Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Collecting Goals

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    My 2016 Collecting Goals:

1. Do a better job on completing this post than last year
    2. Read MORE, Spend LESS
    3. Finally complete reading the WHOLE Dark Tower series
    19. Get post #19 in this thread
    Those are some good goals!
    READ MORE. Yes! At the end of the day, it's all about the stories.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Mine are complete my 1/1 set. Maybe I'll also go back through and replace some of my ugly copies such as DeadZone.
    • Carrie
    • Night Shift
    • Different Seasons
    • Firestarter
    • Rage
    • The Long Walk
    • Roadwork
    • Bachman books (HC)

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Last year was a great progress for my collection but not everything was fulfilled.
    for 2016:
    Firestarter S/L (or Cujo - S/L)
    Insomnia S/L
    Carrie 1st/1st
    'Salem's Lot 1st/1st
    Thinner 1st/1st
    The Bachman Books 1st/1st
    'Salem's Lot - Centipede Press Art Portfolio

and maybe:
    Six Stories S/L
    The New Lieutenant's Rap (unsigned) <- that would be nice to have

wish me luck!
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Good luck!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

To put the collecting on hold for the year and spoil my daughter even more than usual.

Of course the first part won't happen and the second part will happen any way!

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

First and foremost - finish unpacking my collection and displaying it prominently in my new home library. Also, cataloging the items in the Home Library app so I have a record of my collection.
    Then, my goal is to catch up on reading. I still haven't started Finders Keepers and I feel like I'm so behind!!

Of course there are items I'd love to add to my collection:
    The Bachman Books (NAL hardcover)
    The Bachman Books (paperback)
    Rage (Signet paperback, Bachman)
    'Salem's Lot (Doubleday 1975 - third cover state)
    'Salem's Lot (Doubleday 1975 - first cover state)
    The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger (Grant 1982)
    The Plant (Philtrum Press)
    Roadwork (Signet paperback, Bachman)
    Six Stories
    Volume 5 of Castle Rock Newsletters (having an incomplete set is driving me mad)
    First Words
    The Fugitive Recaptured
    How to Write Tales of Horror, Fantasy, and Science Fiction
    The Stephen King Companion

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Night Shift 1/1 to complete my Firsts
    Centipede Press Salem's Lot GE w/ Collector's traycase (REALLY kicking myself in the ass for selling this for $150 a fewyears back)
    Flatsigned (or inscribed to Nick) The Stand 1/1
    Remarqued DotT to complete my "artist's set" of DT books
    Possibly acquire (once again) The Stand S/L (another book I hated selling)

If I am able to get these all done this year, I would be one happy camper.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by at_one View Post
    Centipede Press Salem's Lot GE w/ Collector's traycase (REALLY kicking myself in the ass for selling this for $150 a few years back)
    Not to kick a guy when he is down but holy shit that's cheap.....

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Centipede Press Salem's Lot GE w/ Collector's traycase (REALLY kicking myself in the ass for selling this for $150 a few years back)
    Agreed, but I was in a place where I needed some quick money. Glad I'm out of that place!!!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Agreed, but I was in a place where I needed some quick money. Glad I'm out of that place!!!
    Me too brother. Good to have you collecting!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

My goals for 2016 regarding collecting King's works:

* One for the road illustrated
    * The long walk UK 1st
    * The running man UK 1st
    * The Plant #1 unsigned
    * The Plant #3 unsigned

* At least 1 of the 12 1st fiction appearances' magazines I'm missing.
    * At least 5 of the 13 1st fiction appearances' books I'm missing.
    * At least 2 of the 19 promo items I'm after.
    * At least 3 more 1st edition books signed by King.
    * At least 2 S/L books I'm missing.
    * At least 30 of the 145 magazines I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece.
    * At least 10 of the 33 books I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece.
    * At least 2 of the 165 newspapers I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece.
    * At least 1 of the two Spanish editions I'm missing.

Since I completed my last Grails list, I'm creating a new one. I'm pretty positive it'll take a lot of time to get these but I'm not aiming to get these in the near future. It'll probably take me several years and that's why I'm considering these grails:

* The Regulators - Lettered edition
    * Stories of Suspense
    * One copy of The Maine campus with a S. King piece on it.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Signed End of Watch
    Signed Bazaar of Bad Dreams
    Signed 3 pack of MM, FK, EOW
    Obtain another Michael Whelen sketch from Knowing Darkness

Pretty aggressive goals so we shall see.

One down.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Signed End of Watch

One down.
    Fantastic! Congrats!

Gunslinger Apprentice jsteltor will become famous soon enough jsteltor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Last year I was unfocused in my collecting, too scattershot (sometimes you can't turn down a good deal). That's not to say I didn't acquire beautiful items. Everything I acquired last year was great but the standouts are: US s/l Prime Evil, Green Mile Sub Press Gift set and From A Buick 8 gift edition. Thanks to everyone who helped me acquire these and the other items.

This year I will try to focus on signed items though that is still broad. It gives me wiggle room.
    Wants:
    Insomnia S/L
    Joyland S/L

Have:
    Doctor Sleep - CD PC copy
    Very Best of Best New Horror - PC copy
    Smoke and Mirrors - PC copy
    PS Publishing Anniversary editions set

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Signed End of Watch

One down.

356 days left for the rest, thats a good start ;D
    good luck with the rest

Gunslinger Apprentice jsteltor will become famous soon enough jsteltor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    My goals for 2016 regarding collecting King's works:

* One for the road illustrated
    * The long walk UK 1st
    * The running man UK 1st
    * The Plant #1 unsigned
    * The Plant #3 unsigned

* At least 1 of the 12 1st fiction appearances' magazines I'm missing.
    * At least 5 of the 13 1st fiction appearances' books I'm missing.
    * At least 2 of the 19 promo items I'm after.
    * At least 3 more 1st edition books signed by King.
    * At least 2 S/L books I'm missing.
    * At least 30 of the 145 magazines I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece.
    * At least 10 of the 33 books I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece.
    * At least 2 of the 165 newspapers I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece.
    * At least 1 of the two Spanish editions I'm missing.

Since I completed my last Grails list, I'm creating a new one. I'm pretty positive it'll take a lot of time to get these but I'm not aiming to get these in the near future. It'll probably take me several years and that's why I'm considering these grails:

* The Regulators - Lettered edition
    * Stories of Suspense
    * One copy of The Maine campus with a S. King piece on it.
    I have an extra copy of The Writer - March 2000 with King's "Everything you need to know about writing successfully - in ten minutes".

Wants:
    Insomnia S/L
    Joyland S/L

Have:
    Doctor Sleep - CD PC copy
    Very Best of Best New Horror - PC copy
    Smoke and Mirrors - PC copy
    PS Publishing Anniversary editions set

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Mine are complete my 1/1 set. Maybe I'll also go back through and replace some of my ugly copies such as DeadZone.
    • Carrie
    • Night Shift
    • Different Seasons
    • Firestarter
    • Rage
    • The Long Walk
    • Roadwork
    • Bachman books (HC)
    • Danse Macabre

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

2016 goals.

Finish my flat signed first edition collection

Missing
    My pretty pony Signed
    Green mile Schribner
    Stephen King goes to movies Signed!
    Wttk. Grant edition. Have Schribner signed!
    Cotw hardcover signed!
    Umneys last case
    Creepshow

Updating List
    Missing
    Green Mile HC
    Umneys Last Case
    Ghosts of Darkland County
    Storm of the Century Paperbac
    Creepshow

s

s
    Last edited by Roseannebarr; 06-27-2016 at 07:43 PM.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

POSTED BY jsteltor
    I have an extra copy of The Writer - March 2000 with King's "Everything you need to know about writing successfully - in ten minutes".

Spoiler:
    IT'S A 2nd EDITION.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    • Carrie
    • Night Shift
    • Different Seasons
    • Firestarter
    • Rage
    • The Long Walk
    • Roadwork
    • Bachman books (HC)
    • Danse Macabre
    Firestarter on the way! Let's hope it is in as good of condition as it looked.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    2015 was a big year for me crossing off some major collecting goals, especially reuniting my DT S/L matching set (over #500).

I would like to:
    • add a few more early King limiteds
    • expand my UK collection (specifically in the early titles)
    • add more remarques and maybe an original art piece
    I just added The Stand S/L - 2016, I'm out!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm happy for you, becca! It's beautiful edition.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I'm happy for you, becca! It's beautiful edition.
    Thanks Patrick. I can't believe I have one!!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Signed End of Watch

One down.
    You are welcome!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    2016 goals.

Finish my flat signed first edition collection

Missing
    My Pretty Pony
    Green Mile Schribner
    Stephen King goes to movies
    TWTTK. Grant edition. Have Schribner
    CoTW hardcover
    Umney's Last Case
    Creepshow
    Let me help you with that Glenn.....I have crossed two off your list that I have decided you do not need.

And I swear to God...If I ever see that Silver Bullet of yours...........
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast