Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Collecting Goals

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Default 2016 Collecting Goals

My goals are still modest:
    • A couple early US/UK 1st/1st mass-market paperbacks, especially the Signet Firestarter!
    • Get some more Dan Simmons and other author's 1st/1st trade editions;
    • Perhaps a King S/L (most likely one of the classics, or Six Stories).

Any help with reaching these goals would be much appreciated!

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

My goals are fairly modest as well:
    • Get my first King S/L that is a King book (have three that are multi-sig items)
    • A first edition of one of the Doubleday books. None at this point!
    • And very specifically ... Sins of the Fathers double signed by King & Block
    • And in the non-King world, a first edition of Godwulf Manuscript by Robert B. Parker. Only one of his I don't have a first of

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm looking for a signed trade edition of Bazaar of Bad Dreams.

I'd like to get a signed trade of the new End of Watch in addition to the US proof and, if printed, the UK proof.

I'm also hoping to get any proofs I don't already have.

John

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I have quite a few goals, and I don't expect to reach them all, but hopefully a few.

Get more remarques
    Get a flat signed trade hard cover, probably 'Salem's Lot
    Get at least one more signed limited, or maybe lettered edition
    Get my first proof
    Get an artist edition and/or remarqued copy of CD's 'Salem's Lot
    Work on collecting the trade hard covers (or artist editions) of the Dark Tower series
    Get more gift editions and 1st editions
    Maybe get One For the Road if I find it for a reasonable price

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like to get something......anything......with a back story as cool as neo_trinity's.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I'd like to get something......anything......with a back story as cool as neo_trinity's.
    That is a VERY lofty goal. I really hope you do, as I'd love to hear the story and see the pictures.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

It keeps bugging me that I don't have the books in this first list, so maybe I should make it a goal to get them this year.
    • UK 1st Danse Macabre
    • LSOE Artist Edition
    • Easton Press Dead Zone
    • Just After Sunset UK 1/500 Limited
    • TWTTK UK 1/200 S/L
    • UTD UK 1/500 S/L
    • Bag of Bones UK 1/2000 S/L
    • King, etc. paperback

I'll also plan on expanding my paperback collection.

Then some others if funds/availability permit.
    • Signed Mr Mercedes
    • Signed BOBD
    • Signed End of Watch
    • End of Watch proofs
    • 3-5 S/L editions, incl. EOTD & Firestarter
    • 3-5 signed 1st editions

And of course, a 'neo back story' would be icing on the top!

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

2015 was a big year for me crossing off some major collecting goals, especially reuniting my DT S/L matching set (over #500).

I would like to:
    • add a few more early King limiteds
    • expand my UK collection (specifically in the early titles)
    • add more remarques and maybe an original art piece
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

2015 marked the year I seriously started collecting. My collecting goals for 2016 are to:
    - Buy a nice set of bookshelves to house my current collection. They're all over the place now.
    - (Have some courage to) Start a thread / share photos of my collection on this forum's Collection Thread.
    - Get 3-5 S/Ls of King's own work
    - 1-2 S/L anthologies
    - UK Bachman 1st paperbacks
    - 1-2 interesting proofs
    - Carrie UK 1st

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My collecting goals for 2016 and beyond,

To get at least another 24 proofs before the end of the year.
    To get a few more missing US 1st - but probably not the Doubledays yet.
    To get any new books End Of Watch etc., still uncertain on Deluxe PS Skeleton Crew

2016 and beyond (these have been on the list for a few years)

S/L - Danse Macabre, My Pretty Pony (With Booklab traycase).
    Lettered - My Holy Grails and therefore unlikely - The Green Mile, The Regulators and Firestarter.
    Last edited by jonp; 06-11-2016 at 01:02 AM.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

1. Pay off the CC bill that 2015 left me with!
    2. Get new bookcase built
    3. Maybe 1 or 2 more S/L's
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wish you all good luck with your goals ! May the fortune be on your side

As i reduced my collection in 2015 significant out of reasons -
    there are not so many goals left for the moment.

I am quite happy with what i got in 2015, as this was the best of all years in my collection life,
    so my true 2016 goal is to see more pictures of your fantastic collections (!)

But if there is something that would give me shivers to get in 2016, this would be
    1. A new Knowing Darkness Artwork
    2. One of the missing Dark Tower #PC Editions, especially the Gunslinger or Wolves of the Calla
    3. The #101 Gunslinger

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    1. Pay off the CC bill that 2015 left me with!
    Let me know when you have this from your list , its on mine also ;D

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post

To get at least another 24 proofs before the end of the year..
    Thats an impressive number! Wish you all the best !

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Signed trade 1st of The Bazaar of Bad Dreams
    Signed trade 1st of End of Watch
    Unsigned trade 1st of End of Watch
    CD Salem's Lot G/E
    Night Shift 1st Edition
    Find the missing volume in my DT SL set
    Last edited by tippy4; 06-10-2016 at 09:00 PM.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

2016 Goals:

- Double my bookcase space by buying three more cases in the same style as the three primary cases I already use.

- Hire a local professional to come out and install high quality UV window tinting to all of the bookcases so I can stop worrying about it.

- Buy more signed King, Gaiman, GRRM, Vonnegut and other authors that catch my interest. No specific plan at this time.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    2016 Goals:
    - Hire a local professional to come out and install high quality UV window tinting to all of the bookcases so I can stop worrying about it.
    Save your money and move into Bob's basement. In fact, lets ALL move into Bob's basement!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    2016 Goals:
    Save your money and move into Bob's basement. In fact, lets ALL move into Bob's basement!
    It is big but maybe not that big.

And there is no bathroom down there.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Bob if you let me live down there I'll happily pee in a bottle!

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    I have no idea how to answer that! Pretty funny stuff!

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

My 2016 Collecting Goals:

1. Do a better job on completing this post than last year
    2. Read MORE, Spend LESS
    3. Finally complete reading the WHOLE Dark Tower series
    19. Get post #19 in this thread
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    My 2016 Collecting Goals:

1. Do a better job on completing this post than last year
    2. Read MORE, Spend LESS
    3. Finally complete reading the WHOLE Dark Tower series
    19. Get post #19 in this thread
    Those are some good goals!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    2016 Goals:
    It is big but maybe not that big.

And there is no bathroom down there.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Where there's a will, there's away!

http://www.mountainsports.com/m_msma...FQqPfgodfqEEEQ
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lettered Green Mile.
    Wrightson orginal.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Signed End of Watch
    Signed Bazaar of Bad Dreams
    Signed 3 pack of MM, FK, EOW
    Obtain another Michael Whelen sketch from Knowing Darkness

Pretty aggressive goals so we shall see.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Lettered Green Mile.
    Wrightson orginal.
    Uh, I know where you can get both of those!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mine are:

- artist editions of last 2 DT books signed by SK
    - another inscribed "to Paul" first edition - Hopefully The Stand or Salem's Lot
    - The Plant Part 3
    - chance for another roadtrip to a signing in Maine.

Paul

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast