• Change the Feature so comments are NOT annonymous

34 64.15%
  • Turn the Feature off

5 9.43%
  • Other-Comments/Suggestions

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Reputation Feature Poll

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Reputation Feature Poll

The Reputation Feature, in particular negative reputation that is annonymous has been a very hot topic lately.

This is a non-binding poll designed to encourage civil public discussion on the matter.

* The original intent and pleasure of the feedback was that people could (almost exclusively) provide a quick positive acknowledgement about a post without just posting a "+1" or something else. A behind the scenes recognition that didn't interrupt the flow of the thread. The way the software is written, negative feedback was/is possible. The "feature" can only be turned on or off.
    There is a possibility that a "User Group" change will make it so that the recipient knows the sender. I'm concerned that if I make the change, it would be retroactive and thus dredge up problems from the past.

* The colors should be intuitive. Green is good, red is bad. As for blue, I believe a new member with low reputation can leave feedback, but the comment shows as blue and does not add to, nor reduce a member's reputation. The numbers mean that when hovered over, a specific member's reputation level will show the comment.

* I'm not sure how many green bars are possible. God has 11 bars.

Here is a screen shot of the Admin Control panel for managing the feature:

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I voted to identify the poster of the comment. It was either that or discontinue the feature completely, but it seems to me that a lot of the people here like it.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I happen to like the feature. It brightens my day when I get positive rep! Of course, I haven't gotten any negative yet so that may be why I like it

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Not anonymous.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think if someone has something to say they need to put their name on it. I'm a few different forums and I've never seen this kind of feedback system. I have recieved a couple of reputation comments, but I have no idea how to view them?

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with most that it shouldn't be anonymous if neg rep is left.

Speaking of rep.. how does someone check their reputation?

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bunyip View Post
    I think if someone has something to say they need to put their name on it. I'm a few different forums and I've never seen this kind of feedback system. I have recieved a couple of reputation comments, but I have no idea how to view them?
    Click on the "notifications" tab. It's located on the top right corner of the screen, next to your name...

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post

Speaking of rep.. how does someone check their reputation?
    Click on the "settings" tab, at the top right hand corner of the screen. It's next to the notifications tab....

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Click on notifications on the top right corner of the screen, next to your name...
    That only shows the last rep comment. To see previous (I think 5) go to Settings at the top right. Your current score is shown along with last 5 rep left for you.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Click on notifications on the top right corner of the screen, next to your name...
    That only shows the last rep comment. To see previous (I think 5) go to Settings at the top right. Your current score is shown along with last 5 rep left for you.
    Thank you both!!

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    I happen to like the feature. It brightens my day when I get positive rep! Of course, I haven't gotten any negative yet so that may be why I like it
    +1

Oh wait... was I supposed to leave positive rep, instead of interrupting the flow???

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I voted to leave it the same. I like the feature and do think it serves the purpose to limit the agreeable +1 posts.

+1

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad to see I'm in the majority. Unveil those who wish to disagree!!!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Same here. Just got a positive rep when I logged in! I think I'm too nice. Maybe I need to start being a dick.

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

it's too bad you can't only get rid of the negative rep and keep the positive. I voted to keep it, but lose the anonymity, but I understand the concern if it is retro active, which I agree it seems like it would be.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

As far as I know the most you can see is five reps back. So retroactive isn't that big of a deal.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the feature, but I've never liked the anonymous aspect.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

What has anyone to hide by being anonymous? Be transparent, or the site will be sued.

" In cases of defamation “per se,” damage does not have to be proven."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I did a test with a small usergroup, and flipping the switch to make it so comments are NOT anonymous retroactively reveals the senders for all comments. Thus recipients of neg rep will likely be upset once again when they find out for sure who the sender was.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anonymous negative reputation is completely lame. I don't post anything that I don't want to, or that I feel is warranted.
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Since over 70% of the voters want to keep the feature as is, or make it so that negative comments are not anonymous, I'm thinking of modifying the Terms Of Service agreement.
    I have been unable to find a way to automatically make all reputation comments known to the recipient.

I could change the TOS agreement to state that management reserves the right to disclose the I.D of reputation senders to the recipient. The decision would be based upon management determining that a member has either abused the reputation feature itself, or made comments that violate our existing TOS agreement regarding member interaction.

Thoughts?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds good to me!

John

Country
    Country Flag

I agree too. That sounds very reasonable for everyone all round.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, good

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think it helps with the worst of the abuse of the feature. True, this is just an online community, but our 'rep' does play an important role at times; so people playing malicious little games with it while at the same time being able to remain anonymous just doesn't sit well with me. Plus, if I'm going to call someone out, I'm going to be man or woman enough to stand behind what I'm saying.

Change away!
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast