Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: David Palumbo, Artist

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely killer! Big congrats!

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What are the names of these illustrations? I found only two:

"The Breaking of Father Callahan" and "The Bitter Waters"
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have:

The Bite (#'d/Lettered Edition Cover)
    The Marsten House (Gift Edition Cover)
    The Bitter Waters (Interior Illustration)

David has:

The Breaking of Father Callahan (Interior Illustration)

There are two remaining original Interior pieces that are still available for purchase from Dave....

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    I have:

David has:

There are two remaining original Interior pieces that are still available for purchase from Dave....
    There were two prelims done by David as well. One was done on the cover of the book he used for reference and no name was given to me. The other is the prelim to the cover of the gift. He did not name this either as it was a prelim but I love it and wish he did use it for one of the covers. I have kept this one. They are both featured in the portfolio however His work is just unreal... really hope to see more of David in the future. A HUGE congrats to Tim on having these originals!!!!!!!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I have:

David has:

There were two prelims done by David as well. One was done on the cover of the book he used for reference and no name was given to me. The other is the prelim to the cover of the gift. He did not name this either as it was a prelim but I love it and wish he did use it for one of the covers. I have kept this one. They are both featured in the portfolio however His work is just unreal... really hope to see more of David in the future. A HUGE congrats to Tim on having these originals!!!!!!!!!!
    Actually David didn't do any traditional prelims for the Salem's Lot pieces. I believe the two pieces you are speaking about are two pieces he did for unused concepts and they were added to the portfolio. They wouldn't be prelims because they were both final pieces that were later added, better than prelims. Just want to make sure that the word prelim isn't tossed around like remarque tends to be these days. Haha.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    I have:

David has:

Actually David didn't do any traditional prelims for the Salem's Lot pieces. I believe the two pieces you are speaking about are two pieces he did for unused concepts and they were added to the portfolio. They wouldn't be prelims because they were both final pieces that were later added, better than prelims. Just want to make sure that the word prelim isn't tossed around like remarque tends to be these days. Haha.
    I have to agree with you brother. I, did however, use his wording on the subject and "prelim" was his words to me. BUT, you are correct... I would class these more as concepts for sure. I also tend to think a "concept" piece is a more finished work rather than what a "prelim" is. Would you agree?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I have:

David has:

I have to agree with you brother. I, did however, use his wording on the subject and "prelim" was his words to me. BUT, you are correct... I would class these more as concepts for sure. I also tend to think a "concept" piece is a more finished work rather than what a "prelim" is. Would you agree?
    Actually it would be the opposite. A concept is mostly an Idea.. so a concept drawing would be a very rough idea of what they want to create. You might see a lot of concept drawings when an artist is working with a character and wants to draw that character in different angles. Getting an idea of how they want that character, or scene to look. Then I think they would create a prelim.. a first try (or maybe multiple tries) at what they envision the final piece to be. Some artists draw this out (Maitz), some paint this out (Dameron) and some do this digitally. I think that concept and prelim might be a little bit interchangeable. Then you have an original, finished piece. This is a piece that is completely finished and is something the artist would submit for printing.

I understand what you are saying. David had alternate ideas for covers and scenes that he never created for Salem's Lot. He did create paintings based on those ideas though for you on a commission basis. Then luckily, and very awesomely, those pieces were submitted to be in the portfolio. Which means that original commission is now a published piece of art (If art portfolios are actually published, but I think you know what I mean.) Those are finished pieces though. Concept and Prelim are all stages of a process that some artists use to create a finished piece.

Does that make sense? Sorry that was a little long winded Haha

Country
    Country Flag

I have:

David has:

Actually it would be the opposite. A concept is mostly an Idea.. so a concept drawing would be a very rough idea of what they want to create. You might see a lot of concept drawings when an artist is working with a character and wants to draw that character in different angles. Getting an idea of how they want that character, or scene to look. Then I think they would create a prelim.. a first try (or maybe multiple tries) at what they envision the final piece to be. Some artists draw this out (Maitz), some paint this out (Dameron) and some do this digitally. I think that concept and prelim might be a little bit interchangeable. Then you have an original, finished piece. This is a piece that is completely finished and is something the artist would submit for printing.

I understand what you are saying. David had alternate ideas for covers and scenes that he never created for Salem's Lot. He did create paintings based on those ideas though for you on a commission basis. Then luckily, and very awesomely, those pieces were submitted to be in the portfolio. Which means that original commission is now a published piece of art (If art portfolios are actually published, but I think you know what I mean.) Those are finished pieces though. Concept and Prelim are all stages of a process that some artists use to create a finished piece.

Does that make sense? Sorry that was a little long winded Haha
    hahaha I am with ya my man. These are def finished pieces. His work is pure brilliance. I really hope to see David get more of Kings work. I did not commission these either believe it or not... long story
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got this back from the framers today. Very happy with how it came out.

Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post

Dude, your getting quite the art collection! I LOVE IT!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Haha, thanks, I'm loving it too
    Wanted:

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice selection of materials and colors for the framing.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely fantastic! So jealous!

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I still can;t get with that... (missed the end of the auction)
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks everyone! Was off work yesterday and spent longer than I care to admit staring at my wall
    Wanted:

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

My Palumbo original painted onto the boards of a BCE copy of 'Salem's Lot. A friend from here sold me this one and it's quite possibly my favourite part of my collection. From what I understand it is supposed to be included in CD's 'Salem's Lot portfolio.

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome Theli! I kind of regret not trying to pick that up when it was posted here awhile ago. Very cool piece.
    Wanted:

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Talked to Dave and he is obviously very excited at the reception his work is getting now that the CD 'Salem's has been released.

He does have two original pieces of art left if anyone was interested in acquiring. If so, send me a PM and I'd be happy to make the introduction....

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

He is incredible.

Country
    Country Flag

Love the 2nd one... Surprised that has not gone!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

i almost, almost pulled the trigger on second art piece, but i own so much art already and even have a few items that are not even framed yet...just could not do it....

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Country
    Country Flag

Received my CD 'Salem's #46 and Gift Edition back from Dave yesterday. Pretty cool......

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Those are awesome!!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely fantastic remarques!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Those look great, AKC!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast