers.

I won't be in this thread again.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Wireman is so very cool. I am loving this book! About 1/2 way thru it, and I'm not sure maybe cuz I live in Florida, but its so easy to relate to it.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I read the book a couple months ago and enjoyed it then. I am now in the process of rereading it and am discovering that there are lots I'd forgotten or didn't notice in the first reading. I love the Wireman character--he seems so down-to-earth in everything he does. I especially enjoy seeing how he is caring for Miss Elizabeth. It rings very true from my personal experience with my mother.

John

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I think this will be one of those books for me, reread , repeatedly.
    Not all books have this effect, not even all SK books but this one? yeah I think so.

The answer is within

Spreading Funk! funky dredd is on a distinguished road funky dredd's Avatar

I am only about 100 pages in so far and have loved it. Edgar just cracks me up, I don't know if it was meant to be funny or not. But I have had a few good chuckles so far.

My Mood
    In Love

The time of year( discribing weather, winter) flora and local flavor are very acurately discribed. It makes for really good reading .

The answer is within

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'm only up to about the 7th chapter, but so far I love it. Out of curiosity does anyone know if the Dali painting that King described hanging in Elizabeth's house is actually based on a real sketch, or was it just one that King made up to fit with the story. I went online to see if I could find a picture of it, but I couldn't really find anything, but then again I didn't look real hard.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not reading this thread but a scary doll and raw meat was enough to put me over the edge early on.

Where's your sense of adventure? :p

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

It ran away when the doll talked.

She did have a sweet little voice!

My Mood
    In Love

I think there were several (albeit very loosley based ) Dt hints what do you all think?

The answer is within

My Mood
    In Love

My sister owns many Dali prints etc.... I'll look at the description again, and ask her. There is a Dali musuem in St.Pete, I'll look around there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I'm only up to about the 7th chapter, but so far I love it. Out of curiosity does anyone know if the Dali painting that King described hanging in Elizabeth's house is actually based on a real sketch, or was it just one that King made up to fit with the story. I went online to see if I could find a picture of it, but I couldn't really find anything, but then again I didn't look real hard.

The answer is within

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    My sister owns many Dali prints etc.... I'll look at the description again, and ask her. There is a Dali musuem in St.Pete, I'll look around there too.
    Thanks, let me know if you find anything. I've got a couple of books with his works, I was going to look thru those to see if I could find anything.
    And I highly recommend checking out that museum if you've never been there. I went there a couple of years ago. They have quite a collection of his artwork.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I think there were several (albeit very loosley based ) Dt hints what do you all think?
    Well, I've been keeping notes in my notebook for the Tower Connections and I've noticed a few mentions of roses, 19 and even Randall (no Flagg, but still ).

Even the loose links will have a place in Tower Connections eventually - a section called something like "Touched by the Tower", where all these kinds of books can go

My Mood
    In Love

Sounds great!! Y'all are really making a fine site.....

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Well, I've been keeping notes in my notebook for the Tower Connections and I've noticed a few mentions of roses, 19 and even Randall (no Flagg, but still ).

Even the loose links will have a place in Tower Connections eventually - a section called something like "Touched by the Tower", where all these kinds of books can go

The answer is within

My Mood
    In Love

Could you give me a discription, or page # to reference please?

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Thanks, let me know if you find anything. I've got a couple of books with his works, I was going to look thru those to see if I could find anything.
    And I highly recommend checking out that museum if you've never been there. I went there a couple of years ago. They have quite a collection of his artwork.

The answer is within

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The description in the book is (the page ref won't be the same from the UK version to the US one): The sketch was just pencil, augmented by two scarlet threads, probably added with nothing more than a plain red ballpoint pen...These not-quite-offhand scribbles had been laid along the horizon line of the Gulf to indicate sunset...On the horizon was a ship, probably a tanker. It's said to be signed "Salv Dali".

My Mood
    In Love

Really? I think that's fictional then....

Spoiler:
    As it would be the same or like Edgars painting NO?

The answer is within

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, i think he was quite stunned by it.

Is Duma Key a real place?

My Mood
    In Love

No, but the flavor of Florida (as described) is very close to
    authentic to this Floridian.

Our beach house is in Treasure Island, off the coast
    (near Tampa) and the general feeling of the area
    and the beach ....are just like in the book. I felt
    at times that Duma Key was just down the road.

The answer is within

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Treasure Island?!! Wow, how amazing would it be to put something like that in your address!

My Mood
    In Love

Its great there.

The answer is within

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

As for connections, don't forget the notation on the copyright page regarding one of the items quoted within, copyrighted by R. Tozier and W. Denbrough. Names sound familiar?

John

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Totally missed that!! Awesome catch John, thank you!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast