Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Music - Nomination & Discussion Thread #8 (1980-1984)

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    a-ha - Take Me On (1984)

Technically, released in 1984 but probably not that many people heard it (or were able to buy it) until 1985. If anyone objects to it in this category I will wait and let it be in 85-89.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Take_On_Me

A-Ha made two versions of this song. The first and 'original' was indeed released in 1984, but it failed to chart. It wasn't until they reworked the song and released another version, that it reached the charts in 1985. The video you have attached if from the most famous 'second version'. For that reason, I think it should be placed in the 1985 - 1989 category.

Don't worry though. It's an awesome song and I promise you now, that I will second it as soon as you nominate it in thread 9....

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

More mind-blowing electronic classics:

Jean Michel Jarre - Ethnicolor (1984)

Make sure you're watching in HD, put on your headphones and sit back...

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    a-ha - Take Me On (1984)

Technically, released in 1984 but probably not that many people heard it (or were able to buy it) until 1985. If anyone objects to it in this category I will wait and let it be in 85-89.

A-Ha made two versions of this song. The first and 'original' was indeed released in 1984, but it failed to chart. It wasn't until they reworked the song and released another version, that it reached the charts in 1985. The video you have attached if from the most famous 'second version'. For that reason, I think it should be placed in the 1985 - 1989 category.

Don't worry though. It's an awesome song and I promise you now, that I will second it as soon as you nominate it in thread 9....
    Agreed.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Queen - I Want To Break Free (1984)

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    a-ha - Take Me On (1984)

Agreed.
    Fine with me guys!

Means I gotta come up with something else real quick before I step out...

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

This Heat - Sleep (1981)

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lipps, Inc. -- Funkytown (1980)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Lipps, Inc. -- Funkytown (1980)
    Seconded.

Country
    Country Flag

Leonard Cohen - Dance Me to the End of Love (1984)

Country
    Country Flag

Another classic from Prince. As before the video will not embed on this server, but if you click on the link it will take you to the video....

Country
    Country Flag

"When Doves Cry" seconded.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

An awesome track! It also has THE BEST video in the entire tournament so far.... Guaranteed!!!!

ZZ Top - Gimme All Your Lovin' (1983)
    Seconded.

Country
    Country Flag

Rush -- Tom Sawyer (1981)

Country
    Country Flag

Metallica - Seek & Destroy (1983)

Country
    Country Flag

Billy Joel - Uptown Girl (1983)

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

The Vapors -- Turning Japanese (1980)
    Seconded!
    I love this tune!

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Seconded.

Country
    Country Flag

You can only second one. You have to wait until two other people have seconded before you can second again.

Country
    Country Flag

The Who -- Eminence Front (1982)

Crapola!
    Well, would someone please please please second Tom Sawyer by Rush!?!

Country
    Country Flag

Don't worry. It'll get seconded. Hell, it might even win this thread.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    Seconded.
    Second.

Country
    Country Flag

There it is! (And yet "2112" has not been seconded yet in the previous thread )

Country
    Country Flag

Queen - I Want To Break Free (1984)
    Seconded

Country
    Country Flag

Yello - Lost Again (1983)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast