9 20.93%
  • Simon & Schuster 3 Pack (MM, FK, EOW)

11 25.58%
  • Other-Describe

5 11.63%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Which would you prefer to win?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Which would you prefer to win?

Non-binding poll.
    If you won this years Grand Prize, which book would you prefer be inscribed to you?

Keep in mind that the winner can not submit their own book (too much liability, one year a book was lost).

S&S 3 pack:

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My 1st of IT.... Always a dream of mine...

Edit: sorry one of Kings 1st's of IT since you cannot send your own in.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Non-binding poll.
    If you won this years Grand Prize, which book would you prefer be inscribed to you?

Keep in mind that the winner can not submit their own book (too much liability, one year a book was lost).
    The Caretakers by Tabitha King

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I will go with his newest at the time, End of Watch.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Non-binding poll.

The Caretakers by Tabitha King

Good thing it's non-binding. If you actually won, you might change your mind.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Non-binding poll.

If I won (which is highly unlikely), I would like to ask for one of my CD Artist Editions to be inscribed. Although I fully understand the reason why we cannot submit our own books, I would however be prepared to take full responsibility for the book's potential loss or damage, in the event that I won and could submit my own book to be inscribed. I would also be prepared to bear the brunt of the international postage costs associated in sending King one of my books....

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm always open to new ideas. A CD artist edition is one thing to consider for submission (if lost a replacement could be obtained at a reasonable cost), but if a Grand Prize winner wanted to submit an irreplaceable item it would be a great risk, but also a great reward.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm always open to new ideas. A CD artist edition is one thing to consider for submission (if lost a replacement could be obtained at a reasonable cost), but if a Grand Prize winner wanted to submit an irreplaceable item it would be a great risk, but also a great reward.
    I would have no issue sending a 1st IT... If it's lost... I'm out $50-75 bucks.. Worth the risk to me...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Having one of my own books inscribed. Yes, it's a risk, but 1st editions (of most books) or Gift Editions are easy to replace if accidentally lost.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it is too early for a poll.

Today my answer would be TBOBD based on my assumption of no signing for that title.....and the uncertainty of a signing for EOW.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I voted for The Bazaar of Bad Dreams as long as it's a signed copy.

John

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I think it is too early for a poll.

Today my answer would be TBOBD based on my assumption of no signing for that title.....and the uncertainty of a signing for EOW.
    That's why it is non-binding (for the Fundraiser and for members). Just a bit of fun.
    I'll edit the poll to indicate it's only active for 10 days and will be archived.
    Pretty boring with no King signing in the offing so we have to create our own fun.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd love to go for a book of our signed, at our expense/risk, but I understand that it might not be something that is feasible, and if that were the case I'd probably vote for the Bazaar of Bad Dreams.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I voted for the trilogy once I confirmed that they are hardcovers.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

End of Watch for me.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Seems to me that there should be a decent chance of a signing for EOW. It being the final book and all. JMHO I voted BOBD.

Spoiler:
    Oh, and since I am FINALLY going to win this year my opinion counts twice!!!! LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, BOBD. Just because...!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Scribner lists the box as hardcover, see the thread for End of Watch over at The Oracle.

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I would have to say a 1st/1st of IT as well, if the rules would be changed. I know that I would eat the $50-$75 if the book were to get lost. I also like the idea of the Artist Editions. I know it has happened once in the past but I would think the chances of another book getting lost would be pretty slim.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Scribner lists the box as hardcover, see the thread for End of Watch over at The Oracle.
    Will do. Thanks, Pablo.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I would love to have my UK Tommyknockers signed. That would be cool. I suppose I would sacrifice it to the postal service if they chose to lose it. They could put it with my other stuff that has disappeared en route.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

It is always possible to sign a waiver that says if the Post office loses it you are out of luck so that no party is at fault and a risk on your own part...

or you could just say no personal books. That works too

Gunslinger Apprentice Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For me, Deadzone, I bought it in a newsagent in Thailand. I was on holiday with my girlfriend. We were working in 5 star hotels in Dubai. I met her there. It was a dreadful holiday, we fought every day. I sat by the pool drinking pina coladas with my head in the book. Best part of the 10k holiday was that $5 book. My only happy escape. Read it in one sitting.
    The other one would be "on Writing" which I found incredibly informative and inspiring. I was single by then, living in a company provided studio apartment. I could turn my tv on with my toe from bed. Sadly, when it came on, I only had Indian MTV or Arabic news. You can only watch fat Indian guys with bushy mustaches dance in bright shirts for so long before you wish Pennywise upon them.
    This brings me to It. The first I ever read, in the back of chemistry in grade 9(14-15 yr old)
    Any of the above, or The Stand, or Gunslinger...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It wasn't a poll option, but I'd love to hear thoughts on a King inscribed "Lettered" (the unsigned version donated by PS Pubishing).
    King only signed 26, and to my knowledge never inscribed one.
    That could be the absolute rarest of the rare.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

That would be pretty sweet! I love Thinner. I have a copy of Creepshow I've gotten signed by Tom Savini, Tom Atkins and pretty soon, George Romero. I would LOVE to get that signed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast