Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Merlin's Haven Fund Music Video Tournament

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Merlin's Haven Fund Music Video Tournament

Meaning no disrespect in any way to the tight and well run tournament, Pablo has put together and is doing an absolutely wonderful job with, this thread is for the BEST 50 music video's and has no year or time restrictions. You post your favorite songs, I'll decide if they are worthy or not and the member who posts the number 1 video, IMHO will receive a $100 donation to the HF in their name. That will garner you 10 entries in the Grand Prize drawing.

My money, my decision, but it could be some fun and a nice prize at the end. The BEST video (IMHO) will win so "live" or "studio" is up to you. I'll start with one we seem to have missed in the official tournament.

I reserve the right to call upon consultants for voting. This thread has no bearing whatsoever on the "Official" tournament, Pablo is conducting and is just a lark for the HF. Have some fun with it folks.

Spoiler:
    Tim, you need not apply!!! LOL LOL LOL

Entries......

Fatboy Slim -- Weapon of Choice
    ZZ Top - Gimme All Your Lovin'
    Thriller - Micheal Jackson
    Aerosmith -- Dude Looks Like a Lady
    Van Halen - Hot for Teacher
    Molly Hatchet - Flirting with disaster
    Aerosmith -Crazy (1994)
    Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars - Uptown Funk
    Motley Crue - Girls, Girls, Girls
    California Girls [HD] - David Lee Roth
    Morris Day and The Time - Jungle Love
    David Bowie - Heroes
    The Kinks - Lola (Merlin)
    AC/DC - If you want Blood (Merlin)
    Rolling Stones - Sympathy for the Devil (Merlin)
    David Bowie - Underground (Merlin)
    Prince, Tom Petty, Steve Winwood, Jeff Lynne, Dhani Harrison and others -- "While My Guitar Gently Weeps"
    Metallica - Enter Sandman
    Ted Nugent - Stranglehold
    Dire Straits & Eric Clapton - Sultans Of Swing
    Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen
    Cream - Sunshine of your Love
    Aerosmith - Sweet Emotion
    Aerosmith - Walk This Way (Original not DMC)
    Dire Straits - Money For Nothing
    The Beatles - Hey Jude
    Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb
    William Shatner - Rocket Man
    Aerosmith - Train Kept a Rollin'
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Best video? Or best song?

If the video is the key, I'll nominate:

Fatboy Slim -- Weapon of Choice

..it's got freakin' CHRISTOPHER WALKEN and how cool is that?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Strong entry indeed!!!! Video is the key to this contest.

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I defy anyone to find a better video than this one.... And it's in HD!!! LOL!

ZZ Top - Gimme All Your Lovin' (1983)

Best video that.... Guaranteed!!!!

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Now I have a boner.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Now I have a boner.

Me too!! LOL LOL Okay, Tim you have partially redeemed yourself, but I'm watching you!!! LOL LOL

Spoiler:
    Damn!!! I came too soon!!! LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, but a boner goes away, while Christopher Walken is cool forever.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Christopher Walken, you lose one point!!! LOL LOL No fair editing after the fact!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Best video is easy.

Thriller

The song is good but it's the video that really makes it. I remember when I was a kid my parents were on a Friday night bowling league. They'd leave me with a babysitter and she let me stay up late to watch this all the time.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Best video is easy.

Thriller

The song is good but it's the video that really makes it. I remember when I was a kid my parents were on a Friday night bowling league. They'd leave me with a babysitter and she let me stay up late to watch this all the time.

Also a very strong entry!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Christopher Walken, you lose one point!!! LOL LOL No fair editing after the fact!!! LOL LOL

I missed the pre-edit... Did he say "Christopher WalkeR" is cool forever? That being the case, I must humbly agree...

Chris
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

I missed the pre-edit... Did he say "Christopher WalkeR" is cool forever? That being the case, I must humbly agree...

Chris

OMG A Red Sux fan!!! All is lost!!! LOL LOL

Yes, originally he did!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just hit replay, and.... Bingo! There's that boner again! LOL! LOL!

No matter how cool Christopher Walken is, a hot chick and more importantly... That hot chick, will trump any man. In any video. Anytime. LOL!

Country
    Country Flag

Geeze, I caught it like 5 seconds after posting and corrected my TYPO before Bill even posted.

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Yes, a Red Sox fan who, from what I understand, will need to do something a wee bit embarrasing on this forum in the very near future.... perhaps as soon as Monday according to the tracking number.....

"Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Geeze, I caught it like 5 seconds after posting and corrected my TYPO before Bill even posted.

I can be remarkably alert at times!!!! LOL LOL

More entries!!!!

Remember, you can win 10 entries into the Grand Prize Drawing for this years signed King book!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Given Bill's interest in transvestite songs, here you go:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Given Bill's interest in transvestite songs, here you go:

LOL LOL Okay, we're moving on here. C'mon, you guys have nothing? LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

It's Kylie... And she's spinning around.... In gold mini lamé hotpants!!!!

Kylie Minogue - Spinning Around (2000)

Beat that! LOL! LOL!

Country
    Country Flag

No go in the U.S.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

A gorgeous video....

George Michael - Freedom '90

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Nine Inch Nails - Closer

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    It's Kylie... And she's spinning around.... In gold mini lamé hotpants!!!!

Beat that! LOL! LOL!
    No go in the U.S.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    A gorgeous video....

George Michael - Freedom '90

You guys really don't know what I like by now? LOL LOL George Micheal???? LOL LOL

Maybe I can win the Grand Prize this year!!! LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I guess if you want a video with lots of T&A, there's pretty much an unlimited number to choose from. If you are looking for a video that's really unique, try this one. It's literally one long continuous shot:

OK Go

Here's another one where the song is pretty good, but watching it with the video gives it much more "feeling".

Johnny Cash - Hurt
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

No go in the U.S.
    Shit.

Try this one instead....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast