Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad - Better Call Saul - El Camino *spoilers*

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

Walter White was the protagonist. He was an antihero, he's not considered a villain. That would have to go to one of the shows antagonists - Gus, Tuco, Hector the twins, etc.
    Think outside the box, man!!! LOL Actually, if you really think about it he was responsible for most of the really evil shit that went on. lol
    In the interest of thinking outside the box, yes you could make a case for Walter being the ultimate villain of the show. Dude is responsible for so much shit going wrong it's not even funny.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Sooooooooooooo, is Chuck officially now more hateable than Skyler?

Damn, he got Jimmy good though.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Sooooooooooooo, is Chuck officially now more hateable than Skyler?

Damn, he got Jimmy good though.

Nah, Skyler still takes the cake in my book. The only one worse than her was, Laurie from TWD!!!! lol lol

You know, that's the one thing that takes away from the show a little bit. The fact that we know, Jimmy and Mike and other characters are going to move forward to the BB timeline. Don't get me wrong I still enjoy very much seeing how they got there, but it does eliminate some suspense.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I totally agree. We all know the outcome. No matter how good this show is... that takes away from it all for me. Prequels always do
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I totally agree. We all know the outcome. No matter how good this show is... that takes away from it all for me. Prequels always do
    Which is probably why they're opening up the story about Saul in the future a little.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Which is probably why they're opening up the story about Saul in the future a little.
    Sorry Bev... in what way? I would love them to end a season with Saul meeting Walter.... and then the following season... start after BB ended...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Sorry Bev... in what way? I would love them to end a season with Saul meeting Walter.... and then the following season... start after BB ended...
    Future Saul yelling at the shoplifter to get a lawyer -- that tells me he's pushing against the walls of his cell, ready to burst forth into something new.

Country
    Country Flag

Future Saul yelling at the shoplifter to get a lawyer -- that tells me he's pushing against the walls of his cell, ready to burst forth into something new.
    hmmmm.. that was "past Saul" no?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

No, that was when he was on a break from making cinnamon buns.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You know, that's the one thing that takes away from the show a little bit. The fact that we know, Jimmy and Mike and other characters are going to move forward to the BB timeline. Don't get me wrong I still enjoy very much seeing how they got there, but it does eliminate some suspense.
    To me, that's what makes the show great. It's fascinating to see how Jimmy turned into Saul. As a lawyer, he always moved to the beat of his own drum, but he was still a pretty good guy. As Saul, his morals completely went out the window. Watching how he got to that point has been great.

We are supposed to assume that the black and white scenes that have opened every season is supposed to be Saul/Jimmy after the events of Breaking Bad where he got the hell out of dodge.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

To me, that's what makes the show great. It's fascinating to see how Jimmy turned into Saul. As a lawyer, he always moved to the beat of his own drum, but he was still a pretty good guy. As Saul, his morals completely went out the window. Watching how he got to that point has been great.

We are supposed to assume that the black and white scenes that have opened every season is supposed to be Saul/Jimmy after the events of Breaking Bad where he got the hell out of dodge.
    Really?? I never took them that way!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

SS, I didn't mean to take away from the show at all. I agree. It's really cool to see how some of the characters got there. It does take away a little suspense, but I am totally into the journey.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, that's the consensus, but there are some people who think it's a flashback.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

SS, I didn't mean to take away from the show at all. I agree. It's really cool to see how some of the characters got there. It does take away a little suspense, but I am totally into the journey.
    I see what you're saying. You mean you know they don't die. That's the inherent problem with most prequels, I agree.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I see what you're saying. You mean you know they don't die. That's the inherent problem with most prequels, I agree.
    Yeah, but having said that it's a credit to, Gilligan that the show is still so captivating and interesting.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, that's the consensus, but there are some people who think it's a flashback.
    Those are definitely in the future after Saul hired the guy to make him disappear. He joked that he'd end up as the manager of a Cinnabon in Nebraska, and that's pretty much where he went.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Those are definitely in the future after Saul hired the guy to make him disappear. He joked that he'd end up as the manager of a Cinnabon in Nebraska, and that's pretty much where he went.
    I agree. It's 100% in the future. I've thought so since day 1. That said, some people are harder to convince for whatever the reason even with the concrete facts.

Better Call Saul begins with a present-day shot of Saul working in an Omaha Cinnabon, where he has ended up after fleeing Albuquerque and changing his identity in the penultimate episode of Breaking Bad. At home in his apartment, he dejectedly watches a VHS tape of his glory days — back when he had boasted gaudy commercials and criminal enterprises.

You opened with the bleak, depressing Cinnabon scene. Is there more of that to explore in the post-Breaking Bad Saul?

Gilligan: It does indeed give us the indication that there is more to explore about the present. That sequence in Omaha — him working at the Cinnabon, with his new name, Gene — that's pretty interesting stuff. I'd like to see more of it. We may well indeed, and I'm not going to say when.

>>> Source

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys... I ALWAYS (as did my wife) thought this was the past... I will watch it with new interest now!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, the b&w scenes are definitely in the future.

Last week's scene with Saul inside LPH was a masterclass in quiet menace. Gus did nothing else but sweep the restaurant and help Jimmy find his watch, but you could feel the threatening vibrations throughout those short, tense minutes.

What a show.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Yes, the b&w scenes are definitely in the future.

Last week's scene with Saul inside LPH was a masterclass in quiet menace. Gus did nothing else but sweep the restaurant and help Jimmy find his watch, but you could feel the threatening vibrations throughout those short, tense minutes.

What a show.
    It was by far my favourite scene of the episode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Is it just me or are these extended "bullshit" scenes like, Wexler getting ready for work and the initial sneaker scene and so forth getting tedious?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Is it just me or are these extended "bullshit" scenes like, Wexler getting ready for work and the initial sneaker scene and so forth getting tedious?
    The payoff for the sneakers was very cool to me. Time passes, Tuco's gang is no longer running things. I liked it a lot.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure I'd call it bullshit. What exactly makes it bullshit?

Personally, one of my favorite parts of the show is the editing and cinematography. I'm not sure a 15 second scene is really going to make or break anything either. A scene like that is mainly utilized to bridge one scene to another, or introduce a scene after coming back from commercial.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I enjoy them because they're a personal stamp. Gilligan has a deep respect, almost a fascination with processes and how things work. Mike taking the car apart, Saul painstakingly forging the fake address on the court documents; these have been some of my favorite bits of the entire show.

He did the same thing with BB and the steps necessary to make top tier crystal meth.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast