Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2016 Haven Fundraiser Auction #9-King signed Revival W/Maitz remarque

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Damn. That stamp puts me off. I don't want anyone's stamp in my books.
    Normally I feel the same way and wouldn't touch it. In this case, because it's the artist's and he created an original art piece in the book, I think the ownership stamp is kind of cool.

Beautiful painting, Bob. I love it.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Damn. That stamp puts me off. I don't want anyone's stamp in my books.
    Normally I feel the same way and wouldn't touch it. In this case, because it's the artist's and he created an original art piece in the book, I think the ownership stamp is kind of cool.

Beautiful painting, Bob. I love it.
    Usually, no, especially a crimp stamp, but I agree in this case. The artist's work with the artist's stamp is kinda cool.
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The only two acceptable crimps would be Maitz or SK.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Not Whelan?

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Not Whelan?
    He means in this book specifically. If Whelan did a remarque in the book then Whelan's stamp would be acceptable.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    Not Whelan?
    He means in this book specifically. If Whelan did a remarque in the book then Whelan's stamp would be acceptable.

Correct.
    I suppose I should have been more specific.
    King can crimp any book he authored, and I believe that would never lower the value. An artist crimp in the specific book they did original art in is similar. Some may feel it detracts form the book, but I'd guess that most people would either be neutral, or feel it makes it even more personable (valuable).

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    Not Whelan?

Correct.
    I suppose I should have been more specific.
    King can crimp any book he authored, and I believe that would never lower the value. An artist crimp in the specific book they did original art in is similar. Some may feel it detracts form the book, but I'd guess that most people would either be neutral, or feel it makes it even more personable (valuable).

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like the crimp stamp, a very cool, non bookstore, back story touch.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

For the record, Don Maitz has gone above and beyond anything one could expect on behalf of the Haven Fund. There are things in the works, and this item.........well, he is just amazing!!!

He has a few projects coming and you can all show any and all appreciation by visiting his website for news, collectibles and truly wonderful art.

My apologies if I appear to "gush", but the gentleman is just freaking amazing in his work ethic, charitable support and his talent that I am in awe.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

$515 with minutes to go......
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm glad it has fetched over $500, but it must be worth significantly more....

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Somebody stop my finger from clicking.........

That is an amazing drawing!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

A signed Revival is worth ~ $200, thus the Maitz art added $300. Great price for the buyer, but the free market indicates the desire (at this time) for the piece.
    Thanks to those who bid, and congratulations to the winner.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Over $500 in the end - nice work. One of King's best later novels IMO, with a cool remarque, and signed - Quite a trifecta there. Wonder if it went to someone here??

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think it is great it fetched over $500. Don had nothing to do with the artistry in the book and thus his remarque is worth much less in the book and less desirable to many. The book sells on the market now for less than $200 and the remarque is about $100ish... so this is a great price for the Haven to get. Congrats!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I think it is great it fetched over $500. Don had nothing to do with the artistry in the book and thus his remarque is worth much less in the book and less desirable to many. The book sells on the market now for less than $200 and the remarque is about $100ish... so this is a great price for the Haven to get. Congrats!
    Well I think that remarque is worth much more than $100 considering its a watercolor and it turned out so well. Not all art is created equally. That being said, I think this book did fetch a great price. I think all sides will be happy with this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2