Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: David Bowie signed book

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default David Bowie signed book

Came across this interesting new book about Bowie. Signed by the Thin White Duke himself. A good value at $700 although it appears the price will increase in January:

http://www.taschen.com/pages/en/cata...e_19721973.htm

http://www.davidbowie.com/news/tasch...increase-55261

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have two of these Taschen editions: expensive, but worth the high price.

sk

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Not to take away from this offering, but I had a similar version, with art from, Ron Wood of the "Rolling Stones". I also own several pieces by him, one of which I sold for a record, $22K +. My art dealer has "photo portfolios" like this he has been trying to sell me over the years and I'm just not convinced on the value. I really like the fact that, Wood is an actual artist, in addition to his guitar, JMHO. Here are some of the pieces I have....

I also have works by, Roger Dean. Of course, make your own decisions/valuations. I do like me some, Bowie though!!! LOL

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, looks like the Bowie book is $4000 now.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I checked on Monday night and the book was still listed for $2,500. I’m not sure they will get $4,000 now.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Goes to show, I ain't selling shit until, Ronnie joins that big band in the sky!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

That's crazy to me that the publishing house would raise the cost of the book as the amount go away. As a publishing house you should set a price and stick to it. If anything you lower the cost as time moves to sell the product. Now they are just trying to get all the money they can, they have already made the investment in the book and I know they didn't cost even 1k per book to make. I guess if you can make 1000% ROI more power to you.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

1/1

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    That's crazy to me that the publishing house would raise the cost of the book as the amount go away. As a publishing house you should set a price and stick to it. If anything you lower the cost as time moves to sell the product. Now they are just trying to get all the money they can, they have already made the investment in the book and I know they didn't cost even 1k per book to make. I guess if you can make 1000% ROI more power to you.
    Yes, they should have stuck to the $700 publication price. Now it just looks like they are trying to benefit from his death.

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    1/1
    Sweet!

1st Edition of The Hunger.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    1st Edition of The Hunger.
    Love it! I never read the book but I saw the movie multiple times when it came out

When/where did you get these lovely books?

From out of my Movie Tie-in Collection & got them signed in 1984.
    (unsigned)

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Hunger was a good movie although I haven't seen it in years. It's too bad poor Whitley Strieber went completely off his nut with that UFO business since he wrote a few decent books.

Country
    Country Flag

"The Man Who Fell to Earth" film limited edition book:

http://www.davidbowie.com/news/tmwft...saturday-56116

+ Reply to Thread