Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Royal Rock and Roll Song Game

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Royal Rock and Roll Song Game

Rock n Roll Song Game

So this has been a topic of discussion among many.

The rules are loose and subject to future interpretation and modification.

My point is... this is not MY thread… it is OUR thread.

We can make rules when we wish as long as we agree
    I propose something akin to “The Rock n Roll Song Game

But I want a twist of some sort…this is to be the “professional Rock n Roll Song Game

This should expand your Mind and your search engine!!
    Give us parameters such as …. “Songs with colors in the title…. Songs with an animal…
    Wide open!!
    I propose that a given song of concept may lay dormant for no more than 97 hours… then a new theme is open. It is open to the next member to post…wide open.
    We are open to rule changes by anyone.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll start this with..

Da Doo Ron Ron (When He Walked Me Home)

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Then just give me responses... and maybe someone will ask for, in about 4 days.... "songs with a saxophone."

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I'll start this with..

Da Doo Ron Ron (When He Walked Me Home)
    But, wait. What's the first "theme" then? I'm confused.

I mean, should I take your first post "Da Doo Ron Ron (When He Walked Me Home)" and respond with something such as....

Homeward Bound ?

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I am sorry. I was looking for parenthetical titles. LOL I screwed up.

But let's throw that out. GSD...give us a theme since I would likely fuck it up again.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

No no. Parenthetical title theme is fine!
    Just to be clear on the rules in here, are we doing the same song begins with the last letter of the previous post rule?

Excuse Me (I Think I've Got a Heartache)

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Just to be clear on the rules in here, are we doing the same song begins with the last letter of the previous post rule?

Well...I left that out of the rules on purpose. I think we should discuss that. This is not MY thread nor MY game.

Just to review the guidelines Bill put out for the RR song game...

" Utilize the last letter in the song title to become the first letter in a new song title. "S" is ignored in the plural tense. "The" does not count as well. Band name is required. English language only""

I am fine with that rule...except SOMEONE left me with an "E." *looks at GSD* *Rolls eyes*

I'll go along for now but I'd like other opinions.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

(Everything I Do) I Do It For You -Bryan Adams

Parenthesis at the BEGINNING of the title....ain't I something? LOL

That is pretty messed up that my very first post left off on an E. Sorry.

Undone (The Sweater Song)

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Lets have a new... parameter.

I'll return in a bit and think one up unless someone else has one. (PPplllleeeaaasee!)

But I WILL keep with the letter GSD left off with..."G."
    Last edited by Jon; 08-04-2016 at 06:38 PM.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok... for the next 72 hours only.

Songs with pleas/requests ...Beginning with the "G"...

Gimme Shelter - The Rolling Stones

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Morris Day & The Motherfucking Time!!!

"G Money"??? The greatest band of all TIME!!!

Spoiler:

My 'Royal" seal!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Rape Me - Nirvana
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Like my sister...this is wide open!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL I only clicked in to hear "Jungle Love"!!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Per Jon's suggestion, copied from the R&R song game thread....

Just for a change of pace, I wanted to add this as an option. See if it catches on.
    To start, I will provide you with a word. You must then provide a line from a song that contains that word. You can also include the song title and artist if you wish.

For example, I could say "window".
    You could come back with "sunshine came softly through my window today".
    Sunshine Superman by Donovan
    It is then up to you to come up with the next word.

First word "highway"
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Audioslave - I Am The Highway

"I am not your rolling wheels – I am the highway.
    I am not your carpet ride – I am the sky."

Lyrics

Video of live performance

Garden

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

...You're my blue sky, you're my sunny day...

Blue Sky
    -The Allman Brothers Band
    Spoiler:

or is my word garden?
    if so

...I wanna run through your wicked garden,
    heard that's the place to find you...

Wicked Garden
    -Stone Temple Pilots
    Spoiler:

Country
    Country Flag

Yes the word was garden.

I see what you did there, posting a video with the lyrics. Good idea. (I just love live music though.)

So now you have to give us another word.

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

DAY

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    DAY
    "..Long Gone Day. Mmmmm, who ever said we wash away with the rain..."

Long Gone Day
    ~Mad Season

Spoiler:

(Also, I'm posting from [coughs] work and I don't have sound, so I apologize if my video posts are crappy quality. )

Next word: DOOR

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

"I see a red door and I want it painted black"
    Paint It Black
    Rolling Stones

Next Word: STRANGER
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

"People are strange when you're a stranger,
    faces look ugly when you're alone..."

People Are Strange
    -The Doors
    Spoiler:

DOWN

"Down on the corner, out in the street Willy and the Poorboys are playin' Bring a nickel; tap your feet"
    Down On The Corner
    CCR

Next Word: SOUL

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast