Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BLACK MAGIC & MUSIC SIGNED/LIMITED?

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Default BLACK MAGIC & MUSIC SIGNED/LIMITED?

Does anyone else have one of these signed & if so what is the date?
    I bought this many years & assumed King had signed a bunch of them.
    There are two editions of this..one is 40 pages & full of ads & this 8 page one that is just the King material (A Novelist's Perspective On Bangor) & a 1/2 page Bio with photo.
    The ones of these I find on line are all unsigned (Leonard Shoup does has a signed one for sale) So just checking to see if the signed ones were done on the same day? (Seems strange that they would go to the trouble to make the 8 page King Special & not have them signed.)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I have both versions, but I don't think either is signed.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have one somewhere, but I doubt it's signed.

<-------------------Goes to look just in case.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think that either version was made with the intent for it to be a signed edition. Any that are signed are ones presented to King by fans requesting his signature. Of course I was not involved in the production and distribution of either version but this is what I gather from years of collecting and seeing these offered for sale. Very few of either edition have been offered for sale that are signed (at least that I have seen).

The edition that totals 40 or so pages and has all the ads are almost certainly the programs that were handed out to attendees on March 27, 1983 at the Bangor House Ballroom. The edition that has only King's picture and a reproduction of his essay "A Novelist's Perspective on Bangor" is felt to have been printed later to satisfy the desires of collectors to have the essay. I have no idea how many of each edition were printed but I'm pretty sure the one with the ads is the true first edition and is harder to find.

Here is a signed copy from my collection. I am reasonably certain that this was obtained the night of the concert by an attendee who got King to sign it while in the Bangor House Ballroom. It is signed and dated the date of the event and I have not seen another like it. I have a couple of copies of the abridged (without ads) version and neither of those are signed.

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have one - flat signed but no date.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

All in all, just an oddity; the 3/27/1983 signed version notwithstanding.
    BTW, Bob violated his own rule(s) about personalized inscriptions.

Then does the 40 page edition also have the "WELCOME INTO MY PARLOR" photo & the Bio page with photo or just the " A NOVELIST'S RERSPECTIVE ON BANGOR"?

Quote Originally Posted by Phalucha View Post
    I have one - flat signed but no date.
    40 or 8 page?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Then does the 40 page edition also have the "WELCOME INTO MY PARLOR" photo & the Bio page with photo or just the " A NOVELIST'S RERSPECTIVE ON BANGOR"?
    Rhetorical question?

You of all people should know (BTW, I don't so please don't get pissed).

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

The 40 page edition does indeed have the "Come Into My Parlor" photo and the Bio page with photo. The Bio page is placed earlier in the book (page 5). "Come Into My Parlor" is on page 17. "A Novelist's Perspective On Bangor" is on pp. 19 - 22.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    All in all, just an oddity; the 3/27/1983 signed version notwithstanding.
    BTW, Bob violated his own rule(s) about personalized inscriptions.
    It isn't a "rule" just a preference of flat signed and dated vs. personalized inscriptions. In many cases I will take what I can get and be thrilled with it.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    The 40 page edition does indeed have the "Come Into My Parlor" photo and the Bio page with photo. The Bio page is placed earlier in the book (page 5). "Come Into My Parlor" is on page 17. "A Novelist's Perspective On Bangor" is on pp. 19 - 22.

Negative rep sent to Bob for always not only being correct, but supplying validation information.

Did you really fall for that?

Rhetorical question?

Rhetorical? How is that... If I don't own a 40 page edition & it was not stated that the photos & Bio were in that edition?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Rhetorical question?

Rhetorical? How is that... If I don't own a 40 page edition & it was not stated that the photos & Bio were in that edition?
    As I said, it was meant in fun. I actually believed you knew the answer (as you usually do).
    Free drink for you. On the house.

You are in the top 10 of ALL King Collector's in the world.
    If you and Bob had children together...

Spoiler:
    Well the TOP 26. (or is that 25?)
    You also have to remember I do not own one copy of FATHFUL.

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mine is 8 page version.

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    THANK YOU!

Country
    Country Flag

Here is a photo of mine - think will work.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It doesn't like that URL in image tags.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2R...UtbUQxSzg/view

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have one of each but both are unsigned.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It's been determined that the program was of a limited nature, that there are two different programs (one likely released after the event), and that there was no specific limitation production signed by King.
    Bob seems to have the only one signed and dated the date of the event (although I have to believe King signed and dated a few more, but they are likely still held by the recipient).
    A cool oddity, but not an official signed limited.

AGREED...That is why I posted the question with ?.
    Look what I found...Bangor Daily News March 21 1983 . An un-signed Limited Edition of 250.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The pic isn't showing.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I see it.

John

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Bizarre. I don't see it using four different browsers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast