Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Music - Nomination & Discussion Thread #11 (1995-1999)

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Weird Al Yankovic - Amish Paradise (1996)
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Everything But the Girl - Missing (Todd Terry Club Mix) (1995)
    2nd
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Natalie Merchant - Carnival (1995)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Suzanne Vega - Headshots (1996)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    2nd
    Thanks for seconding this, I love this one so much. I believe this is our first remix in the tournament.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

2nd
    Thanks for seconding this, I love this one so much. I believe this is our first remix in the tournament.

Pablo knows what the prefix is, he gets chips to breathe on remixes.

Fa shizzle.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post

The Atomic Fireballs -- Man with the Hex (1999)

I like this one a lot, so I may second this soon if no one else does, and I have a couple more tracks in a similar vein to nominate as well.
    Ok, I've got one more for this time period, in a similar style. I look forward to yours as well.

The Atomic Fireballs -- Swing, Sweet Pussycat (1999)

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Natalie Merchant - Carnival (1995)
    Seconded

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Nine Inch Nails/ Aphex Twin - At the Heart of it All (1995)

This song is credited to Nine Inch Nails (on their remix album Further Down the Spiral) but it is actually entirely produced and written by Aphex Twin (who is given credit on the liner notes).

excellent song either way!

Country
    Country Flag

This is one of the saddest (and most beautiful) songs ever:

Elliott Smith - Miss Misery (1997)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    System of a Down - Sugar (1998)

Music Video
    2ND

Country
    Country Flag

That wouldn't be my first choice for a SOAD song

2nd
    It's the only version of the song I'm familiar with. I just now listened to the original.

Toni Braxton - Un-Break My Heart (1996)

Country
    Country Flag

Toni Braxton - Un-Break My Heart (1996)
    Seconded

The Smashing Pumpkins - Bullet with Butterfly Wings (1995)

What would be?

Country
    Country Flag

Primus - Southbound Pachyderm (1995)

Country
    Country Flag

What would be?
    Well, it wouldn't be in this time period.

I almost forgot about this song. I found it researching songs for the 2000's. Didn't realize it was a 90's song.

Everlast - What It's Like (1998)

Tool - Hooker with a Penis (1996)

Country
    Country Flag

The Chemical Brothers - Block Rockin' Beats (1997)

2nd

Oddly enough, I don't really like Billy Corgan as a person. I like quite a few Smashing Pumpkin songs though.

2nd

Oddly enough, I don't really like Billy Corgan as a person. I like quite a few Smashing Pumpkin songs though.
    Yeah, Billy has kind of went nuts these last few years but Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness is an undeniable masterpiece. And he wrote most of it, music and all. I love every song on there with maybe the exception of that James Iha song.

The Chemical Brothers - Block Rockin' Beats (1997)
    I missed a Physics exam to go see them live in Washington back in college. So worth it!

2ND

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast