Given a probable money-problem with a capital B, I'm just hoping that I manage an End of Watch to complete my set, and keep up with the CD & PS preorders. I don't know if I can even manage this, but that is what I'm hanging on to as my goal. A few great deals on minor items may pop up that I can't resist, but most of my major book wants are on hold right now. :\
WANTED FOR 2016
IT: CD Numbered
US 1st Printings. See my Collection Thread post.
FOR TRADE OR SALE
Mr. Mercedes: Signed Trade Paperback-2nd Printing - MAKE AN OFFER!
Fangoria: CD Lettered J
I have some Dan Simmons stuff that you might like. The prices will be very low...not much more than postage. Most of my Simmons books are in boxes somewhere so I'll find what ihave and send you a list. I do see a chapbook on my desk called "Going After the Rubber Chicken." Not sure if it's signed but I'll try to get a note to you in less than a week.
There's still so much to add to this collection before I can be satisfied. With that being said, I'll be looking for some missing lettered/deluxe editions:
1) Danse Macabre
2) My Pretty Pony
3) 'Salem's Lot Black Numeral
5) Colorado Kid 1/33 (Chadbourne and Potter editions -- NO PCs)
6) Skeleton Crew (Presentation Copy)
7) Eyes of the Dragon (both red and black letters)
And looking for additional early first editions (US and UK) in Fine/Fine condition as well as at least 25 "later" UK first editions in the best condition possible. Here are a few that I have in mind:
1) US Shining
2) US IT
3) UK Carrie
4) UK Green Mile
5) UK EOTD
I'll probably sell my remaining proofs (TNLR - 2 versions, Six Stories, Inscribed Green Mile 1-6, etc.) along with some duplicate lettered books (The Stand, Buick 8, etc.). Lofty goals but I really just want to have fun searching for some of the more scarce titles.
Congrats, becca! You're landing some big ones!
"...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury
1) Rage US 1st/1st NF
2) Salems Lot US 1st/1st NF
3) Night Shift US 1st/1st NF
I'd be happy just snagging one of these
I will be collecting many lotto tickets throughout the year in the hopes that one will be a winner
In another (un)reality I wouldn't mind getting a full set of US PB Bachman books.
I also wouldn't mind "collecting" the HF's grand prize this year.
Mine are to complete my 1/1 set. Maybe I'll also go back through and replace some of my ugly copies such as
Night Shift(I have a spare now if anyone needs one)
- Different Seasons
- The Long Walk
- Bachman books (HC)
I really want a COOL ass Wrightson color, and a lettered Green Mile. I think I will be happy if I get either of these!
HELP ME FIND
ANY S/L #459
Reopening thread. Move along.
June already so I searched for my goals. I have to update some since my hunt list was modified a little bit (some items were added, some others deleted).
* One for the road illustrated
* The long walk UK 1st
* The running man UK 1st
* The Plant #1 unsigned
* The Plant #3 unsigned
* At least 1 of the 12 1st fiction appearances' magazines I'm missing. - There were 24 items in total and I got one so far, so I'll change it to 1 out of the 23 I'm missing
* At least 5 of the 13 1st fiction appearances' books I'm missing. This was changed to 19 pieces missing. Now it's 18. I'll keep 5 out 18.
* At least 2 of the 19 promo items I'm after. Two items added to my want list. I'll stick with 2 out of 21.
* At least 3 more 1st edition books signed by King.I got 6 since January.
* At least 2 S/L books I'm missing.I got 4.
* At least 30 of the 145 magazines I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece. I got 26 but expanded the list to 168. So my goal is 40 out of the 168.
* At least 10 of the 33 books I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece. Now I'm looking for 41.
* At least 2 of the 165 newspapers I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece. Now I'm looking for 173
* At least 1 of the two Spanish editions I'm missing. I learnt about a 3rd Spanish book I'm missing.
Since I completed my last Grails list, I'm creating a new one. I'm pretty positive it'll take a lot of time to get these but I'm not aiming to get these in the near future. It'll probably take me several years and that's why I'm considering these grails:
* The Regulators - Lettered edition
* Stories of Suspense
* One copy of The Maine campus with a S. King piece on it.
The girl who loved tom gordon ARC with King's letter
The Plant #1 Unsigned
The Plant #3 Unsigned.
Maximum Overdrive Cardboard truck
I never set out with any goals but this year has already been big (for me)
I got The Stand Limited
Also, I will have a Fire Starter Limited (signed by Michael W as well)
I am probably not done. I would love to get a Regulators, Christine, Skeleton Crew or Eyes of the Dragon. And I am going to put The Talisman in there as well. I obviously won't get all of them this year. But Christine would be awesome to get. We
shall see but this year has already been more than expected
1: pre-order any new limited editions (except PS Lettered, out of my price range) (check, so far)
2: Acquire one Lettered (check, 2 already, and 2 on the way, plus 'Salem's Lot but that was paid for in 2015)
3: one of the following: Stand S/N, It S/N, Centipede Press 'Salem's Lot LE (not achieved, but since I overachieved on #2 will probably roll over to 2017)
4: complete all US releases list at: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...First-Editions. Still need:
a) Colorado Kid, The - Trade HC (
b) Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, The - Pop~up
c) Gunslinger, The (DTI) - Trade HC 2nd Ed.
d) Nightmares In The Sky
e) Stephen King - Trade HC Omnibus
f) Umney's Last Case - PB
g) Battelground ?? (not on the above list, is this a limited edition?)
Already bought the Dark tower 1-3 gift set.
The Stand Lettered Edition
The Stand Traycase
S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter"
US 1st/1st: "'Salem's Lot", "Night Shift"
Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
please help me find any #731 or #431
My full Wanted List