Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Movie List

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Becca, what did you think of In the Heart of the Sea?

That's two box office misfires for Ron Howard now. I really enjoyed Rush though.
    I liked it.
    I did too. It was great!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Becca, what did you think of In the Heart of the Sea?

That's two box office misfires for Ron Howard now. I really enjoyed Rush though.
    I liked it.
    I did too. It was great!
    I thought the whales were well done. They looked pretty real to me. Ron did leave out part of the story where they accidentally set fire to one of the islands and caused the extinction of a species of bird and tortoise. At least that's what I read.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List

1. Terminator Genisys
    2. The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
    3. Tristan & Isolde*
    4. In the Heart of the Sea
    5. Pixels
    6. The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water
    7. Good Will Hunting*
    8. Stephen King's A Good Marriage
    9. Skyfall
    10. The Forest
    11. The Revenant (we had a double feature Friday)

*rewatch

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Insidious Chapter 3
    The Revenant

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

How was The Forest Becca?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I was just going to ask that. I've been wanting to see it.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    How was The Forest Becca?
    The whole family enjoyed it. It was creepy but not super scary - more psychological. There were some jump out scares though. The only thing I didn't like was a cheesy effect at the end... don't want to spoil it though.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The Big Short ****
    Our Idiot Brother (RW) ****
    Celeste and Jesse Forever (RW) ****
    The Martian ****
    Crimson Peak ****
    Matilda (RW) *****
    Enemy ****
    The Guest ****
    Mad Max (RW) *****
    The Dark Knight Rises (RW) *****
    The Dark Knight (RW) *****
    Batman Begins (RW) ****
    Before Sunrise (RW).*****
    Before Sunset (RW) *****
    Before Midnight (RW) *****
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List

1. Terminator Genisys
    3. Tristan & Isolde*
    5. Pixels
    7. Good Will Hunting*
    9. Skyfall
    10. The Forest
    12. American Ultra
    13. Mad Max: Fury Road

*rewatch

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The Big Short ****
    Our Idiot Brother (RW) ****
    Celeste and Jesse Forever (RW) ****
    The Martian ****
    Crimson Peak ****
    Matilda (RW) *****
    Enemy ****
    The Guest ****
    Mad Max (RW) *****
    The Dark Knight Rises (RW) *****
    The Dark Knight (RW) *****
    Batman Begins (RW) ****
    Before Sunrise (RW).*****
    Before Sunset (RW) *****
    Before Midnight (RW) *****
    Brooklyn *****
    Carol ****
    Blue Jasmine (RW) *****

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

2015 List

1. American Gigolo
    2. Sabotage
    3. Blindsided
    4. Assassins
    5. Witness
    6. Russel Mulcahy's Tale of the Mummy
    7. Flypaper
    8. Trainwreck
    9. V
    10. V: The Final Battle
    11. Star Trek: The Motion Picture
    12. Stealing Harvard *
    13. An Innocent Man
    14. Curdled
    15. The Forest

*rewatch

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

1. Spotlight
    2. The Big Short
    3. The Revenant

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I can't fucking believe it: I missed the whole year of 2015. So I have no 2015 list. It's sad and somehow terrifying.

2016:

Horror Movies

1. The Visit 4-
    2. June 2
    3. Anguish 3

Films:

1. Room

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

2015 List

1. American Gigolo
    2. Sabotage
    3. Blindsided
    4. Assassins
    5. Witness
    7. Flypaper
    8. Trainwreck
    9. V
    12. Stealing Harvard *
    13. An Innocent Man
    14. Curdled
    15. The Forest
    16. Labyrinth *
    17. Flight Of The Phoenix
    18. Hotel Transylvania 2

*rewatch

Country
    Country Flag

2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List

1. Terminator Genisys
    3. Tristan & Isolde*
    5. Pixels
    7. Good Will Hunting*
    9. Skyfall
    10. The Forest
    12. American Ultra
    13. Mad Max: Fury Road
    14. Labyrinth*
    *rewatch

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I can't fucking believe it: I missed the whole year of 2015. So I have no 2015 list. It's sad and somehow terrifying.

2016:

Horror Movies

1. The Visit 4-
    2. June 2
    3. Anguish 3

Films:

1. Room
    What did you think?

Country
    Country Flag

2015 List

1. American Gigolo
    2. Sabotage
    3. Blindsided
    4. Assassins
    5. Witness
    7. Flypaper
    8. Trainwreck
    9. V
    12. Stealing Harvard *
    13. An Innocent Man
    14. Curdled
    15. The Forest
    16. Labyrinth *
    17. Flight Of The Phoenix (2004)
    18. Hotel Transylvania 2
    19. Inherent Vice
    20. Sixteen Candles *
    21. Fantastic Four (2015)

*rewatch

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

What did you think of Inherent Vice, killjoy?

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope you have seen the 1965 version also?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

2010 List
    2011 List
    2012 List
    2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List

2016 List:

The Hateful Eight
    Wait Until Dark
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    What did you think of Inherent Vice, killjoy?
    I liked it, thought it was pretty good. Stoner comedy meets detective noir- what a combination! Although I have to admit I got a bit lost at times. Deserves a rewatch at some point when I can pay closer attention. I haven't seen many PT Anderson flicks, which I plan to remedy this year.

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    I hope you have seen the 1965 version also?
    Nope. I never heard of either one until I caught the remake on TV. I'll have to check it out too.

2016 List:

The Hateful Eight
    Wait Until Dark[/QUOTE]

What a GREAT MOVIE....One of the BEST jump scares in movie history....If & when you get a chance to see this film see it on the biggest screen & darkest room.

Country
    Country Flag

It's funny. I only saw that lots of people consider that scene one of the best jump scares after I saw the movie and was looking on IMDB. I guess because I've seen so many movies, it didn't have the effect as it might've back then when it was rather new.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

I assume you were sitting in a well lite living room & looking at a T.V. set. Believe me the whole audience JUMPED out of there seats. After my mother got home from seeing it after I had recommended it. Asked if I was trying to kill my DEAR MOTHER?

Country
    Country Flag

I was watching on the big TV, but the lights were off!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast