Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Packaging Jobs - Shipping issues - Why???

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Holy shit, it looks like Waterstones ships their packages to a zoo for some heavy gnawing and then has them forwarded to their customers. That's friggen awful.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know who determined that it was acceptable to ship valuable books in cardboard sleeves.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Copied from my CTCC post: Wow! There is just no excuse for such poor packaging and handling. That's ridiculous and just plain lazy on Waterstones part. Glad I had a member pick up a copy for me and will be doing the shipping.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like the package fell off a pallet, belt, etc. and was run over by a forklift, or some trailer. Definitely some form of tire track. Something similar happened to me with a brand new (first use) piece of luggage on a trip to Costa Rica several years back. Fortunately the 24 bottles of beer inside survived, and I received a full refund on the luggage.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Waterstone's offered a 10% refund.

I said I'd prefer to return them.

Waiting to hear back.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

OMG Brian. That is AWFUL.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

Waiting to hear back.
    Wow!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Waiting to hear back.
    That is BS!!! Your damage looked worse than mine. I just got notice from their customer service. I got a full refund, including shipping charges. They seemed satisfied when I sent them pictures of what were were talking about.

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

This is not a bad packing job posting but a small jab at the USPS nevertheless. It seems they have been talking with my mom and now agree with her that comic books are not "media" and not eligble for Media Mail rates!
    I cry foul!!!!!
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    This is not a bad packing job posting but a small jab at the USPS nevertheless. It seems they have been talking with my mom and now agree with her that comic books are not "media" and not eligble for Media Mail rates!
    I cry foul!!!!!
    Comics are not Media Mail, unless you can convince the USPS that the comic was/is a periodical (a magazine or newspaper published at regular intervals).

Per the USPS:

Media Mail® service has special eligibility requirements for permissible contents. Media Mail rates are limited to the items listed below:
    • Books (at least 8 pages).
    • Sound recordings and video recordings, such as CDs and DVDs.
    • Playscripts and manuscripts for books, periodicals, and music.
    • Printed music.
    • Computer-readable media containing prerecorded information and guides or scripts prepared solely for use with such media.
    • Sixteen millimeter or narrower width films.
    • Printed objective test materials and their accessories.
    • Printed educational reference charts.
    • Loose-leaf pages and their binders consisting of medical information for distribution to doctors, hospitals, medical schools, and medical students.
    Media Mail Packages may not contain advertising except that books may contain incidental announcements of other books and sound recordings may contain incidental announcements of other sound recordings. In accordance
    with standards in the Mailing Standards of the United States Postal Service, Domestic Mail Manual (DMM 300) 173.3.2, Media Mail Packages are subject to inspection by the Postal Service™. Upon such inspection, matter not eligible for the Media Mail rate may be assessed at the proper rate and sent to the recipient postage due, or the sender may be contacted for additional postage (DMM 604.8.1).
    For more information about Media Mail service, please visit www.usps.com or call 1-800-ASK-USPS (1-800-275-8777). Complete explanations of qualified items may be found in DMM 173.3.2.
    Notice 121
    July 2008
    PSN 7610-07-000-4037

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Waiting to hear back.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Saw the book in half, add real or fake blood and fingerprints, take photos, send pics to Waterstones demanding a 110% refund PLUS return postage.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Waiting to hear back.
    Wow, 10%? What a joke. That's bad customer service, to say the least. Sorry to hear it.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Country
    Country Flag

I cry foul!!!!!
    Oops. I didn't realize this either, Chris and have sent and received such via media mail.

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I cry foul!!!!!
    Oops. I didn't realize this either, Chris and have sent and received such via media mail.
    No big deal really, i could have just said they were magazines.
    My biggest complaint is that after all those years of my arguing with mom about the Literary And Cultural Value of comic books, the USPS decides to take her side!
    Comics are Literature!!! I mean come on, did anybody else ever read all 300 issues of Cerberus the Aardvark? Goddam poetry it was!
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I cry foul!!!!!
    It's only a problem if you get caught. I've had a couple packages opened (all books, no problem), and only one was ever opened and returned. It was a calendar and thus very light compared to the package size. That was 7+ years ago.
    Now I just follow the rules. I have shipped an empty slipcase or two, but I either pay the higher rate, or put a PB book in the slipcase so as to qualify.
    I print my own shipping labels, thus rarely interact with a USPS person at a Post Office.

Country
    Country Flag

I cry foul!!!!!
    My biggest complaint is that after all those years of my arguing with mom about the Literary And Cultural Value of comic books, the USPS decides to take her side!
    Comics are Literature!!! I mean come on, did anybody else ever read all 300 issues of Cerberus the Aardvark? Goddam poetry it was!
    Well I think RF's argument would work. They are published on a regular basis and some folks subscribe to 'em

P.S. Do I owe you anymore to cover expenses from our transaction?

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Bad Packaging Jobs - Why???

Off topic I know, but you seem like a fan so I thought this might be of interest. I had completely forgotten about it until you mentioned Cerebus. This is an interview I did with Dave Sim in 1993.

Spoiler:

I cry foul!!!!!
    Well I think RF's argument would work. They are published on a regular basis and some folks subscribe to 'em

P.S. Do I owe you anymore to cover expenses from our transaction?
    Never in life!
    I set my watch and warrant on it.

Country
    Country Flag

I cry foul!!!!!
    I don't understand why a comic doesn't qualify as long as it has 8 pages and doesn't contain advertisements.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Periodicals with advertisements are excluded. Most of the comics I've seen do have advertisements. This is a bit contentious since a lot of books do advertise as well but it's usually for other books.

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

[venting]

I know this is a well worn common complaint, but I am so sick of ebay sellers who clearly market their item to a collector by pointing out all of the condition points a collector is interested in knowing, takes all of the right pictures, knows the right points to show it is the 1st printing, etc....then mails it in a fucking bubble envelope. WTF was the point?!? You are a fucking book dealer! How do you not get this?!!?!?

[/venting]

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AstroDad View Post
    [venting]

I know this is a well worn common complaint, but I am so sick of ebay sellers who clearly market their item to a collector by pointing out all of the condition points a collector is interested in knowing, takes all of the right pictures, knows the right points to show it is the 1st printing, etc....then mails it in a fucking bubble envelope. WTF was the point?!? You are a fucking book dealer! How do you not get this?!!?!?

[/venting]
    Completely agree, James. Two words come to mind; cheap & lazy.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The worst. I finally tracked down a Gene Wolfe book in fine condition and the turkey brain sent it in a bubble envelope.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I just received a S/L Stand from Canada in a thin box same size as coffin traycase and 4 deflated air pillows for padding...that is it...AMAZING thing is, book made it without damage...pretty incredible given lack of support for a noted fragile book.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast