Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Music - Nomination & Discussion Thread #11 (1995-1999)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I almost forgot about this song. I found it researching songs for the 2000's. Didn't realize it was a 90's song.

Everlast - What It's Like (1998)
    Seconded

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I'm shocked that this hasn't been nominated yet. After the movie came out, I couldn't walk past a radio without hearing it every 5 minutes.

Celine Dion - My Heart Will Go On (1997)
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm shocked that this hasn't been nominated yet. After the movie came out, I couldn't walk past a radio without hearing it every 5 minutes.

I love Titanic. I bought the 3-disc box set and watched all the bonus features and listened to all the commentaries.

I've always been crushed on Kate Winslet. I love her boobies.

Whenever I think about this song, I think of Kate Winslet's boobies.

I'm thinking about Kate Winslet's boobies right now!!

Seconded!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Marilyn Manson - Sweet Dreams (1995)

One of my favorite covers ever and the first song I ever heard from Manson.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The most popular track on the YouTubes:

Darude - Sandstorm (1999)

Yes, Darude. Yes, Sandstorm. Fuck you.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Marilyn Manson - Sweet Dreams (1995)

One of my favorite covers ever and the first song I ever heard from Manson.
    This has been on my list to nominate for quite a while now. I kept skipping over it because it's a cover and I wanted to try to get more original songs in the mix. But since it's here, I'll go ahead and 2nd it.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

One of the few Meat Loaf songs that I really like that wasn't written by Jim Steinman.

Meat Loaf - Not a Dry Eye in the House (1995)

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Sonic Youth - Little Trouble Girl (1995)

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Seal - Kiss From A Rose (1995)

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    The Prodigy - Breathe (1996)
    2ND

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I couldn't walk past a radio without hearing it every 5 minutes either.... A lot of radios got smashed back then! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post

I love Titanic. I bought the 3-disc box set and watched all the bonus features and listened to all the commentaries.

I've always been crushed on Kate Winslet. I love her boobies.

Whenever I think about this song, I think of Kate Winslet's boobies.

I'm thinking about Kate Winslet's boobies right now!!

Seconded!

FFS! Somebody make the nightmare stop!!! LOL! LOL!

One thing I thought would be fun would be to give all "active participants" one nuke button. Not per thread, but one for the contest. One song you just hate so much you could nuke it from orbit. There are a couple of songs I just hate with a passion. Two I can think of for sure are million-sellers but neither has been nominated so far (thank god). However, I don't know how you could determine who was active enough to get that privilege, as opposed to the person who posted once or twice zapping a song out of the contest. But it's fun to think about!
    Can I second this idea? LOL! LOL!

Worst Song Ever Tournament?

Country
    Country Flag

If we do one, that'll reach the final for sure!!!

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, guys, the boobies won out.

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, guys, the boobies won out.
    I think your idea of a "nuke" is spectacular....

Hey, at least I haven't nominated Achy Breaky Heart. yet...

K-Ci & JoJo - All My Life (1998)

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Blackstreet - No Diggity (1996)
    Seconded.
    The beat in this one is infectious, and once the song is in my brain, it sticks for days. In a good way.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    I like "My Heart Will Go One" a lot

Country
    Country Flag

Madonna - Beautiful Stranger (1999)

Country
    Country Flag

Seal - Kiss From A Rose (1995)
    Seconded

I like "My Heart Will Go One" a lot
    I actually did not have that one in mind when I wrote that nor any other particular songs. What T-Dogz_AK47 posted about a "nuke" was what got my mind rolling towards another tournament for worst/bad songs in general. I don't hate that song but it is one that seems to greatly annoy some people. I have also seen people take great comfort from that song as well. I remember seeing an abuse victim on a TV show relying on that song to help her through recovery. No, I would not "nuke" that one. After reading about the schedule for this tournament it was also kinda funny to me. Like the last thing you would want is to think about is doing another music tournament before this one is through. I would totally win that tournament.

And also, divemaster, what are the two million-sellers you would "nuke" as mentioned above?

Country
    Country Flag

And we are now at the halfway point here with 56 seconded tracks!

Madonna - Beautiful Stranger (1999)
    2ND

Country
    Country Flag

Rather surprised this one hasn't been mentioned yet....

Madonna - Don't Cry For Me Argentina (1996)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast