Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Collecting Goals

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    2016 goals.

Finish my flat signed first edition collection

Missing
    My Pretty Pony
    Green Mile Schribner
    Stephen King goes to movies
    TWTTK. Grant edition. Have Schribner
    CoTW hardcover
    Umney's Last Case
    Creepshow
    Let me help you with that Glenn.....I have crossed two off your list that I have decided you do not need.

And I swear to God...If I ever see that Silver Bullet of yours...........
    I have

Grant Dark Tower books all flat signed except TWTTK it says Schribner. OCD sucks. Are you sure? Do i need to take a poll?

Sentinel has SK goes to the movies. I have to have it.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

[QUOTE=tippy4;978571]
    2016 goals.

I love my Silver Bullet. and the cover is bent, and i still love it....

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Given a probable money-problem with a capital B, I'm just hoping that I manage an End of Watch to complete my set, and keep up with the CD & PS preorders. I don't know if I can even manage this, but that is what I'm hanging on to as my goal. A few great deals on minor items may pop up that I can't resist, but most of my major book wants are on hold right now. :\
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    My goals are still modest:
    • A couple early US/UK 1st/1st mass-market paperbacks, especially the Signet Firestarter!
    • Get some more Dan Simmons and other author's 1st/1st trade editions;
    • Perhaps a King S/L (most likely one of the classics, or Six Stories).

Any help with reaching these goals would be much appreciated!
    Michaël,

I have some Dan Simmons stuff that you might like. The prices will be very low...not much more than postage. Most of my Simmons books are in boxes somewhere so I'll find what ihave and send you a list. I do see a chapbook on my desk called "Going After the Rubber Chicken." Not sure if it's signed but I'll try to get a note to you in less than a week.

John

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

There's still so much to add to this collection before I can be satisfied. With that being said, I'll be looking for some missing lettered/deluxe editions:
    1) Danse Macabre
    2) My Pretty Pony
    3) 'Salem's Lot Black Numeral
    4) Cujo
    5) Colorado Kid 1/33 (Chadbourne and Potter editions -- NO PCs)
    6) Skeleton Crew (Presentation Copy)
    7) Eyes of the Dragon (both red and black letters)

And looking for additional early first editions (US and UK) in Fine/Fine condition as well as at least 25 "later" UK first editions in the best condition possible. Here are a few that I have in mind:
    1) US Shining
    2) US IT
    3) UK Carrie
    4) UK Green Mile
    5) UK EOTD

I'll probably sell my remaining proofs (TNLR - 2 versions, Six Stories, Inscribed Green Mile 1-6, etc.) along with some duplicate lettered books (The Stand, Buick 8, etc.). Lofty goals but I really just want to have fun searching for some of the more scarce titles.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    There's still so much to add to this collection before I can be satisfied. With that being said, I'll be looking for some missing lettered/deluxe editions:
    1) Danse Macabre
    2) My Pretty Pony
    3) 'Salem's Lot Black Numeral
    4) Cujo
    5) Colorado Kid 1/33 (Chadbourne and Potter editions -- NO PCs)
    6) Skeleton Crew (Presentation Copy)
    7) Eyes of the Dragon (both red and black letters)

And looking for additional early first editions (US and UK) in Fine/Fine condition as well as at least 25 "later" UK first editions in the best condition possible. Here are a few that I have in mind:
    1) US Shining
    2) US IT
    3) UK Carrie
    4) UK Green Mile
    5) UK EOTD

I'll probably sell my remaining proofs (TNLR - 2 versions, Six Stories, Inscribed Green Mile 1-6, etc.) along with some duplicate lettered books (The Stand, Buick 8, etc.). Lofty goals but I really just want to have fun searching for some of the more scarce titles.
    I'll trade my F/F UK EOTD for one of your spare lettereds!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    2015 was a big year for me crossing off some major collecting goals, especially reuniting my DT S/L matching set (over #500).

I would like to:
    • add a few more early King limiteds
    • expand my UK collection (specifically in the early titles)
    • add more remarques and maybe an original art piece
    I just added The Stand S/L - 2016, I'm out!
    I was wrong as I just added Christine S/L.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, becca! You're landing some big ones!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Congrats, becca! You're landing some big ones!
    I can't pass up a deal!

My Mood
    Asleep

[QUOTE=Roseannebarr;978575]
    2016 goals.

Missing
    My Pretty Pony - signed! Completed
    Green Mile Schribner Still Missing
    Stephen King goes to movies Signed! Completed
    TWTTK. Grant edition. signed, completed
    CoTW hardcover signed! completed
    Umney's Last Case UUGH he inscribed it to BETh. now i have to buy another copy and get it flatsigned.
    Creepshow
    Let me help you with that Glenn.....I have crossed two off your list that I have decided you do not need.

NEW 2016 GOAL

The Green Mile
    Creepshow
    Umney's last case
    Different seasons. Long story. I have one copy inscribed and one flatsigned. NOT happy with either one! I want one flat signed in front of me!

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

2016 Goals

1) Rage US 1st/1st NF
    2) Salems Lot US 1st/1st NF
    3) Night Shift US 1st/1st NF

I'd be happy just snagging one of these

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I will be collecting many lotto tickets throughout the year in the hopes that one will be a winner

In another (un)reality I wouldn't mind getting a full set of US PB Bachman books.

I also wouldn't mind "collecting" the HF's grand prize this year.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=Roseannebarr;991827]
    2016 goals.

Missing
    My Pretty Pony - signed! Completed
    Green Mile Schribner Still Missing
    Stephen King goes to movies Signed! Completed
    TWTTK. Grant edition. signed, completed
    CoTW hardcover signed! completed
    Umney's Last Case UUGH he inscribed it to BETh. now i have to buy another copy and get it flatsigned.
    Creepshow

NEW 2016 GOAL

The Green Mile
    Creepshow
    Umney's last case
    Different seasons. Long story. I have one copy inscribed and one flatsigned. NOT happy with either one! I want one flat signed in front of me!

I can help you with the "Different Seasons" problem.... Seriously, not kidding.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Mine are to complete my 1/1 set. Maybe I'll also go back through and replace some of my ugly copies such as DeadZone.
    • Carrie
    • Night Shift (I have a spare now if anyone needs one)
    • Different Seasons
    • Firestarter
    • Rage
    • The Long Walk
    • Roadwork
    • Bachman books (HC)
    • Danse Macabre

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really want a COOL ass Wrightson color, and a lettered Green Mile. I think I will be happy if I get either of these!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

2015 was a big year for me crossing off some major collecting goals, especially reuniting my DT S/L matching set (over #500).

I would like to:
    EOTD S/L and my #3 goal should happen soon!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Signed End of Watch-Not Yet
    Signed Bazaar of Bad Dreams---DONE!
    Signed 3 pack of MM, FK, EOW-NOT YET
    Obtain another Michael Whelen sketch from Knowing Darkness---DONE!

Pretty aggressive goals so we shall see.

!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Reopening thread. Move along.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

June already so I searched for my goals. I have to update some since my hunt list was modified a little bit (some items were added, some others deleted).

* One for the road illustrated
    * The long walk UK 1st
    * The running man UK 1st
    * The Plant #1 unsigned
    * The Plant #3 unsigned

* At least 1 of the 12 1st fiction appearances' magazines I'm missing. - There were 24 items in total and I got one so far, so I'll change it to 1 out of the 23 I'm missing
    * At least 5 of the 13 1st fiction appearances' books I'm missing. This was changed to 19 pieces missing. Now it's 18. I'll keep 5 out 18.
    * At least 2 of the 19 promo items I'm after. Two items added to my want list. I'll stick with 2 out of 21.
    * At least 3 more 1st edition books signed by King. I got 6 since January.
    * At least 2 S/L books I'm missing. I got 4.
    * At least 30 of the 145 magazines I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece. I got 26 but expanded the list to 168. So my goal is 40 out of the 168.
    * At least 10 of the 33 books I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece. Now I'm looking for 41.
    * At least 2 of the 165 newspapers I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece. Now I'm looking for 173
    * At least 1 of the two Spanish editions I'm missing. I learnt about a 3rd Spanish book I'm missing.

Since I completed my last Grails list, I'm creating a new one. I'm pretty positive it'll take a lot of time to get these but I'm not aiming to get these in the near future. It'll probably take me several years and that's why I'm considering these grails:

* The Regulators - Lettered edition
    * Stories of Suspense
    * One copy of The Maine campus with a S. King piece on it.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

I would like to:
    EOTD S/L and my #3 goal should happen soon!
    #2 UK Thinner & The Stand (revised)
    #3 happened with an original DT remarque in The Art of Michael Whelan S/L.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I never set out with any goals but this year has already been big (for me)
    I got The Stand Limited
    Also, I will have a Fire Starter Limited (signed by Michael W as well)
    I am probably not done. I would love to get a Regulators, Christine, Skeleton Crew or Eyes of the Dragon. And I am going to put The Talisman in there as well. I obviously won't get all of them this year. But Christine would be awesome to get. We
    shall see but this year has already been more than expected

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    2015 marked the year I seriously started collecting. My collecting goals for 2016 are to:
    - Buy a nice set of bookshelves to house my current collection. They're all over the place now.
    - (Have some courage to) Start a thread / share photos of my collection on this forum's Collection Thread.
    - Get 3-5 S/Ls of King's own work
    - 1-2 S/L anthologies
    - UK Bachman 1st paperbacks
    - 1-2 interesting proofs
    - Carrie UK 1st
    With my bank account needing a well earned rest, I thought I'd review my collecting goals here. All done. In fact, that set of bookshelves is already full and I'm planning on an extension. Starting to have intrusive thoughts about some 2017 goals...Maybe saving (saving saving) for a DT matching S/L set (if not 2017, at least by 2045).

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

My Goals:

1: pre-order any new limited editions (except PS Lettered, out of my price range) (check, so far)
    2: Acquire one Lettered (check, 2 already, and 2 on the way, plus 'Salem's Lot but that was paid for in 2015)
    3: one of the following: Stand S/N, It S/N, Centipede Press 'Salem's Lot LE (not achieved, but since I overachieved on #2 will probably roll over to 2017)
    4: complete all US releases list at: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...First-Editions. Still need:
    a) Colorado Kid, The - Trade HC (
    b) Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, The - Pop~up
    c) Gunslinger, The (DTI) - Trade HC 2nd Ed.
    d) Nightmares In The Sky
    e) Stephen King - Trade HC Omnibus
    f) Umney's Last Case - PB
    g) Battelground ?? (not on the above list, is this a limited edition?)
    Already bought the Dark tower 1-3 gift set.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    My Goals:

1: pre-order any new limited editions (except PS Lettered, out of my price range) (check, so far)
    2: Acquire one Lettered (check, 2 already, and 2 on the way, plus 'Salem's Lot but that was paid for in 2015)
    3: one of the following: Stand S/N, It S/N, Centipede Press 'Salem's Lot LE (not achieved, but since I overachieved on #2 will probably roll over to 2017)
    4: complete all US releases list at: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...First-Editions. Still need:
    a) Colorado Kid, The - Trade HC (
    b) Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, The - Pop~up
    c) Gunslinger, The (DTI) - Trade HC 2nd Ed.
    d) Nightmares In The Sky
    e) Stephen King - Trade HC Omnibus
    f) Umney's Last Case - PB
    g) Battelground ?? (not on the above list, is this a limited edition?)
    Already bought the Dark tower 1-3 gift set.
    Yeah there is a signed Battleground out there... letter only though
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by burial View Post
    Last year was a great progress for my collection but not everything was fulfilled.
    for 2016:
    Firestarter S/L (or Cujo - S/L)
    Insomnia S/L
    Carrie 1st/1st
    'Salem's Lot 1st/1st
    Thinner 1st/1st
    The Bachman Books 1st/1st
    'Salem's Lot - Centipede Press Art Portfolio

and maybe:
    Six Stories S/L
    The New Lieutenant's Rap (unsigned) <- that would be nice to have

wish me luck!

Still a lot of to look for...
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast