Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: David Palumbo, Artist

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default David Palumbo, Artist

I thought it was appropriate to start a new Thread for David Palumbo.

His introduction to the world of King collectors will come with the release of CD's 'Salem's Lot as he has produced 6 full-color illustrations for the publication. I was extremely fortunate to have the opportunity to acquire 3 of the 6 original pieces (2 Covers/1 Interior) and they are absolutely, without question, stunning pieces of work.

Our own David Williamson also has an Interior so, proud to say that 4 of the 6 pieces are with the TDT family.

Palumbo is also in the process of creating 10 full-color illustrations for the 25th Anniversary Edition Summer of Night by Dan Simmons.

This guy is the REAL DEAL. Based on what he's done for 'Salem's as well as what I anticipate his contributions to be going forward, he's earned a Thread.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have to 100% agree with you Tim. I have a cover prelim by him and it is just unreal.... his work is different, dark and to put it bluntly... mesmerizing. I have spoken to him many times and he is a GREAT guy as well. David is young and just getting a good start in the field... he pushed me over the edge for Summer of Night and I believe he will be one of the greats in time to come....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

'Salem's CD Covers...

Note the texture...awesome.

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WOW... I'm in love in these illustrations since day 1
    congrats!
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow. Incredible AKC!!!! That Marsten House is haunting.
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I own (of course) "The Breaking of Father Callahan". It is simply awesome. I really really like David's work.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah David is amazing... congrats guys on those pieces.. they do NOT come cheap!!! ENVIOUS!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I had emailed David for a quote on "Bite" as potentially my first major art purchase, but it was significantly more than I could go (and frankly worth it). I'm glad that AKC has it and the Marsten House cover in safe hands. I don't know when I was last as excited by a "new" SK artist's artwork. Here's hoping Salem's Lot won't be the last.
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

I don't remember if this was posted somewhere else but he has a shining painting on the book cover like one he did for Salems Lot
    it's the last one on the page
    http://www.dvpalumbo.com/recover.html

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    I don't remember if this was posted somewhere else but he has a shining painting on the book cover like one he did for Salems Lot
    Man... I love every one of those!

Country
    Country Flag

He did one for me on the Salems he used. A member here has it now... He seems to like doing that. I just love the feel of his work...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    He did one for me on the Salems he used. A member here has it now... He seems to like doing that. I just love the feel of his work...
    Thanks again for that! It may be the crown jewel of my collection (definitely the nicest piece of art I own)! I'll try to take a better picture of it and load it later, if not though I do have it in my collection thread. Dave's art is outstanding, I wasn't instantly enamoured when CD spoiled the art for 'Salem's Lot.

Gunslinger Apprentice Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's beautiful art.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

These original Salem's CD covers are gorgeous, Tim. For my taste, I prefer the realism of artists, like Palumbo, and his use of greys / dark hues gives them the right creepiness for this project. I wasn't lucky enough to get him to remarque my CD Salem's Lot, but scored a Palumbo remarque for my Salem's art portfolio today!

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I always thought David Palumbo was amazing since he did the artwork for the Centipede Press deluxe edition of The Anubis Gates by Tim Powers.

As a real bonus, this edition had an additional artbook housed within the slipcase, that featured full colour prints of David Palumbo's stunning artwork...

These are simply stunning!

David very kindly inscribed this remarque for me and linked the drawing to a direct passage in the book....

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    I always thought David Palumbo was amazing since he did the artwork for the Centipede Press deluxe edition of The Anubis Gates by Tim Powers.

As a real bonus, this edition had an additional artbook housed within the slipcase, that featured full colour prints of David Palumbo's stunning artwork...

These are simply stunning!

David very kindly inscribed this remarque for me and linked the drawing to a direct passage in the book....

Whoah.... I've just been staring at these - awesome. And man, gotta love Centipede Press... They know how to produce a beautiful book.

Country
    Country Flag

Man Tim that is awesome man. Thanks for sharing!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Received my 3rd Original Piece from Dave today from the upcoming Cemetery Dance Edition of 'Salem's Lot. He has called it "The Bitter Waters".

Context from Dave...

"The Bitter Waters is a portrait of Ben moments before staking Susan. He's holding his tools and overcome with despair. At this point, the colors have shifted even more sickly and sinister as he's about to cross a line he can't come back from....."

Headed to the frame shop tomorrow.....Enjoy!

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Received my 3rd Original Piece from Dave today from the upcoming Cemetery Dance Edition of 'Salem's Lot. He has called it "The Bitter Waters".

Context from Dave...

"The Bitter Waters is a portrait of Ben moments before staking Susan. He's holding his tools and overcome with despair. At this point, the colors have shifted even more sickly and sinister as he's about to cross a line he can't come back from....."

Headed to the frame shop tomorrow.....Enjoy!

Awesome!
    Mr. Palumbo has done an excellent job of capturing the mood of the story with his artwork. I had a few email exchanges with him and I could tell he really did his homework. His goal was to portray characters facing difficult decision points during the story (Mike Ryerson deciding to open Danny Glick's casket, Matt Burke going upstairs when he hears a noise in his guest bedroom, Ben Mears' agonizing decision to stake Susan Norton and Father Callahan's hesitation to drive Barlow away with the cross in the Petrie's kitchen) and it would appear that he succeeded.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Really nice, Tim! Are you married? If so, will your wife let you hang your King related artwork anywhere you want? Or is she like mine and want images like that somewhat hidden?

Country
    Country Flag

Hahahahah Bob I have the Trick or Treat hanging in the master bath right now. Lol

And Tim you have chosen wisely my friend.
    Well done!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

FREAKIN' AWESOME TIM!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful piece. Congrats!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm speechless. Congratulations!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gorgeous, Tim, just gorgeous.
    Congratulations!

sk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast