Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Book List

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

2016:
    1. The Colorado Kid - Stephen King 3/5
    2. The Fall of Hyperion -Dan Simmons 4/5
    3. The Wolves of the Calla - Stephen King 3.99/5
    4. Horns - Joe Hill 4.5/5

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Glad you enjoyed Horns. I thought it was a great book.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I'm trying which of Hill's books I want to read next. I started NOS4A2 about 2 years ago then had to move and never finished. Can't really remember it but was thinking Heart Shaped Box.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I'm trying which of Hill's books I want to read next. I started NOS4A2 about 2 years ago then had to move and never finished. Can't really remember it but was thinking Heart Shaped Box.
    That reminds me that I started Heart Shaped Box and never finished it. I need to jump back into it soon.
    Let me know if NOS4A2 is good.

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

1. REBEL WITHOUT A CREW- Robert Rodriguez
    2. LEMONS NEVER LIE- Donald Westlake (re-read)
    3. THE WAR OF ART- Stephen Pressfield
    4. THE SIMPLE ART OF MURDER- Raymond Chandler
    5. THE AXE- Donald Westlake
    6. CARO'S FUNDAMENTAL SECRETS OF WINNING POKER- Mike Caro
    7. HOW TO MAKE MILLIONS WITH YOUR IDEAS- Dan S. Kennedy
    8. THE RED RIGHT HAND- Joel Townsley Rogers
    9. 361- Donald Westlake
    10. THE STREET LAWYER- John Grisham
    11. THE BLACKBIRD- Donald Westlake
    12. THE POWER OF HABIT- Charles Duhigg

POH was a great read; I'd recommend it to just about anyone, but especially to people looking to make significant changes in their lives. Duhigg is masterful at using stories to illustrate scientific underpinnings.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

That reminds me that I started Heart Shaped Box and never finished it. I need to jump back into it soon.
    I'd recommend Heart Shaped Box over NOS4A2. And it's funny because I started Horns a few years ago and never finished it. I'll have to go back soon and read it. Also have you guys read 20th Century Ghosts? That's easily my favorite Joe Hill book.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I'd recommend Heart Shaped Box over NOS4A2. And it's funny because I started Horns a few years ago and never finished it. I'll have to go back soon and read it. Also have you guys read 20th Century Ghosts? That's easily my favorite Joe Hill book.
    I tried 20th century ghosts but I'm just not a short story fan so I ended up putting it down. I might try again at a later date though

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Normally I'm not a huge short story fan as well, but that one I really enjoyed. Pop Art is probably my favorite short story ever.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post

I had a hard time really getting into Horns at first. It felt so heavy and I just hated all of the people. I guess it took me getting to a certain point in the story before being hooked and feeling completely invested in the story. It pulled the rug out from under me, to be honest.
    I tried reading 20th Century Ghosts a while back, but couldn't get into it.

I tried 20th century ghosts but I'm just not a short story fan so I ended up putting it down. I might try again at a later date though
    I should give it another go one day. I don't know though. It just seemed so dark and disturbing for me, rather than scary.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

2012 List
    2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List

1. Feverborn - Karen Marie Moning
    2. The Dirt on Ninth Grave - Darynda Jones
    3. The Fox and the Star - Coralie Bickford-Smith
    4. The Quick - Lauren Owen
    5. Prince of Fools - Mark Lawrence
    6. Skin - Patrick Logan

Currently Reading:
    The Desert Spear - Peter V. Brett
    Armada - Ernest Cline
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

2012 List
    2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List

6. Skin - Patrick Logan
    7. Armada - Ernest Cline

Currently Reading:

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Novels
    1. Fall of Hyperion - Dan Simmons

Graphic Novels
    1. Preacher, Book 4
    2. Preacher, Book 5
    3. Injection, Vol. 1

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    2012 List
    2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List

6. Skin - Patrick Logan
    7. Armada - Ernest Cline

Currently Reading:
    How was Armada?

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

2016:
    1. The Colorado Kid - Stephen King 3/5
    2. The Fall of Hyperion -Dan Simmons 4/5
    3. The Wolves of the Calla - Stephen King 3.99/5
    5. Song of Susannah 3/5

Country
    Country Flag

It was ok but not the level of RP1. It's a bit like The Last Starfighter mashed up with another story (that would give away the ending). I gave it 3 stars on Goodreads.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

2011 List
    2012 List
    2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List

2016 List:

1. Swerve - Vicki Pettersson
    2. Run - Blake Crouch
    3. The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving a F*ck - Sarah Knight
    4. Invasion of the Body Snatchers - Jack Finney (currently reading)
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

1. The Wonderful Wizard of Oz - L. Frank Baum - (3)
    2. Dune - Frank Herbert - (4)
    3. Bazaar of Bad Dreams - (4)
    4. The Time Machine - H.G. Wells (3)
    Sloth Love Chunk

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

my list is short so far as i took a break from reading for a few months. for this year?

1. A Spell for Chameleon: Piers Anthony. Technically i started it last year at some point, i forget when and i lost interest in it and start reading "The Pusher" by Ed Mcbain a book i haven't finished yet either. i think i got burnt out by reading at that point so i stopped. so last week i picked up on a whim A Spell For Chameleon and finished it, i only had like i said elsewhere like 67 pages i think? i had only 3 chapters left so i finished it. and i'd count the one i'm reading now which is From Potters Field by Patrica Cornwell but i'm only #110 pages into it. and i'm not done with it so i can't count it just yet.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

1. Gene Wolfe - The Wolfe Archipelago
    2. T.E.D. Klein - Reassuring Tales
    3. Robert A. Heinlein - Time for the Stars
    4. Robert A. Heinlein - The Man Who Sold the Moon
    5. Ray Bradbury - From the Dust Returned
    6. Philip K. Dick - Dr. Futurity
    7. Arthur C. Clarke - The Fountains of Paradise
    8. Stephen King - It
    9. Ray Bradbury - Somewhere a Band Is Playing
    10. George R.R. Martin - Nightflyers
    11. Stephen King - The Shining

12. Edward Lee - Header
    13. China Mieville - This Census-Taker
    14. Tim Powers - Medusa's Web
    15. Ray Bradbury - Leviathan '99
    16. Gene Wolfe - Peace
    17. Alfred Bester - The Stars My Destination
    18. Dan Simmons - The Hollow Man
    19. Stephen King - Cujo
    20. David J. Schow - Black Leather Required

21. Cixin Liu - The Dark Forest
    22. Brian Hodge & Gerard Houarner - Dark City: A Novella Collection

1. Frank Miller & Geoff Darrow - The Big Guy and Rusty the Boy Robot
    2. Frank Miller - 300
    3. Alan Moore - Tomorrow Stories vol.1
    4. Lob & Druillet - Lone Sloane 2: Delirius
    5. Robert Kirkman - The Walking Dead vol. 17: Something to Fear
    6. Katsuniro Otomo - Akira vol. 2
    7. Katsuniro Otomo - Akira vol. 3
    8. Neil Gaiman - Violent Cases
    9. Robert Kirkman - The Walking Dead vol. 18: What Comes After
    10. Robert Kirkman - The Walking Dead vol. 19: March to War
    11. Robert Kirkman - The Walking Dead vol. 20: All Out War part 1
    12. Robert Kirkman - The Walking Dead vol. 21: All Out Wart part 2
    13. Hajime Isayama - Attack on Titan vol. 1
    14. Hajime Isayama - Attack on Titan vol. 2
    15. Hajime Isayama - Attack on Titan vol. 3
    16. Grant Morrison - Seven Soldiers of Victory Vol. 1
    17. Grant Morrison - Seven Soldiers of Victory Vol. 2
    18. Grant Morrison - Seven Soldiers of Victory Vol. 3
    19. Jeff Lemire - Justice League United Vol. 1: Justice League Canada
    20. Hajime Isayama - Attack on Titan vol. 4
    21. Hajime Isayama - Attack on Titan vol. 5
    22. Rick Remender - Black Science vol. 3: Vanishing Pattern
    23. Robert Kirkman - The Walking Dead vol. 22: A New Beginning
    24. Robert Kirkman - The Walking Dead vol. 23: Whispers Into Screams
    25. Robert Kirkman - The Walking Dead vol. 24: Life And Death
    26. Grant Morrison - Batman Incorporated vol. 2: Gotham's Most Wanted
    27. Grant Morrison - Seven Soldiers of Victory vol. 4
    28. Grant Morrison - Seven Soldiers of Victory vol. 5

29. Hajime Isayama - Attack on Titan vol. 6
    30. Hajime Isayama - Attack on Titan vol. 7
    31. Hajime Isayama - Attack on Titan vol. 8
    32. Hajime Isayama - Attack on Titan vol. 9
    33. Hajime Isayama - Attack on Titan vol. 10
    34. Kazuo Koike - Samurai Executioner Volume 1: When the Demon Knife Weeps
    35. Kazuo Koike - Samurai Executioner Volume 2: Two Bodies, Two Minds
    36. Kazuo Koike - Samurai Executioner Volume 3: The Hell Stick
    37. Timothy Zahn - Star Wars: Mara Jade: By the Emperor's Hand
    38. Steve Perry - Star Wars - Shadows of the Empire: Evolution
    39. Greg Rucka - Star Wars: Shattered Empire
    40. Mark Waid - Star Wars: Princes Leia

Country
    Country Flag

2012 List
    2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List

6. Skin - Patrick Logan
    7. Armada - Ernest Cline
    8. Morning Star - Pierce Brown

Currently Reading:

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

1. Bird Box - Josh Malerman
    2. Lost Girl - Adam Nevill
    3. Beacon 23 - Hugh Howey

Currently reading:
    Replay - Ken Grimwood

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    This sounds amazing.

1. The House at Tyneford - Natasha Solomons (audio)
    2. Game of Thrones - George R.R. Martin (audio)
    3. A Clash of Kings - George R.R. Martin (audio)
    4. A Storm of Swords - George R.R. Martin (audio)
    5. A Feast for Crows - George R.R. Martin (currently listening to)
    6. Sand - Hugh Howey (currently reading)

I've been struggling with Sand. I've been reading it forever. If I don't finish soon, I might just call it a loss and start reading something else.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    This sounds amazing.

It's the book I sent you a photo of awhile back when I was in B&N. I ended up buying it and it's amazing. It was pretty much written for us (and maybe BY us?).
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Oh, that's right! I do remember you sending the picture of it. Maybe it's written by the versions of us on a different level of the tower?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast