Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Betts Books (Temporary) Alternative

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AstroDad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Well, food for thought with all these posts....first off, I will correct listing to day Carrie Artist Edition (not Gift edition). It's hard to keep straight what is Gift, Artist, Deluxe etc.
    It is actually the Gift Edition (not Artist Edition)

I agree it can be hard to keep straight. Generally, it seems fairly consistent that signed by the Artist (and not the author) = Artist Edition, but the fact that the Cemetery Artist edition is numbered is what I think throws things off in our minds. It FEELS like a S/L with the nice Traycases, etc. So the slipcased edition feels like an Artist edition.

Ignoring the nicer features than most Artist Editions CD is giving us with this series, I eel like the standard is (or should be):

Nicer edition than trade, limited run, but not signed by anyone = Gift Edition
    Limited run signed by artist, but not author = Artist Edition
    More limited run signed by Author, may also be signed by Artist = S/L Edition
    I would change this.. as this gift IS signed by artist... The "artist" edition is numbered and traycased. That is the difference. haha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I also want to echo my appreciation for David, there is no other site out there like his and although I have only been quick enough to purchase one item so far, he has always been responsive to questions, etc.

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Well, food for thought with all these posts....first off, I will correct listing to day Carrie Artist Edition (not Gift edition). It's hard to keep straight what is Gift, Artist, Deluxe etc.

I agree it can be hard to keep straight. Generally, it seems fairly consistent that signed by the Artist (and not the author) = Artist Edition, but the fact that the Cemetery Artist edition is numbered is what I think throws things off in our minds. It FEELS like a S/L with the nice Traycases, etc. So the slipcased edition feels like an Artist edition.

Ignoring the nicer features than most Artist Editions CD is giving us with this series, I eel like the standard is (or should be):

I would change this.. as this gift IS signed by author... The "artist" edition is numbered and traycased. That is the difference. haha
    I assume you mean signed by the ARTIST, not the author, but in any case I would still refer to it as the gift editon, signed and remarqued by the artist. The edition referenced should be what the publisher referred to it as in order to avoid this exact confusion followed by any subsequent value adds in my opinion.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would change this.. as this gift IS signed by author... The "artist" edition is numbered and traycased. That is the difference. haha
    I assume you mean signed by the ARTIST, not the author, but in any case I would still refer to it as the gift editon, signed and remarqued by the artist. The edition referenced should be what the publisher referred to it as in order to avoid this exact confusion followed by any subsequent value adds in my opinion.
    Yeah. haha I changed it. I agree though... safest way to explain it. I was referring to how you broke them down in the differences to them.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah. haha I changed it. I agree though... safest way to explain it. I was referring to how you broke them down in the differences to them.
    Gotcha sorry...misunderstood what you meant lol. I thought you were saying David should keep it listed as the Artist Edition.

Agreed on your other point, though. Would be nice if there were an industry standard.

In light of not being able to get King on board for a s/l though, I really like what CD is doing with this set. It has the feel of a s/l, only lacking the author sig.

How cool would it be to somehow eventually get King to sign all of your matching numbered Artist editions (or lettered if you are big money lol). You basically just turned it into a true s/l, but as a set it would be one of the most rare collectables out there I would think.

RF, I changed my mind about what book I would have King sign for the Haven fund raffle!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, food for thought with all these posts...

<snip

As to Gaiman listing....as it is NOT King, I felt I should offer to my friends here first....I tried to put what I thought were realistic prices but given response has been pitiful, I can only surmise my prices are too high. I will adjust soon.

<snip>
    David, as the others have stated eloquently, your reputation is solid for quality fairness, and customer service - including outstanding packing methods for shipping.

As far as Gaiman prices, you might inquire in the Gaiman thread if you'd like feedback. There are a number of highly knowledgeable Gaiman collectors on this site.

Keep up the good work!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2