Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Haven Fundraiser Auction #4-The Bachman Books Custom Bound-Original Art

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default 2016 Haven Fundraiser Auction #4-The Bachman Books Custom Bound-Original Art

AUCTION LINK

TheDarkTower.org is proud to be the EXCLUSIVE site to auction this new, unique and fine Collectible item.
    For your consideration is Custom bound First Trade Edition 1st. Printing of Stephen King's The Bachman Books.
    Renowned artists Glenn Chadbourne, Ned Dameron, Les Edwards, and Darek Kocurek have each done an original signed art piece that was bound into the book.

Book features:

Full fine leather binding
    Faux suede slipcase with pull ribbon
    Hand marbled endpapers
    "Blood" spray page block
    Four original pieces of art
    Velum bound in before each art piece
    Sown binding
    Raised hubs with bronze accents and stitching
    Limitation page at end of book

100% of the net proceeds of this auction go to:

The Haven Foundation. Originally founded by Stephen King, The Haven Foundation is a national, non-profit organization making grants to freelance writers and artists experiencing career-threatening illness, accident, natural disaster or other emergency or personal catastrophe.

Thanks to David Williamson from Betts Books, Merlin1958, Glenn Chadbourne, Ned Dameron, Les Edwards, and Darek Kocurek for making this possible.

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Wow! Very nice piece

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

The next Bachman Book to be auctioned will have SK's sig? Awesome!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Many months ago I tried to think of what hasn't been done, or likely wouldn't be done by mainstream or small presses. With all of the Anniversary editions out there, the choices and prices can be daunting.
    It occurred to me that based upon King's decision to not allow Rage to be newly printed, The Bachman Books would be an interesting book to have custom bound. As I thought about it, it seemed important to do two books with different art, but matching externally with only subtle differences.

Initially we wanted 8 artists to do an original piece for one story. Do to time constraints and previous commitments; a few artists declined (although they graciously contributed a different work for our fundraiser). We asked the artists to choose a story they would most like to create a piece for.

Whether you like the project or not, please know that significant effort went into the project (mostly by the artists). I was/am fortunate enough to have found a book binder that does phenomenal work at a reasonable price.

The books are intended to be "twins" of each other. Not identical, but fraternal twins, much like Stephen King and Richard Bachman are "twins".

If you were to hold these books, as a collector and fine binding/art appreciator, I know you would be impressed.

I've held them both, and never want to let them go, but understand that like children who become adults, the books HAVE to go out into the big world.

IMO individually, either one is impressive, but it would be best (but not crucial) if they ended up paired.

Sorry if the post seems a bit maudlin, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by at_one View Post
    Who said that?

Spoiler:

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Who said that?

Spoiler:
    I assume you are joking. I read this in the photo on the listing. Great book, BTW. Thanks, Jerome and Bill!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Who said that?

Spoiler:
    I assume you are joking. I read this in the photo on the listing. Great book, BTW. Thanks, Jerome and Bill!
    Thus the emoticon ¿

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I contemplated not posting the limitation page, but that didn't seem fair to members.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, I don't always catch on right away.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Book looks good and I wish the best but i will be passing. Good luck to the winner!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

It occurred to me that if the Haven Foundation would issue a "receipt" for the purchase price of any of these auctions then you would raise a lot more money. At least, I know I would pay more if I could "write off" the value delta between the purchase price and the book value. Not sure if that works or not, but seems legit as long as you offset the purchase price by the book value you received by purchasing it on your taxes.

The delta is the charitable donation to The Haven Fund, but you would need a receipt at least for the purchase price from them (and EBay receipt is going to look weird is why).

Just a thought...

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am just in awe, Jerome. I'm sure it will go way beyond my price point, but is truly an amazing book. You have outdone yourself!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CurtSeattle View Post
    It occurred to me that if the Haven Foundation would issue a "receipt" for the purchase price of any of these auctions then you would raise a lot more money. At least, I know I would pay more if I could "write off" the value delta between the purchase price and the book value. Not sure if that works or not, but seems legit as long as you offset the purchase price by the book value you received by purchasing it on your taxes.

The delta is the charitable donation to The Haven Fund, but you would need a receipt at least for the purchase price from them (and EBay receipt is going to look weird is why).

Just a thought...
    Keep in mind that our Fundraiser donates the proceeds to The Haven Foundation.
    I'm not a tax accountant, so please check with your income tax preparer/accountant, but in general what you legitimately donate to our Fundraiser (less than $500) is not a tax worry. If you have other tax worries, the donation may be scrutinized, but legit is legit.
    AGAIN-your tax issues may vary, but a bonafide donation is that-bonafide.

Auction items are a bit different than straight donations.
    In most instances, the auction price is the presumed value, and thus (for the winner) NOT tax deducible.

REPEAT-I'm not your tax attorney/accountant and can not offer legal advice; just an internet opinion.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

It looks fantastic! Truly one of a kind.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Woo highest bidder! Whoever out bids me I will force to enter The Long Walk!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

limitation page... not sure about it the more I look at it. Any other thoughts?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

^ I got no problems with it, though it'd be a shame to win one and not the other, and just know that the other copy is signed LOL.

Also I was wondering, Jerome, not necessarily with this auction, though I may throw my hat in the ring I doubt it will stay within my means, would you be willing to ship to Canada on items I bid on? LOL

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    ^ I got no problems with it, though it'd be a shame to win one and not the other, and just know that the other copy is signed LOL.

Also I was wondering, Jerome, not necessarily with this auction, though I may throw my hat in the ring I doubt it will stay within my means, would you be willing to ship to Canada on items I bid on? LOL
    You just need to contact him and make other arrangements for s/h to Canada. I don't believe its a problem, just more expensive to ship to Canada

I'd like to take a moment here and offer my humble thanks for the immortalization bestowed upon me on the limitation page of this edition. I had no idea what so ever that this was being done by, Jerome and I am honored and humbled by the gesture. My sincere thanks to, Jerome and to everyone here that has supported the HF over the years. I find myself at a loss of words to express my appreciation.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

18 hours remaining and over $500. Looking forward to seeing how this charity auction item ends up.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    18 hours remaining and over $500. Looking forward to seeing how this charity auction item ends up.
    About time you showed up for work!!! LOL J/K LOL

I don't "Do" the hawking anymore. It's up to others to do or not. LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll be certainly disappointed and damn near ashamed if this book doesn't fetch at least $800.

Someone please "want it".
    If the winner of this and the companion book is from the site (the same member wins both auctions) I will toss in a few cool extras. You have to win them both to get the cool "extras".

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I won the first one...sorry ikt did not go over $800...I did provide the book itself in the first place!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    I won the first one...sorry ikt did not go over $800...I did provide the book itself in the first place!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats David!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast