Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19

Thread: Great Music - Nomination & Discussion Thread #11 (1995-1999)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, unexpected final choice, but we are done here.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here are some stats:

Nominations by year:
    • 1995: 29 (25.89%)
    • 1996: 21 (18.75%)
    • 1997: 22 (19.64%)
    • 1998: 24 (21.43%)
    • 1999: 16 (14.29%)

Most nominations by artist:

• Björk
    • Oasis

• Marilyn Manson
    • Metallica
    • Smashing Pumpkins

• Daft Punk
    • Fatboy Slim
    • Fugees
    • LeAnn Rimes
    • Madonna
    • Radiohead
    • Tupac

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    I'm seconding this for the last slot before someone seconds The Spice Girls. Fuck that shit!

SECONDED!!!
    I could've done much worse. I could've nominated either of these songs.

This is bad

This is worse
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

Had this gone much further, I would have nominated both of those

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Gas - Königsforst (1999)

I kept meaning to post something from this album but I could never pick which track I liked the best.

Country
    Country Flag

I also meant to nominate this awesome track, the full version, but never got to it:

Sonic Youth - The Diamond Sea (1995)

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    I'm seconding this for the last slot before someone seconds The Spice Girls. Fuck that shit!

SECONDED!!!
    I could've done much worse. I could've nominated either of these songs.

This is bad

This is worse
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Had this gone much further, I would have nominated both of those
    That is some truly dreadful shit. I guess I seconded just in time! LOL!

Country
    Country Flag

I'm surprised no fan of The Sopranos went with this:

Alabama 3 - Woke Up This Morning (Chosen One Mix) (1997)

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I'm surprised no fan of The Sopranos went with this:

Alabama 3 - Woke Up This Morning (Chosen One Mix) (1997)
    Ironically, I was literally about to nominate that, but when I realised that there was only one slot left I panic blocked the Spice Girls and seconded the nearest song to me. I just couldn't take the risk of allowing the Spice Girls through.

Fuck.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I wanted to nominate this song but couldn't find a good version of it. I also wasn't 100% sure on the year. I think it was 1998...

Rodney Carrington - Letter to my Penis
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

I'm a little surprised 1999 turned out to be a bit of a lackluster year. Interesting.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Surprised to not see:

Creed- What If (1999)
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I missed:

Rob Zombie-Dragula (1999)

AND

Rob Zombie-Superbeast (1999)
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19